News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

The wiring wasn't finished yesterday, with bits missing and the northbound line still held on by temporary pulleys. How on earth will they get it finished, tested and in use by a week Sunday, the opening date to Upper Bull St announced by Centro?

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Stevo on November 21, 2015, 11:30:05 AM
How good of HRH to choose a brolly and a coat to match the livery of the tram. I wonder if Harrod's calls the colour 'Midland Metro Pink'!
Harrods?!?  Far too down market for Her Maj...
Tony

Westy

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on November 25, 2015, 09:11:31 PM
Harrods?!?  Far too down market for Her Maj...

Would've thought the Royals boycotted Harrods, because of who the owner is?

wembley86

mohamed al fayed does not own Harrods now,

Roy

Quote from: Stevo on November 25, 2015, 08:26:44 PM
The wiring wasn't finished yesterday, with bits missing and the northbound line still held on by temporary pulleys. How on earth will they get it finished, tested and in use by a week Sunday, the opening date to Upper Bull St announced by Centro?

There is talk that the opening date may be put back to 20 December.

windy miller

Any sign of trams 17 and 37 being available/in use anytime soon?. Still unseen by me anyway.... thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Roy on November 29, 2015, 10:05:12 AM
There is talk that the opening date may be put back to 20 December.

Why bother then, just open the whole extension sometime in 2016 or 17 18 19 20 21!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

wembley86

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 29, 2015, 08:33:53 PM
Why bother then, just open the whole extension sometime in 2016 or 17 18 19 20 21!!
17 seems very illusive, arrived 2013. 

Westy

Quote from: wembley86 on November 28, 2015, 03:21:37 PM
mohamed al fayed does not own Harrods now,

He kept that quiet then!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on November 30, 2015, 06:24:26 AM
He kept that quiet then!

No he didn't, there was loads of publicity in 2010 when it happened.

It is still on the Daily Mail's website from 2010 along with many others
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1275482/The-Harrods-sale-1bn-profit-Iconic-London-store-sold-Al-Fayed-Qatari-sheikh-secret-3am-deal.html

Tony

First tram to run under its own power on the streets of Birmingham has just arrived in Bull Street

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on December 01, 2015, 03:28:24 PM
First tram to run under its own power on the streets of Birmingham has just arrived in Bull Street
I think I saw them testing the overhead wire on Corporation Street about 1ish this afternoon they were outside House of Fraser. Had 2 hooks attached to poles hooked over the main (live) cables did wonder why they were doing it for?

Tony

A little video I did of 35 running under its own power in Bull Street today is at

Stevo

I was there too, just by chance. At last!

Stevo

In fact that's me on the left, talking to the man in a woolly hat. (That's Barry Ware, who rescued Birmingham COG5 1107 from the scrapyard.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk