News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Passengers to get cash back if train is two minutes late

Started by Bryan, March 11, 2015, 06:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

An interesting article, which if completely introduced, may encourage rail companies to run trains on time in future years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2988885/Passengers-cash-train-two-minutes-late-Government-forces-operators-sign-pay-delay-scheme.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Having said that, I'm guessing the cost of its introduction will be astronomical, with all the necessary equipment to swipe cards at the start and end of all journeys to confirm times. I suspect passengers will end up paying more in higher fares for the new equipment than they will get refunded!

Tony

You mean a bit like National Express do who invented the idea on their franchise.
This is just politicians noticing a good idea a private company has come up with and thinking that telling everyone they have a wonderful idea to enforce elsewhere will win them votes.

General Election coming up!

Expect lots of crap from both sides in the next few months

Bryan

Quote from: Tony on March 11, 2015, 06:24:57 PM
You mean a bit like National Express do who invented the idea on their franchise.
This is just politicians noticing a good idea a private company has come up with and thinking that telling everyone they have a wonderful idea to enforce elsewhere will win them votes.

General Election coming up!

Expect lots of crap from both sides in the next few months

I would agree!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk