News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: nxplatinum6805 on January 29, 2017, 01:36:16 PM
The Erdington Circular is too infrequent and inconvenient at the moment. Frequency could be improved.
Secondly, the X14 could do the ARR 116 to Birmingham from Minworth
The 66A and 115 were every half hour, if they were well used then it'd probably still be operating at that frequency today.
How do you replace the section between Kingsbury Road, Tyburn Road and Walmley then?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: nxplatinum6805 on January 29, 2017, 01:12:55 PM
I would make the X51>Cannock every 30 mins and 15A/C every 20 mins, remove 38 and send 66 to Castle Vale and go down College Rd and continue normal line of route Revert X4 to Falcon Lodge and send X14 up to Minwort instead.
You can't send the X14 up to Minworth, half of the current route would have to go.

Tony

Quote from: nxplatinum6805 on January 29, 2017, 01:36:16 PM
The Erdington Circular is too infrequent and inconvenient at the moment. Frequency could be improved.
Secondly, the X14 could do the ARR 116 to Birmingham from Minworth

How would all the people on Eachelhurst Road, who currently use the X14 get to work?

Would people from Walmley still want to use it with the extended journey time?

B.C Driver

I would suggest making the 51 route 24 hour.

The 1:02 departure is well used and at the moment the South of the city benefits from a 24h route - 63, the West has the 74, the East has the 97, the North side has nothing.

We are still lacking behind other major cities with 24h routes.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Westy

Quote from: B.C Driver on January 30, 2017, 12:33:52 PM

The 1:02 departure is well used and at the moment the South of the city benefits from a 24h route - 63, the West has the 74, the East has the 97, the North side has nothing.

Would any Walsall drivers want to work overnights?

karl724223

Quote from: Westy on January 30, 2017, 12:58:03 PM
Would any Walsall drivers want to work overnights?
at all garages there are drivers that just do late nights

karl724223

Still a lot of people ask about bus services to kiddiminster from merry hill

sonic84

I think first tried Kidderminster to Merry Hill a few times with the 285 and the 287 routes. Both were too infrequent really to make much impact.

I know at one point you used to be able to buy a train ticket from Kidderminster to Merry Hill and u just showed the driver your ticket at Cradley Heath and it was accepted. Not sure if that is still the case now thou

Kevin

Quote from: B.C Driver on January 30, 2017, 12:33:52 PM

Is something I've been wondering for a while, and how to do it, with the route being over half an hour long....

What I'd suggest is running it every half hour up until half 1 from city, last but one journey returning to city for a half 2 journey etc, with one or two early morning buses doing extra round trips to the same effect
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

karl724223

Quote from: sonic84 on January 30, 2017, 07:10:12 PM
I think first tried Kidderminster to Merry Hill a few times with the 285 and the 287 routes. Both were too infrequent really to make much impact.

I know at one point you used to be able to buy a train ticket from Kidderminster to Merry Hill and u just showed the driver your ticket at Cradley Heath and it was accepted. Not sure if that is still the case now thou
yes they buy a plus bus ticket
That's the trouble nobody has done a frequent reliable service  do the two Stourbridge services still depart five min apart from stour ?

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on January 30, 2017, 09:14:07 PM
yes they buy a plus bus ticket
That's the trouble nobody has done a frequent reliable service  do the two Stourbridge services still depart five min apart from stour ?

I vaguely recollect I think Choice Travel ran a Kidderminster - Merry Hill service on Weekends only, I seem to remember that didn't run frequently either & was soon withdrawn.

Yes, Central Buses 125 & Diamond's 25 are both still running. Diamond could consider extending their 25 through to Merry Hill limited stop to link their Kidderminster & Black Country networks, it would also offer new journey opportunities from both ends. That said, at the same time it would also a least double the Pvr from the current 1 B7RLE & double the operating costs, I guess it depends  whether it would be commercially viable?

nxplatinum6805

Quote from: Tony on January 29, 2017, 01:52:52 PM
How would all the people on Eachelhurst Road, who currently use the X14 get to work?

Would people from Walmley still want to use it with the extended journey time?
Because the 66 goes to Castle Vale send 71 down to Pype Hayes and down to JLR via 28 route amd miss Castle Vale
Sutton Coldfield                                            66

Quote from: nxplatinum6805 on January 30, 2017, 10:20:37 PM
Because the 66 goes to Castle Vale send 71 down to Pype Hayes and down to JLR via 28 route amd miss Castle Vale
So you'd leave all the people who currently use the 71 in Minworth and Castle Vale without a service?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Lukeee

Quote from: nxplatinum6805 on January 30, 2017, 10:20:37 PM

66 to the vale? Believe you mean the 67

the trainbasher

Hansons used to do a 252 Merry Hill - Stourbridge - Norton - Kidderminster on Saturdays/Sundays, 2.5 trips each way.

Midland Red West also did a Dudley - Merry Hill - Stourbridge (- Kidderminster) service, the 234.

Looking at the 25, it is doable to have it have 5 minutes at Stourbridge, run via the old 300 route (as in the Amblecote Road/Ring Road) to Merry Hill, 8 minute drop back, then return with a 5 minute guaranteed connection at Stourbridge.

It would require a extra 1 bus for a hourly service, with a requirement of 2 extra vehicles should it be ran every 20 between Merry Hill and Stourbridge (just slot it 5 minutes before NX)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk