News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Metro news from |Centro

Started by broma1k, December 10, 2014, 06:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

I seem to remember someone had said that the curve/link between the lower end of corporation st and the top of navigation st, (Next to the old Ramp entrance to N St Station) had necessitated the original track to be taken up and re aligned? is this true? :-\ 
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stevo

They had welded in the curves to the crossover section but then detached them and left them for a few weeks before re-welding. I'm not sure why, but they've had to remover the pavement below the ramp to get the curve round.

Stevo

I must say I find it very annoying that they describe a track as a 'carriageway'. Balfour Beatty is so used to building roads!

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on April 03, 2015, 07:20:56 PM
I must say I find it very annoying that they describe a track as a 'carriageway'. Balfour Beatty is so used to building roads!

They are doing the carriageway, just they are putting tram track in it

Solo1

Midland Metro Engineering Works - Advanced Notice
Affected Services
MM1
For a period of around 3 weeks towards the end of October while the line is connected into the new extension Metro will terminate at St Paul's.

Details of this 3 week period are still being finalised and we will be publishing the alternate arrangements for getting to Snow Hill when they become available.

Once the works are complete Metro will run into the new Snow Hill stop which is situated on a bridge over the ring road and connection into the heavy rail station will be via stairs and walking via Livery St to Snow Hill second access or by walking up the Metro route past Snow Hill One and Two to the front entrance of Snow Hill station.

When the remainder of the route opens at the end of the year Bull Street will provide a level walking route through to the front entrance of Snow Hill station.

The new extension means that Metro will continue from St Paul's to the new stop at Snow Hill then onto stops at Bull Street, Corporation Street and then Grand Central at New Street Station. This extension will open by the end of the year.

Reported: 04-08-2015 - 07:46

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Solo1 on August 05, 2015, 04:18:22 PM
Midland Metro Engineering Works - Advanced Notice
Affected Services
MM1
For a period of around 3 weeks towards the end of October while the line is connected into the new extension Metro will terminate at St Paul's.

Details of this 3 week period are still being finalised and we will be publishing the alternate arrangements for getting to Snow Hill when they become available.

Once the works are complete Metro will run into the new Snow Hill stop which is situated on a bridge over the ring road and connection into the heavy rail station will be via stairs and walking via Livery St to Snow Hill second access or by walking up the Metro route past Snow Hill One and Two to the front entrance of Snow Hill station.

When the remainder of the route opens at the end of the year Bull Street will provide a level walking route through to the front entrance of Snow Hill station.

The new extension means that Metro will continue from St Paul's to the new stop at Snow Hill then onto stops at Bull Street, Corporation Street and then Grand Central at New Street Station. This extension will open by the end of the year.

Reported: 04-08-2015 - 07:46

Would have thought it would be easier to terminate at Jewellery Quarter, for people to catch the train into Snow Hill?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 05, 2015, 04:40:37 PM
Would have thought it would be easier to terminate at Jewellery Quarter, for people to catch the train into Snow Hill?

You can still do that with it terminating at St Paul's. It just helps the people who normally use St Paul's as well

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2015, 05:53:02 PM
You can still do that with it terminating at St Paul's. It just helps the people who normally use St Paul's as well

Wonder if LM & Chiltern will accept tickets from the Metro while the work is taking place.

Also wonder if the Metro will accept rail tickets between Snow Hill and New Street when the extension opens, to me would be better than changing at Galton Bridge .
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stevo

I suppose they'll use the same 'arrangements' as for the Priestfield to Wolverhampton closure, in other words 'get on the existing bus services or walk'. Now wouldn't it be good if the last tram from the old Snow Hill stop could be a T69?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Stevo on August 10, 2015, 05:13:46 PM
Now wouldn't it be good if the last tram from the old Snow Hill stop could be a T69?

Best of luck with getting a T69 after Friday!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk