News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wembley86

Quote from: Tony on December 01, 2015, 06:21:14 PM
A little video I did of 35 running under its own power in Bull Street today is at

what are the white and grey things on the tram

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: wembley86 on December 01, 2015, 08:17:24 PM
what are the white and grey things on the tram

@wembley86 They are to test the clearances of the tram to any object trackside that it may encounter.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Eric Shaw

Tram 35 was in Bull Street today, displaying that services to there will start on 6th December.

Stuharris 6360

Good to see how up to date the Midland Metro website is, price of Metro Daytripper is shown as £4.80 when in fact it's £5.40!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

AV4248

The route maps have been changed on the trams I went on today, they stand out quite a bit in pink and now shows the Bull Street stop.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: AV4248 on December 03, 2015, 06:30:11 PM
The route maps have been changed on the trams I went on today, they stand out quite a bit in pink and now shows the Bull Street stop.

Is there a new timetable for next week or will it just be that for Birmingham Snow Hill read Bull Street

wembley86

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 02, 2015, 08:19:50 PM
Good to see how up to date the Midland Metro website is, price of Metro Daytripper is shown as £4.80 when in fact it's £5.40!!
I know 2012 for timetables as well,

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: wembley86 on December 03, 2015, 07:40:52 PM
I know 2012 for timetables as well,

and Network West Midlands not much better, nice page on new service to Bull Street, and then click on the timetable, and it shows the service running from Snow Hill!!

MW

They seem to be recruiting people to drive these trams, presume the PVR for it has increased because of the extension, (forgive me but I know nothing about the tram, have never been on it and no idea where it goes apart from Birmingham to Wolverhampton with the tram stop in Winson Green (11 and 101 route).

Shed load of internal vacancies have appeared on the noticeboard in AG, with around 5 adverts for tram drivers, then more for customer service related roles. Interesting. I wonder what it's like to drive one of these.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: MW on December 04, 2015, 09:46:24 PM
They seem to be recruiting people to drive these trams, presume the PVR for it has increased because of the extension, (forgive me but I know nothing about the tram, have never been on it and no idea where it goes apart from Birmingham to Wolverhampton with the tram stop in Winson Green (11 and 101 route).

Shed load of internal vacancies have appeared on the noticeboard in AG, with around 5 adverts for tram drivers, then more for customer service related roles. Interesting. I wonder what it's like to drive one of these.

Think when the full service to Birmingham New Street starts, they want to increase the frequency.

One of the trams was on Bull Street this afternoon
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

AV4248

Quote from: MW on December 04, 2015, 09:46:24 PM

There does seem to have been a staff shortage on the Metro recently, well according to their Twitter feed from around two weeks ago.

wembley86

seen people walking down the track from colomore gate to bull st,   

Gareth

Around 4am on Sunday morning, there was a tram travelling by Snow Hill, would this be the start of overnight testing further down the line after Bull Street, or maybe some additional driver training on the small extension already open?

Stevo

They can't start running into Corporation Street yet as the overhead isn't finished.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk