News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 28, 2017, 08:34:16 PM
There was a 49** on 87 today, which I believe is a regular occurrence?
Yes it is usual. Always has been since 4950 - 4982 were new to WB.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

1953 scania omnilink

Well I have had a number of months to drive most of westbroms fleet of scanias, 1953 does stand out from a drivers point of view,  very smooth to drive all aspects engine gearbox suspension brakes retarder work with perfect balance, I think this had a new gearbox fitted not long back it was either this or 1949 it was on axle stands for ages bits of its Inerds all over the floor. Only let down ticket rattling way spoils the cab environment.

Engine: all good very smooth
Gearbox: as above
Retarder/brakes: as above
Suspension: all good on most roads except the very worst pot holed shit
Cab: all good only let down wayfarer might fly off at any time

Worth an 8/10

Drivers rumour mill in full flow at the moment, early next year 128 will revert to serving blackheath, 129 service withdrawn low patronage  , 120A terminates in Oldbury, 120 to be operated by west brom garage with new electric single deckers , the farm will get the 74E Dudley to West Bromwich.

This is just drivers talking not gospel , thought I,d just put it out there summat to chew on if you like.

ALX400 B7TL VOLVO

Having driven various number of these upgraded add blue conversion examples , I have noticed a remarkable turnaround in performance some absolutely fly now getting to 30mph very sharpish ,4275 was always a slug from new but now it goes , i,m thinking has the  ecu,s been reprogrammed or replaced to work with the new exhaust traps and add blue system . Real shame the interiors are a joke on most of these vehicles.

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on November 15, 2017, 09:34:28 AM
ALX400 B7TL VOLVO

Having driven various number of these upgraded add blue conversion examples , I have noticed a remarkable turnaround in performance some absolutely fly now getting to 30mph very sharpish ,4275 was always a slug from new but now it goes , i,m thinking has the  ecu,s been reprogrammed or replaced to work with the new exhaust traps and add blue system . Real shame the interiors are a joke on most of these vehicles.

4277 is due MoT and all the bad seats have come to Miller Street for a retrim in the original moquette, so that one should be looking a bit better inside

Quote from: Tony on November 15, 2017, 09:45:57 AM
4277 is due MoT and all the bad seats have come to Miller Street for a retrim in the original moquette, so that one should be looking a bit better inside
I guess it's better than dirty thread bare moquette.
Tony how much do these euro 6 exhaust trap conversions cost, I assume it's raised the market value of these vehicles considerably thus extending there service life here.

Dom

Quote from: 2900 on November 15, 2017, 01:15:13 PM
Tony how much do these euro 6 exhaust trap conversions cost, I assume it's raised the market value of these vehicles considerably thus extending there service life here.

To be honest I imagine they'll come in handy when the Solihull emissions zone comes in later in the year and when the Wolverhampton zone comes in next year. 

Jack

Quote from: 2900 on November 15, 2017, 01:15:13 PM
4249 needs one. Especially at the rear downstairs.

cardew

I thought Solihull emission zone is Euro3 from November, so no issue yet and Euro4 from next July?

Clearly some shuffling round is needed for YW and AG at some stage to cope with that.

Jack

Quote from: cardew on November 15, 2017, 03:21:14 PM
I thought Solihull emission zone is Euro3 from November, so no issue yet and Euro4 from next July?

Clearly some shuffling round is needed for YW and AG at some stage to cope with that.
What about Sunny?

Tony

Quote from: Jack on November 15, 2017, 04:49:58 PM
What about Sunny?

What about Sunny?

They have had exactly the same amount of notice as all the other operators that run into Solihull.

All operators have to provide TfWM with a fleetlist showing the euro rating of all their vehicles as proof under normal circumstances they have enough compliant vehicles to meet the rules. If Sunny haven't by the start date then the TC can cancel the service registration.

Stu

Quote from: 2900 on November 15, 2017, 09:25:21 AM
Drivers rumour mill in full flow at the moment, early next year 128 will revert to serving blackheath, 129 service withdrawn low patronage  , 120A terminates in Oldbury, 120 to be operated by west brom garage with new electric single deckers , the farm will get the 74E Dudley to West Bromwich.

This is just drivers talking not gospel , thought I,d just put it out there summat to chew on if you like.

To be honest, I don't know why they didn't just extend the 128 to Blackheath instead of introducing the 120A in the first place - I believe that's what I suggested during the consultation at the time.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Tony on November 15, 2017, 05:41:57 PM
What about Sunny?

They have had exactly the same amount of notice as all the other operators that run into Solihull.

All operators have to provide TfWM with a fleetlist showing the euro rating of all their vehicles as proof under normal circumstances they have enough compliant vehicles to meet the rules. If Sunny haven't by the start date then the TC can cancel the service registration.
Most of there buses are Euro 3 aren't they?
The only one I think isn't compliant is the W reg?
The W reg isn't compliant is it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on November 15, 2017, 07:49:52 PM
Most of there buses are Euro 3 aren't they?
The only one I think isn't compliant is the W reg?
The W reg isn't compliant is it?

Not sure on the W reg one as that was around the changeover from Euro 2 to Euro 3, and their fleet is OK until the middle of next year.

That is when they will need to modify them, replace them or move from Solihull

Quote from: Tony on November 15, 2017, 08:10:10 PM
Not sure on the W reg one as that was around the changeover from Euro 2 to Euro 3, and their fleet is OK until the middle of next year.

That is when they will need to modify them, replace them or move from Solihull
Thanks for the info.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk