News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Increase in railway travel and the struggling railway infrastructure

Started by Chris2301, April 01, 2015, 09:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Not my fault if the conductor doesnt collect the fares, and if nobody is checking the tickets at new st....

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on April 01, 2015, 10:38:16 PM
Not my fault if the conductor doesnt collect the fares, and if nobody is checking the tickets at new st....

Sure the same conversation has been had before, but it is your fault if you don't go up to them and ask to buy a ticket. You're just admitting to theft atm
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Nobody else did either that I saw.  So that makes dozens of us

Bob

Is it or is it not a badly run service when they dont even bother their a##e to send a conductor around?

tank90

Quote from: Bob on April 02, 2015, 07:04:55 AM
Nobody else did either that I saw.  So that makes dozens of us

So it's ok because others didn't?

Quote from: Bob on April 02, 2015, 07:06:34 AM
Is it or is it not a badly run service when they dont even bother their a##e to send a conductor around?
Well I see it as this. LM are trusting its passengers to be honest and buy there tickets. There have been times on the cross city line when I've got on the train and not bought a ticket because, It's been lunch time and Redditch ticket office closes, there's been a que at the machine (this was when RH had one machine) and the conductor didn't check tickets, how ever on his way back I sad I need to buy a ticket. He wasn't happy but I didn't want to 1 pay a big fine 2 take much needed money from LM 3 be one of those people who don't give a damn.

I think that everyone knows they need a ticket to travel and they can buy one, either by machine, online, ticket office and on the train. Even in the evening you can go to the back of the train and knock on the door to pay your fare. All it needs is some honesty and that's what is lacking in society today.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

tank90

Well I have been brought up to be honest. Many parents these days couldn't give a flying trout, which is bad. And as for older people not paying I think they should be ashamed in not paying. Anyway enough of my rants.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Kevin

The analogy I use is that it's like not paying for your shopping because the checkouts are too far to the side from the exit
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bryan

Quote from: tank90 on April 02, 2015, 12:09:57 PM
Well I have been brought up to be honest. Many parents these days couldn't give a flying trout, which is bad. And as for older people not paying I think they should be ashamed in not paying. Anyway enough of my rants.

I'm the same as you.

A couple of years ago I was a regular traveler on London Midland services to Solihull, and so go to recognize many of the regular faces. On two occasions when traveling in the same coach as one of these people, when ticket inspectors passed through he was caught without a ticket.

As for myself, I always used to buy a weeks supply of tickets on a Monday morning in case of any queues or other problems during the week.

Bob

tank90

Quote from: Bob on April 02, 2015, 03:49:46 PM
Why have a conductor then? Badly run. ...

Due to need for a Guard on the train for LM. Fare collection and ticket inspection is a small part of the role for Conductors. At the end of the day British Transport Police would not except that as an excuse. It is YOUR responsibility to buy a valid ticket to travel. If you are not buying a ticket and traveling you are trespassing on the railway simple as. You are at the end of the day making it more expensive for others to use the train. Not badly run its your morals or lack of morals that is bad, not London Midland.

One question I have for you Bob is would you if you saw people jump over a ticket barrier say a dozen follow them?

Dan

Tony

And officially Cannock is in a Penalty Fare zone and does have ticket purchasing facilities, so they could Penalty Fare or prosecute if they wished

Bob

Quote from: Tony on April 02, 2015, 06:40:42 PM
And officially Cannock is in a Penalty Fare zone and does have ticket purchasing facilities, so they could Penalty Fare or prosecute if they wished

Only if your paying by card.

Morals? So for example in london in routemaster days, if a conductor didnt come round and you didn't buy a ticket,  would ypu rush to the nearest London transport office and go and pay?

And I think youll find that whats making our trains the most expensive in Europe is the rubbish privatised fragmented system not london midlands woefully inadequate fares collection

tank90

Quote from: Bob on April 02, 2015, 07:25:05 PM
Only if your paying by card.

Morals? So for example in london in routemaster days, if a conductor didnt come round and you didn't buy a ticket,  would ypu rush to the nearest London transport office and go and pay?

And I think youll find that whats making our trains the most expensive in Europe is the rubbish privatised fragmented system not london midlands woefully inadequate fares collection

Yes I would seek a conductor or a LTO to pay my fare it's simple in my mind pay for what you use.

Well privatisation has been abit adhock but if you are not paying for every journey you make on a train then you have no right to moan.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk