News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Tividale

Started by the trainbasher, January 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Tony on January 14, 2018, 09:12:17 AM
All Birmingham buses need to be Euro 6 by 2020 not Euro 5, so these purchases will be no good for the 16 & 50. I believe TfWM are going to specify tenders at Euro 6 as well

Thats interesting.

I assume Nx has or will have Euro 6 vehicles by then?

Nx will probably end up with all the evening & Sunday tenders!

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 14, 2018, 09:30:33 AM
One thing I will never understand is the specification of high Euro buses for routes which essentially carry no one. Leather seat solos put on the tendered routes, not exactly any point. As for Euro 6 buses by 2020 this is just going to minimise competition for the likes of nx who are the only ones that can afford the ridiculous prices of new buses. Absolutely crap what has happened to this region.

Talking rubbish again. So it's alright for buses to pollute the atmosphere which is causing some early deaths if they're not carrying many people? You don't have to buy new buses to meet Euro 6. Pensnett's 44xx tridents meet the new rules at 14 years old. I would think there will be second hand buses coming out of London by 2020 with Euro 6 traps.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on January 14, 2018, 09:47:39 AM
Talking rubbish again. So it's alright for buses to pollute the atmosphere which is causing some early deaths if they're not carrying many people? You don't have to buy new buses to meet Euro 6. Pensnett's 44xx tridents meet the new rules at 14 years old. I would think there will be second hand buses coming out of London by 2020 with Euro 6 traps.

It's not that simple though is it. With the current state of the economy things are going to be far more expensive. Expect the prices of imports to increase, which could be an option if you select brand new buses. Whilst the PN 44** tridents had upgrades, are you sure that all buses could follow a similar suit? Also I guarantee that across the UK not all buses will have to be Euro 6 in town centres, the whole business of making the government look like there doing something by reducing co2 emmisions in birimingham, whilst the rest of the Midlands is likely to be operated by darts, The correlation regarding co2 and deaths is questionable

winston

All Birmingham buses need to be Euro 6 by 2020 not Euro 5, so these purchases will be no good for the 16 & 50. I believe TfWM are going to specify tenders at Euro 6 as well

That's good news for the Tividale then! i.e. in terms of receiving new full size buses, can't see the 16/16W or 50 being withdrawn as Central Connect did with the 17, 37, 97 to avoid buying newer compliant buses.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 14, 2018, 09:30:33 AM
One thing I will never understand is the specification of high Euro buses for routes which essentially carry no one. Leather seat solos put on the tendered routes, not exactly any point. As for Euro 6 buses by 2020 this is just going to minimise competition for the likes of nx who are the only ones that can afford the ridiculous prices of new buses. Absolutely crap what has happened to this region.

It doesn't matter whether a bus is carrying 1 or 30 passengers, It's still pumping out the same level of harmful pollutants that we all breathe in. At least the system encorages operators to invest in fleet replacement as can be seen by Diamond buy used Euro 5 Optare Solos in quantity, long gone are the days when bus companies can buy a fleet of smokey Leyland Nationals or breadvans etc.

You should also find that cost of providing Euro 5 buses (currently) on TfWM routes is built in to the price.

Even with Euro 6 Diamond could just upgrade the exhaust systems on existing B7RLE's, it doesn't have to be brand new...

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 14, 2018, 10:10:00 AM
It's not that simple though is it. With the current state of the economy things are going to be far more expensive. Expect the prices of imports to increase, which could be an option if you select brand new buses. Whilst the PN 44** tridents had upgrades, are you sure that all buses could follow a similar suit? Also I guarantee that across the UK not all buses will have to be Euro 6 in town centres, the whole business of making the government look like there doing something by reducing co2 emmisions in birimingham, whilst the rest of the Midlands is likely to be operated by darts, The correlation regarding co2 and deaths is questionable

Who's on about CO2?

Euro 6 is about Nitrous Oxide and particulates and there is proof those are causing deaths

Kevin2017

All this Euro 4, 5, 6 stuff is killing bus industry for drivers and enthusiasts, TFL waste too much money on new buses, what's wrong with the current ones? same like Nat Ex, why do we need MMC, with no power, no sounds, that the ALX Give etc, when they can be upgraded with all sorts and we would still get the same power and noise from them.. 

Kevin2017

That's what national express have committed to not other operators 😂😂

winston

Quote from: Kevin2017 on January 14, 2018, 06:13:45 PM
All this Euro 4, 5, 6 stuff is killing bus industry for drivers and enthusiasts, TFL waste too much money on new buses, what's wrong with the current ones? same like Nat Ex, why do we need MMC, with no power, no sounds, that the ALX Give etc, when they can be upgraded with all sorts and we would still get the same power and noise from them..

They're old, increasingly more unreliable & drink more fuel than newer lighter weight models.

Quote from: Kevin2017 on January 14, 2018, 06:18:54 PM
No, all operators that enter the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin2017

Quote from: Winston on January 14, 2018, 06:22:25 PM
They're old, increasingly more unreliable & drink more fuel than newer lighter weight models.

Most days Wolverhampton manage to run a full run out of their ALXs etc, so that says something.

winston

Quote from: Kevin2017 on January 14, 2018, 06:23:48 PM
Most days Wolverhampton manage to run a full run out of their ALXs etc, so that says something.

Can't argue with that statement, it would be interesting to see the difference in maintenance costs & mpg between a Trident & E400 MMC.

However, on the other hand you'll also notice that Tridents are no longer used on Sundays on any WN routes. Newer more fuel efficient models are the preferred choice.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on January 14, 2018, 06:22:35 PM
No, all operators that enter the City Centre.

These rules are beneficial to nx. Try getting an existing operator like social travel to find the costs to upgrade a dart or buy a new bus. Only nx can afford to withdraw buses and get new ones, and that's only because they are part of the larger group. Look at the amount of platinums. Totally uneccessary

Tony

Quote from: Kevin2017 on January 14, 2018, 06:18:54 PM

I think you will find all operators are committed to it. With additional areas getting AQPS rules, Solihull is next, there won't be anywhere for people to use polluting buses soon

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 14, 2018, 06:48:52 PM
These rules are beneficial to nx. Try getting an existing operator like social travel to find the costs to upgrade a dart or buy a new bus. Only nx can afford to withdraw buses and get new ones, and that's only because they are part of the larger group. Look at the amount of platinums. Totally uneccessary

beneifcial to NX? How? Part of this decision came from the Andy Street, as one of his main focuses was on air quality.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on January 14, 2018, 06:55:12 PM
beneifcial to NX? How? Part of this decision came from the Andy Street, as one of his main focuses was on air quality.

Reduce nx competition- small independent won't be able to operate with such high spec vehicles.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk