News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Tony

Quote from: Jack on November 11, 2017, 11:02:32 PM
You could just a Primo on it! If it didn't interwork with the FD I put the extra E200 on it.

Perry Barr use a decker on it due to overloading on a Scania!

John

Quote from: Jack on November 11, 2017, 11:02:32 PM
You could just a Primo on it! If it didn't interwork with the FD I put the extra E200 on it.

You obviously have not seen the early morning journeys, first 2 from Castle Vale. Those are busy. When I done them I had 761 full and standing both trips

Quote from: MW on November 11, 2017, 11:59:17 PM
Is the 38 commercially operated or is it a WMCA contract?
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/479382/
Comercial.
Quote from: Tony on November 12, 2017, 08:59:23 AM
Perry Barr use a decker on it due to overloading on a Scania!
What journeys don't cope with an Omnlink, peak trips?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Tony on November 12, 2017, 11:00:02 AM
School times
Thanks for the info.
Quote from: Jack on November 10, 2017, 09:54:18 PM
Withdraw the whole of the PB 38. The route is a waste of time, just the 96 route doing a loop of The Vale. There's no more than 5 people on them as well. It never seems to run on time. People can easily do a 5 minute walk from Spitfire Island to the High Street, so not much difference, when getting off the 96 and get a 67/71 to the High Street.
Couldn't it just be operated at School Times then, as a School Days only journey?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on November 12, 2017, 11:03:50 AM
Thanks for the info.Couldn't it just be operated at School Times then, as a School Days only journey?

It is a profitable route why do people want to stop running it, see John's comments about the c10:00 journeys as well

Kevin

Re: the 38
Guessing the timetable atm doesn't lend itself to this, but wonder if there'd be any use in making it a bit more of a circular around the Vale taking on bits of the old 696, ie Yatesbury Avenue and Cadbury Drive, maybe even avoid the Fort and come down Kingsbury Road into the estate?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on November 12, 2017, 01:51:48 PM
Re: the 38
Guessing the timetable atm doesn't lend itself to this, but wonder if there'd be any use in making it a bit more of a circular around the Vale taking on bits of the old 696, ie Yatesbury Avenue and Cadbury Drive, maybe even avoid the Fort and come down Kingsbury Road into the estate?
There was a Circular round Castle Vale, Central Buses ran until not to long ago, the 696, nobody used it. If it was used, it'd probably still be around today.
So why would you need to replace it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: John on November 12, 2017, 09:23:18 AM
You obviously have not seen the early morning journeys, first 2 from Castle Vale. Those are busy. When I done them I had 761 full and standing both trips
I don't get why those people can't catch a 67/71 and then get the 96 at Spitfire Island. Not being the funny but the Deckers during the day are wasted. I don't get the point in the route.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on November 12, 2017, 06:02:19 PM
I don't get why those people can't catch a 67/71 and then get the 96 at Spitfire Island. Not being the funny but the Deckers during the day are wasted. I don't get the point in the route.

Let's just detach the top deck during the day then?

On you logic I don't get the point of your beloved 52 after all people could just catch the 51 and change onto the 28?

Jack

Quote from: Tony on November 12, 2017, 06:45:54 PM

Let's just detach the top deck during the day then?

On you logic I don't get the point of your beloved 52 after all people could just catch the 51 and change onto the 28?
Why should they? The 52 is a route that gets loadings during the day. The 38 doesn't get anything apart from Peaks.

1901 was rammed on Saturday, no Deckers on Saturday. Not being funny but it's taking the p*ss. Don't worry I've complained to NX.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on November 12, 2017, 06:56:35 PM
Why should they? The 52 is a route that gets loadings during the day. The 38 doesn't get anything apart from Peaks.

1901 was rammed on Saturday, no Deckers on Saturday. Not being funny but it's taking the p*ss. Don't worry I've complained to NX.

Have you ever thought nx maybe running low on compliant buses. Putting an omnilink on a bus that doesn't go into centre could be deemed a waste as they may be needed to run on services entering Birmingham.

John

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 12, 2017, 08:52:13 PM
Have you ever thought nx maybe running low on compliant buses. Putting an omnilink on a bus that doesn't go into centre could be deemed a waste as they may be needed to run on services entering Birmingham.

All of our OmniLinks on routes that don't enter City are needed because of low bridges in Erdington (28 & 96) and Castle Vale (71)

All of our deckers bar 4226 are compliant with the City Centre low emissions rules

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 12, 2017, 08:52:13 PM
They've got compliant Gemini on the 72, the 72 doesn't enter the City Centre.
All of the E400 at Coventry are compliant aswell and not one of there routes enters Birmingham City Centre.
So they do put compliant buses on routes that don't enter Birmingham City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk