News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on June 22, 2017, 10:07:17 PM
You off your rocker mate? They don't know what bus fares are in Camp Hill and Ladywood.

What's with all this anger?

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on June 22, 2017, 10:10:02 PM
He means Camp Hill Island in the Digbeth area, just outside Birmingham City Centre not Camp Hill in Smethwick. @Ashley 60171
Cape Hill is in Smethwick. @2206

Quote from: Jack B on June 22, 2017, 10:29:21 PM
Cape Hill is in Smethwick. @2206
Yes got the name mixed up there sorry, I don't get his post then, to be honest.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on June 22, 2017, 10:32:04 PM
Cape Hill Island is in Digbeth, just outside Birmingham City Centre, the name of the road is also Camp Hill (The place Stu was referring to and the X20 visits).
For goodness sake why are you mocking me?
Cape Hill is SMETHWICK!
Camp Hill is DIGBETH!

Like I said in my previous post Cape Hill is Smethwick. Your original post said Camp Hill was in Smethwick. End of convo

Yes I know the X20 serves Camp Hill!

Quote from: Jack B on June 22, 2017, 10:36:25 PM
For goodness sake why are you mocking me?
Cape Hill is SMETHWICK!
Camp Hill is DIGBETH!

Like I said in my previous post Cape Hill is Smethwick. Your original post said Camp Hill was in Smethwick. End of convo
I wasn't mocking you, I was editing it after clicking post to early by mistake before I properly read your posr my new post is above, posted not long after yours.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on June 22, 2017, 10:39:33 PM
I wasn't mocking you, I was editing it after clicking post to early, my new post is above, posted seconds after yours.
Yes I posted before you edited your post, if you see the times of my post and the edited post...

MW

@Jack B, don't worry, you're not the only one who thinks this guy is lost. I think he's the one who found the weed that the child left on the bus lmfao

Jack

Quote from: MW on June 23, 2017, 12:17:14 AM
@Jack B, don't worry, you're not the only one who thinks this guy is lost. I think he's the one who found the weed that the child left on the bus lmfao
LOL!
He probably rolled it up and took it of the bus!

Jack

Withdraw the whole of the PB 38. The route is a waste of time, just the 96 route doing a loop of The Vale. There's no more than 5 people on them as well. It never seems to run on time. People can easily do a 5 minute walk from Spitfire Island to the High Street, so not much difference, when getting off the 96 and get a 67/71 to the High Street.

Kevin

Quote from: Jack on November 10, 2017, 09:54:18 PM
Withdraw the whole of the PB 38. The route is a waste of time, just the 96 route doing a loop of The Vale. There's no more than 5 people on them as well. It never seems to run on time. People can easily do a 5 minute walk from Spitfire Island to the High Street, so not much difference, when getting off the 96 and get a 67/71 to the High Street.

5 minute walk from Spitfire to High Street????
Mate, I walk fast, like real fast, I'd never manage that!!

I had been thinking about the routes around there myself, best I can suggest really is combining the 71 and 96 from Chelmsley Wood into a single more frequent route up to Spitfire Island and into the Vale, then split say into a 71 to Sutton and 71A to Erdington but both of them more direct
The 38 can then stay as a half hourly service along Holly Lane and through the Vale to Minworth and up to Sutton - almost exactly like the 68a/c used to be  :D :D  :D
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on November 10, 2017, 11:32:58 PM
5 minute walk from Spitfire to High Street????
Mate, I walk fast, like real fast, I'd never manage that!!

I had been thinking about the routes around there myself, best I can suggest really is combining the 71 and 96 from Chelmsley Wood into a single more frequent route up to Spitfire Island and into the Vale, then split say into a 71 to Sutton and 71A to Erdington but both of them more direct
The 38 can then stay as a half hourly service along Holly Lane and through the Vale to Minworth and up to Sutton - almost exactly like the 68a/c used to be  :D :D  :D
The 38 in all fairness is one big waste of time. NX should of it withdrew ages ago. The old 638 was the same. If it was extended to somewhere where it could be reliable and carry more then it would probably work. It's pretty much the 96 just doing a loop of The Vale.

Apologies i was incorrect at the timings of walking to the High Street, it takes about 10-15 minutes, but people can simply wait for the 71 or 67 if they don't want to walk.

Quote from: Jack on November 11, 2017, 09:13:23 AM
The 38 in all fairness is one big waste of time. NX should of it withdrew ages ago. The old 638 was the same. If it was extended to somewhere where it could be reliable and carry more then it would probably work. It's pretty much the 96 just doing a loop of The Vale.

Apologies i was incorrect at the timings of walking to the High Street, it takes about 10-15 minutes, but people can simply wait for the 71 or 67 if they don't want to walk.
I agree it does seem a waste of time. Lots if people can still easily walk it and if they're unable to its easy enough to change onto the 67 and 71 at Spitfire Island. I've never seen more than a few people on it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 11, 2017, 09:23:20 AM
I agree it does seem a waste of time. Lots if people can still easily walk it and if they're unable to its easy enough to change onto the 67 and 71 at Spitfire Island. I've never seen more than a few people on it.
I know a PB driver who drives the 38 (Erdington rota) and says it's pointless. He even said it carries fresh air during the day. I don't think the 38 has ever been a busy route in its life time, going back to the 638. I did enjoy B10's on the 638 though, they were empty so it meant for thrash, sadly those days are long gone.

Lukeee

Quote from: Jack on November 11, 2017, 09:27:41 AM
I know a PB driver who drives the 38 (Erdington rota) and says it's pointless. He even said it carries fresh air during the day. I don't think the 38 has ever been a busy route in its life time, going back to the 638. I did enjoy B10's on the 638 though, they were empty so it meant for thrash, sadly those days are long gone.

Tbh the 38 seems like the sort of route you would expect a smaller operator to run with a solo or dart

Jack

Quote from: Lukeee on November 11, 2017, 10:21:53 PM
Tbh the 38 seems like the sort of route you would expect a smaller operator to run with a solo or dart
You could just a Primo on it! If it didn't interwork with the FD I put the extra E200 on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk