News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: Westy on June 25, 2019, 10:51:13 PM
(Correct me if Im wrong, but the only Nx vehicles Cannock sees now are the X51 Platties. No red/white or Crimsons enter Cannock as a rule surely?)

Well there was a picture on Facebook of an X51 to Cannock on a 51 branded enviro.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Pat

One I've been thinking of recently....
Instead of having the WN15 & 16 serving Wombourne (which seems to take ages to get round!), have an additional service that follows a circular route round the town which covers the current route. The 15 and 16 would follow the route of the current 15a but the 16 would still serve Himley. Frequency could be every 30 mins.

BusMan Greg

I would Combine the WN 4 & 25 to form a Wolverhampton outer circle, however the 4 would not be withdrawn completely. The section between wolves and spring hill (or Wombourne) depending on what happens during the next few months would remain. There would be a 25A and 25C representing clockwise and anti-clockwise journeys. The route would run to a 15 minute frequency during the day. Volvo's would be the main allocation to the route.

Stuharris 6360

If it were possible, I would combine the Stourbridge Circular buses (10A/C) with the 28, advertising through journeys on them to Merry Hill. (currently one bus an hour changes from 10 to 28 at Stourbridge but through journeys are not advertised)

Since NX took over the 10A/C, the buses I have seen have been virtually empty.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Sayeed

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 12, 2019, 07:32:51 AM
Something surely has to be done with these routes at some point as they can't be viable as they are now. I agree with the integration with the 23 and 24 but I'd say the 10H rather than the 10 as it goes to Harborne anyway and could probably become a 25.
But either way these routes need disecting and covered elsewhere really.

I thought few options for 10 routes and I know I haven't thought this thorough but I'll throw out my own idea.

So route 10. If 23 & 24 branding get refreshed maybe it would be better to renumber 10 to 24A. I posted about this last year and I also wanted the route operated by NXWM and I am happy that it finally happened. Just like Sonic84 said, route should be busier under NXWM and I am slightly disappointed the turn out. However, the integration part I didn't thought about it. Also, I agree about reinstating to QRW but I'd let it follow 24 route and then back to QRW.

Route 10H. I was thinking to cut to the QEHB but extend it to Halesowen by following 19 route and the old 636, then the current route (Highfield Lane and Simmons Drive) and then back to 19 route. I do see E journeys to Halesowen perhaps it would be better to pass it on to that route including peak journeys. As for renumbering, 19A.

Route 10S. I was thinking to extend 22 (Bearwood - Oldbury) to Quinton Tesco (via last amended 443 route maybe) and interwork with 10S, and also maybe minor route changes.

Век живи - век учись

MasterPlan

I agree about the 10. I thought about that too and the possible 24A. It's only a peak service at the moment so it could easily change to a peak time only 24A.
I'd still replace the 10H with a 25 though. Which would follow the 24 out of City & Harborne but turn left at Quinton, West Boulevard to serve Weoley Castle and terminate at Shenley Fields. With the introduction of these two you could probably drop the 24 frequency a little bit and maybe have the 24/25 interworking.
Then either cut the 27 away from Harborne/Weoley Castle altogether or curtail it to Weoley Castle and have it serve Swathmore Road instead.
As for the 10S I'm not entirely sure.

sonic84

I've been thinking of this some more and I agree with the integration of the 10 with the 24, possibly as the 24A.

The 10H and 10S are trickier. I also thought maybe it could be interwoeked with Diamonds 54 at  Worlds End and extend to the QE every half an hour and lose the QE to Selly Oak / City sections of the route.

The alternative i have thought about is extending the 27 to Quinton from Harbone via the 10H route during off peak times although that section is definitely not busy enough to warrant a 20 minute frequency at the moment.

Either way from my experience with these services over the last 3/4 months I can only see them being cut further.

MasterPlan

Quote from: sonic84 on July 23, 2019, 07:35:20 PM
The alternative i have thought about is extending the 27 to Quinton from Harbone via the 10H route during off peak times although that section is definitely not busy enough to warrant a 20 minute frequency at the moment.

Can't see any way that would work. The route is too long as it is.
As for not being busy enough it was perfectly fine when the 29 ran. I got it many times off-peak too and it was used reasonably well. People have stopped using buses simply as it's not an attractive proposition anymore having to change buses to get into City. Seen plenty of people online saying this.

In my opinion the 27 cannot carry on as it is for much longer. A route back into the City again would be useful rather than links to Maypole...
But alas I'm sure it'll just be further cuts as you say.

Sh4318

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 23, 2019, 07:48:07 PM
Can't see any way that would work. The route is too long as it is.
As for not being busy enough it was perfectly fine when the 29 ran. I got it many times off-peak too and it was used reasonably well. People have stopped using buses simply as it's not an attractive proposition anymore having to change buses to get into City. Seen plenty of people online saying this.

In my opinion the 27 cannot carry on as it is for much longer. A route back into the City again would be useful rather than links to Maypole...
But alas I'm sure it'll just be further cuts as you say.

Could one of the X2* routes not be tweaked to accommodate parts of the 29 that no longer have a direct service to City?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

MasterPlan

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 23, 2019, 10:32:19 PM
Could one of the X2* routes not be tweaked to accommodate parts of the 29 that no longer have a direct service to City?

Well the only one out of the 3 that could would be the X21, and it's already been extended in Weoley Castle to serve Gregory Avenue to cover that section when it was introduced. I put a suggestion on here a while back:

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 21, 2019, 05:24:24 PM
Before anybody jumps down my throat, I'm not saying this is possible or would definitely work, just my 2p. I'd extend the X21 to Shenley Fields to perhaps help with some of the issues regarding no direct bus to City from there anymore. Terminating at Shenley Gardens where it can easily turn back on itself and take the same route as shown in the picture.

Can't seem to include the picture again but the idea is that it would at least give some of Shenley Lane a City bis again. Though even then it still leaves out Alwold Road, Barnes Hill and Harborne Park Road.

Wumpty

There's always been a discussion over viability of services to Essington in South Staffordshire so I'd modify one bus an hour on the NXWM WN59 to serve Essington village via Coppice Farm between 0900-1700.

59A would run as per normal line of route from Wolverhampton to complete the Ashmore Park circle then Peacock Avenue, left onto Lichfield Road, left on to Coppice Farm Way, left onto Essington Road, left onto Upper Sneyd Road onto High Hill, right onto Wolverhampton Road terminating at Essington Church.

Thoughts?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

karl724223

Merry hill to kiddiminster via Stourbridge
If I had a £1 for the amount of times I get asked about a bus from merry hill to kiddiminster
But what do I know I'm only a driver

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on July 24, 2019, 12:19:39 PM
There's always been a discussion over viability of services to Essington in South Staffordshire so I'd modify one bus an hour on the NXWM WN59 to serve Essington village via Coppice Farm between 0900-1700.

59A would run as per normal line of route from Wolverhampton to complete the Ashmore Park circle then Peacock Avenue, left onto Lichfield Road, left on to Coppice Farm Way, left onto Essington Road, left onto Upper Sneyd Road onto High Hill, right onto Wolverhampton Road terminating at Essington Church.

Thoughts?

Is there no way of getting off Ashmore onto Blackhalve Lane?

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on July 24, 2019, 01:48:50 PM

From Ashmore Park, there a number of spur roads that feed off Griffiths Drive (the AP circle) onto Kitchen Lane which lead to Upper Sneyd Road, though this isn't suitable for buses for HGVs as it's narrow with very low hanging trees.

Blackhalve Lane is bus friendly but has no housing, only farms so wouldn't be as viable as my proposed route given the Coppice/Essington connection.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on July 24, 2019, 01:48:50 PM

Linthouse Lane, right at Wood End Island onto Wood End Rd, right onto Blackhalve Lane.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk