News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Jack on June 14, 2019, 10:37:00 AM
The 80/80A don't serve City Hospital... the only part of Dudley Road they serve is outside Summerfield Park.
They don't go past it but, they go close to it.
Summerfield Park is a short walk from the City Hospital, one stop away from the City Hospital stop.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

Quote from: sonic84 on June 13, 2019, 06:04:27 PM
A couple of changes I've often thought about are amending the 13/13A/13B

At present all services run from Warley into the city via Portland Road. I would amend the 13A and 13B so they follow the 12 from Bearwood into the city providing a more direct route into the city centre. (Similar to the old 258)

In turn I would then amend the 80A so that it follows Portland Road into the city maintaining the 10 minute stretch along that section of route.

Whenever I've used it, the Portland Road section of the route(s) is very well used. I'm not sure a 20 minute frequency would suffice. Not to mention you would be removing links to Bearwood that are pretty much set in stone
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

the trainbasher

Few quick ideas

Up the WN82 to every 15 with alternate journeys following the 8 route in Wrens Nest and number it 21/21A.

Number the current 81 as #20

Replace the X8 Dudley shorts with a revised service 8 (so it'll run Stourbridge - Merry Hill - Dudley - Wolverhampton) so you'd have a X8 every 20 running limited stop Dudley to Wolverhampton and the 8 being the stopper.

Introduce a new service 20 which would consist of a merger of the Wollaston sections of the 7/8 as a circular (running every 20 each way)

Cut the 7 at Stourbridge and up it to every 15, with alternate journeys running along the 298 route into Lye as a 7A service via Oldswinford.

Cut the 14A/24 at Cradley Heath station, with passengers to change to newly re numbered 4/existing X10.

Withdraw the 4 shorts to Blackheath and put new DDs on the 4H/4 Merry Hill. Existing Scanias to replace 17xx Volvo's which could go to WN for the first two changes above.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

DJ

One idea I've had is that the WA11 could possibly be diverted to serve Tipton Rail Station and Owen Street, sorta like the old 311A. If I recall correctly, the reason why the 311A was withdrawn was due to the delays at the level crossing, and the subsequent works to replace it with the tunnel under the rail line. I can't see there being any issue nowadays, other than the traffic at peak times along Sedgley Road, although you also have that issue on the current route into Princes End.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Pat

Always thought about this one...

Extend the current WN10 to Telford from Perton via Albrighton, Cosford & Shifnal. Frequency would be every 30 mins.

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on June 23, 2019, 05:19:56 PM
Always thought about this one...

Extend the current WN10 to Telford from Perton via Albrighton, Cosford & Shifnal. Frequency would be every 30 mins.

Arriva tried that, and it wasn't viable. I find it unlikely NX can make it viable too.

Pat

Quote from: Nathan on June 23, 2019, 05:46:04 PM
Arriva tried that, and it wasn't viable. I find it unlikely NX can make it viable too.
Arriva did that because Telford garage took over the 10/10A/10B services from Wednesdield when it closed.  NX could make it viable as Banga are withdrawing the Saturday service on the 891 which would leave Albrighton and Cosford with no service at all.

Westy

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on June 24, 2019, 09:14:20 AM
Arriva did that because Telford garage took over the 10/10A/10B services from Wednesdield when it closed.  NX could make it viable as Banga are withdrawing the Saturday service on the 891 which would leave Albrighton and Cosford with no service at all.r

But, as has been said many times before, Nx taking over 'everything' is not that straightforward!

j789

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on June 24, 2019, 09:14:20 AM
Arriva did that because Telford garage took over the 10/10A/10B services from Wednesdield when it closed.  NX could make it viable as Banga are withdrawing the Saturday service on the 891 which would leave Albrighton and Cosford with no service at all.

I can't see how nay Wolves to Telford service can compete against the train unless it was high frequency (like every 10 mins or so) and clearly that is unviable as there doesn't seem enough passengers to support the current irregular service so no chance with a higher frequency.

Westy

Quote from: j789 on June 24, 2019, 07:37:22 PM
I can't see how nay Wolves to Telford service can compete against the train unless it was high frequency (like every 10 mins or so) and clearly that is unviable as there doesn't seem enough passengers to support the current irregular service so no chance with a higher frequency.

Isnt there something in the paper about a development at Tong?

Pat

Quote from: Westy on June 24, 2019, 10:30:24 PM
Isnt there something in the paper about a development at Tong?
Yes, there's plans to develop 3000 houses there I think.
Quote from: j789 on June 24, 2019, 07:37:22 PM
But what about NX and the 54? If NX can sustain services to Stafford and compete with a regular train service then a Telford service could work. Places like Albrighton and Cosford have trains hourly and a half hourly bus service would possibly be more attractive?

Tony

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on June 25, 2019, 12:07:05 PM
Yes, there's plans to develop 3000 houses there I think.But what about NX and the 54? If NX can sustain services to Stafford and compete with a regular train service then a Telford service could work. Places like Albrighton and Cosford have trains hourly and a half hourly bus service would possibly be more attractive?

The 54 isn't yet sustainable without the subsidy of receives

Westy

Based on the 54, at best, you'd get an hourly service, Monday to Saturday peaks & daytime, interworked with another city route & Daysaver Plus validity.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on June 25, 2019, 09:54:21 PM
Based on the 54, at best, you'd get an hourly service, Monday to Saturday peaks & daytime, interworked with another city route & Daysaver Plus validity.

The 54 is mostly standalone....

Westy

Quote from: Nathan on June 25, 2019, 10:28:17 PM
The 54 is mostly standalone....

Is it?

I thought interworking with another route was one of the reasons it stayed on?

Shame they couldnt do something similar for the 154?

(Correct me if Im wrong, but the only Nx vehicles Cannock sees now are the X51 Platties. No red/white or Crimsons enter Cannock as a rule surely?)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk