News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniquicity

Quote from: Gareth on November 29, 2019, 04:55:40 PM
There's notices on the tram stops in the city centre with the date on it. Revised timetable and revised fares too.

Indeed, 10 minute frequency Sunday daytime is planned which is much needed.

The information is out there if you make the effort and go out and look

mikestone

;
which is as clear as mud unless you read
;
https://westmidlandsmetro.com/2019/11/29/grand-central-metro-platform-re-opens-as-new-timetable-tests-begin/
;
This presumably means tomorrow is the last day for the crossover in Stephenson Place.
;
New fares are here

;
City Hop goes up to 1.50 in Birmingham and 1.20 in Wolverhampton and there is reference to single fares 1,2 and 3 but only returns 1 and 2, rather than quoting a "from" price currently. Presumably return 3 would have been more than a day ticket. I can't see anything on the website showing which fare applies where.

BK63 YWP

How long does the metro drive on battery mode at the moment. On Monday the tram I caught at half 11 from grand central did not put the pantograph back up until the jewellery quarter
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Dom

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 08, 2019, 07:03:50 PM
How long does the metro drive on battery mode at the moment. On Monday the tram I caught at half 11 from grand central did not put the pantograph back up until the jewellery quarter

How could you possibly know that?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Dom on December 08, 2019, 09:02:39 PM
How could you possibly know that?

Because i was sat under the pantograph section when heard it get raised
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

uniquicity

The new section is now open to passengers if anyone wants to bash it...

Gareth

I see some trams have reindeer names added to them. I've seen Dancer, Comet and Rudolph so far.

Busboy105

Quote from: Gareth on December 12, 2019, 04:31:49 PM
I see some trams have reindeer names added to them. I've seen Dancer, Comet and Rudolph so far.
Same here.

JIM H

9 trams carry names of reindeer, at least until the new year, in connection with a competition run together with the Sea Life Centre.

richardjones210368

Stevo

I see track is already laid in the Five Ways underpass, the nearside lane on both carriageways. Perhaps they want to reopen it to traffic asap.

Busboy105

Quote from: Stevo on January 19, 2020, 05:19:58 PM
I see track is already laid in the Five Ways underpass, the nearside lane on both carriageways. Perhaps they want to reopen it to traffic asap.
I thought that the underpass was never going to reopen.

Stu

Quote from: Busboy105 on January 19, 2020, 05:55:42 PM
I thought that the underpass was never going to reopen.

I think it was hinted at as a possibility, not as a certainty.

I suppose it could be possible that the underpass might be restricted to buses and taxis only, rather than general traffic.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk