News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Quick question for @Central Buses Just downloaded your new timetable for 142 and noticed the picture of the bus in your livery looks like a Wright Pulsar which you haven't got unless you have some ordered?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

This morning the X16 operating via Junction 5, Castle Vale, A47 and Nechells. Rather its normal line of route via Minworth.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Solo1

X16 was going along  newtown row to night to Tamworth

Kevin

Quote from: Solo1 on May 16, 2017, 11:19:30 PM
X16 was going along  newtown row to night to Tamworth

Any port in a storm, so to speak
Been some creative diversions the last two days I have to say
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 17, 2017, 12:21:27 PM
Long dart on 125

And? They get on the 125 all the time along with the entire Central Buses fleet (apart from deckers).

Adam 404

Central Buses are launching a sale for tickets in Tamworth until August.

John

Just noticed that the 108 operated by Central Buses will run via Penns Lane and through Erdington rather than Eachelhurst Road and Tyburn Road. A big mistake in my opinion as it is very well used down this stretch of road. We didn't pick too many people up on Penns Lane when we ran the 115.

It also looks like it will be a circle service finishing in Erdington, and will serve Lower parade in Sutton too

Adam 404

Central Buses are to operate the S1 service from June.

Kevin

Quote from: John on May 23, 2017, 09:01:22 PM
Just noticed that the 108 operated by Central Buses will run via Penns Lane and through Erdington rather than Eachelhurst Road and Tyburn Road. A big mistake in my opinion as it is very well used down this stretch of road. We didn't pick too many people up on Penns Lane when we ran the 115.

It also looks like it will be a circle service finishing in Erdington, and will serve Lower parade in Sutton too

That looks a very strange route. And i can't imagine anyone travelling from Erdington out to walmley and new Hall that early in the morning

Central Buses are going to operate the S1 Solihull Circular via Damson Wood, every 30 minutes.
http://www.centralbuses.com/news/050617changes/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

This ticket that is valid for Central Buses, Midland Classic,  D&G and Select....
Do Midland Classic actually sell it? Or is it just a Central Buses ticket that's valid on other companies?
I only ask because I found out to my cost this morning that Select Buses don't and kinda ruined my plans for the day lol...

andy41

Quote from: Kevin on May 27, 2017, 09:59:44 AM
This ticket that is valid for Central Buses, Midland Classic,  D&G and Select....
Do Midland Classic actually sell it? Or is it just a Central Buses ticket that's valid on other companies?
I only ask because I found out to my cost this morning that Select Buses don't and kinda ruined my plans for the day lol...

They all sell it. Unfortunately you've probably come across a driver who's never been asked for one or hasn't been briefed, they always exist with any company.

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on May 27, 2017, 09:59:44 AM

Day+:
http://www.midlandclassic.com/fares-and-tickets/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: andy41 on May 27, 2017, 10:15:08 AM
They all sell it. Unfortunately you've probably come across a driver who's never been asked for one or hasn't been briefed, they always exist with any company.

Driver knew it exists, but said he doesn't sell them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk