News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

6476/6694/6908 Locations

Started by Ally, February 22, 2015, 03:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

A few locations here for Ron's photos, if you wish to use them Tony:

NOC 476R - Pond Street Interchange, Sheffield
SDA 694S - Flat Street, Sheffield
WDA 908T - Meadowhall Interchange, Sheffield

Ironically, it was only 2 weeks ago that I was stood just down from where SDA 694S was watching the 47/48 services come and go - they stop 1 stop down from there now. These days it's a mix of First B7Ls, B7TLs & B9TLs on the services.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Cheese

Quote from: Ally on February 22, 2015, 03:35:19 PM
A few locations here for Ron's photos, if you wish to use them Tony:

NOC 476R - Pond Street Interchange, Sheffield
SDA 694S - Flat Street, Sheffield
WDA 908T - Meadowhall Interchange, Sheffield

Ironically, it was only 2 weeks ago that I was stood just down from where SDA 694S was watching the 47/48 services come and go - they stop 1 stop down from there now. These days it's a mix of First B7Ls, B7TLs & B9TLs on the services.

The pic of WDA908T at Meadowhall Interchange is interesting as the 448 was a route Andrews started I believe when Meadowhall opened in Sept 1990 (as an extension of their 47/48 service from Shiregreen) but it didn't really last very long, so would probably date that shot around late 1990 or 1991 I would think.

I have many memories of waiting for buses at Meadowhall since the centre opened, living just up from there until I was 19, used to travel quite regularly on ex WMT Fleetlines later in the 90s after Andrews/Sheffield Omnibus/Terrier were all part of Yorkshire Traction and the Fleetlines appeared more often on the 94.

Stevo

The picture of 6486 and the DMS must be in the Kinch yard somewhere around Louhborough. I don't think Andrews worked there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk