News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: Jack on February 13, 2024, 04:04:37 PMHows that a review if the bus itself?

You're best off making a complaint to NX themselves then to moan on a public forum.
Well you could say it's a review of the incompetence of a WB driver. 
5/51/X51/529

Jack

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on February 13, 2024, 05:41:41 PMWell you could say it's a review of the incompetence of a WB driver.
Yep so not of the bus itself? Maybe the WB garage thread was the best for that.

Tony

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on February 13, 2024, 05:41:41 PMWell you could say it's a review of the incompetence of a WB driver.
Remember there's two sides to each story. This isn't an accusation against yourself, but an almost identical comment was posted on here against a Diamond driver by someone else.

When Diamond checked the video the person was not at the bus stop but stood a few metres in front taking a photo of the bus as it passed.

don

It would be interesting to hear the driver's account. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

How do you know it was 'incompetence'?

Was the bus full?

Could the driver see you signalling him to stop and did you give them enough time to do so?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on February 13, 2024, 07:45:49 PMRemember there's two sides to each story. This isn't an accusation against yourself, but an almost identical comment was posted on here against a Diamond driver by someone else.

When Diamond checked the video the person was not at the bus stop but stood a few metres in front taking a photo of the bus as it passed.
Urm no I was stud in the bus stop, thankyou very much, the driver had not in service displayed on the blinds which me and Simon sorted out. You always have something against me for some reason I have a photo that I was on the bus stop and the driver failed to run a service 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Was the Bus Full May not look it, but he may have felt it was
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

MW

Usually the passenger doesn't clearly signal which is why the bus doesn't stop.

I drove past a few bus stops today where people were stood but nobody indicated that they wanted my bus. Of course as soon as it hit them that I wasn't stopping, they begun to wave erratically.

Happens every day.

Mike K

Quote from: MW on February 13, 2024, 09:22:34 PMUsually the passenger doesn't clearly signal which is why the bus doesn't stop.

I drove past a few bus stops today where people were stood but nobody indicated that they wanted my bus. Of course as soon as it hit them that I wasn't stopping, they begun to wave erratically.

Happens every day.
Are you back driving for NX these days by any chance MW, or am I well wide of the mark? A few of your posts lately have made me wonder this. 

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 13, 2024, 09:19:12 PMWas the Bus Full May not look it, but he may have felt it was
Quote from: MW on February 13, 2024, 09:22:34 PMUsually the passenger doesn't clearly signal which is why the bus doesn't stop.

Happens every day.
The lower deck was almost completely empty.

I had my hand out far enough for the driver to see, nothing unusual of what I do everyday. 

I'm more than happy to leave this situation here though... it could've easily just been a simple misunderstanding. Apologies everyone and goodnight to you all.
5/51/X51/529

MW

Quote from: Mike K on February 13, 2024, 10:11:43 PMAre you back driving for NX these days by any chance MW, or am I well wide of the mark? A few of your posts lately have made me wonder this.

I am indeed

MW

Quote from: Mike K on February 13, 2024, 10:11:43 PMAre you back driving for NX these days by any chance MW, or am I well wide of the mark? A few of your posts lately have made me wonder this.

& Bang, after 2 months handed my notice in..!

Lukeee

MW

Quote from: Lukeee on February 21, 2024, 09:46:14 PMDon't blame you

It was good for nostalgia purposes though. I rate those who have been working there for years and years, fair play to them.

A colleague was called into the office today after 25 years service and awarded with some sort of fountain pen in a case. I told him, "well that made it worthwhile, didn't it?" Pmsl

BlackCountryBusSpotter

As I get the 79 quiet often and the two main types of buses used are E400 Hybrids eventhough most have been Diesel Converted and the E400 Diesels. I have views of both so.
The E400 Hybrids Externally some are very smart some are battered depends on the luck of the draw but overall most are well presented quiet a few have had a clean as the wheels are shiny. 
The E400's ex Coventry Liveried ones are looking Tired now, The Grey Repaints look very smart I must admit I was skeptical of Grey but the E400's suit it really well as to do the B7RLE's. 

Internally the E400 Hybrids a few of them have loose grab rails behind the front seat opposite the driver I have been on several getting off and felt the bar coming loose in my hand they also can be moved back and forth as a result this does mean some have rattly grab rails, a couple have broken or smashed CCTV Screens I haven't reported these as most of the time I don't pay attention to the Fleet Number when I'm on my commute. I'm to Tired or in a rush to notice. I know If I'm on an ex Dundee one as 1 it is usually still Hybrid and 2 the massive Fleet Numbers at the back upper Saloon and downstairs inside and some still say National Express Dundee inside on the NSA. The Yellow and Green is Ok and presentable although I do think it is more hard wearing especially the floor than the Regular E400's. Overall the Decent to travel on. 

The E400's even the ones still in Grey Dot I've always felt that on an E400 is still Presentable obviously you have the attempts at vandalism and wear and tear but I've always thought it looked smart, the new refurbs do make them look even smarter if it wasn't for the fact ADL Released the MMC and the fact it had a normal reg plate and the fact I do know how old they are as a normal passenger I would probably think these are new. 

In terms of the Engine the Hybrids are Decent they do have decent pull even the Diesel ones as to do the E400's, Rattles as mentioned on some Hybrids the loose Grab Rails do rattle quiet a bit and some do like Vibrate on idle. The E400's at there age rattle to but not as badly never noticed a loose grab rail on the E400's myself. 

The Biggest Gripes I have is on the Hybrids there seems to be some sort of Heating/Cooling system on the Upper Saloon as there is on the E400's above the back seats, but on a E400 I've never noticed it being on, on some of the Hybrids I don't know if the Driver turns it on or if it comes on but in the Winter this is absolutely Freezing, On the E400's I think it is warm as I say I don't know what it is. My other biggest gripe is the leg room on the Hybrids, I'm average height for a male 5'10 but I have long legs on Single Deckers I Tend to either sit at the back or near the Emergency Exit or if those seats aren't available I sit with my knees to the side as otherwise they touch and press into the seat in front. On a Double Decker downstairs I sit at the back or again with my knees to the side. On the Platniums I go upstairs and sit anywhere as extra Leg Room. But on the Hybrids Downstairs is fine, but as I'm usually on the 79 for half an hour or more, I tend to go upstairs, now I usually sit on the last row before the back on the left handside I don't know why I just do. Although I do sit at the back if it is available. I think that maybe why I sit where I do usually as the back wasn't available. 

On the Hybrids the legroom is tight on every seat I think at the back on the drivers side there is slightly more legroom, I get this is due to the Batteries or Cooling fans I think, but on the lefthand side last row of Double seats before the back there is a box no idea what it does, it blows air I think warm at My legs mostly, first time I caught a hybrid I had no idea this box existed so I sat in my normal seat and found to have no leg room or foot room at all and so I had to angle my legs away from it to the side, the back also has no leg room, the E400's on this seat have more leg room and the back on both sides but especially the right has loads of leg room. There almost like Platnium levels of room. 

What is this box and why does it need to be there can it be moved because then that seat might actually have more room. Also do the Hybrids have misaligned seats as some Seats have more legroom than others yet the batteries/fans still protrude more into the Saloon but the Drivers side seems to have more leg room upstairs than the Passenger side. I can't help but feel this box plays a factor in that. 

Overall there both decent to travel on but if the 79 was ever returned to Birmingham (It won't I know that) and I was travel the full journey I think I would prefer the E400 as it has better leg room than the Hybrids especially Upstairs where I usually sit. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk