News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aSingh

Quote from: 2900 on December 19, 2019, 02:41:19 PM
4916 ADL E40D ENVIRO 400 ecomatic

This wasn't to bad overall,  biggest let down  the crap ZF gearbox occasionally the gears  jolted on changes etc, not to bad on hills ,recent refurb so interior and exterior in excellent order .
Still I,d rather not drive if I could.

BIG PHAT my lovelies  4/10

E40D's are frustrating because of the gearbox. But there are some that drive lovely (like 4967, 4979)
Singh

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: aSingh on December 20, 2019, 03:11:51 PM
E40D's are frustrating because of the gearbox. But there are some that drive lovely (like 4967, 4979)

I'm no driver but I'd probably be right in saying that you'd find the Topodyn software equipped ones much better. I've not come across any at WB but there's a fair few at BC which rev higher than normal. Really makes the difference on the hills anyway

Jack

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on December 20, 2019, 07:05:21 PM
I'm no driver but I'd probably be right in saying that you'd find the Topodyn software equipped ones much better. I've not come across any at WB but there's a fair few at BC which rev higher than normal. Really makes the difference on the hills anyway
The 61 plates will always be the best ones. A high number of them rev a lot higher than the newer batches!

aSingh

WB 6989 - excellent bus just 2 problems. 4 times when coming to a stop at bus stop, bus turns off as usual but then wouldn't start up (I swear I followed the normal preceadure) so then had to manually start it up. Then later when coming to the end of City Road, all the cab lights and above door light start flickering on and off for about 10 seconds, then same thing happened again when I got into city. Strange bus.
Singh

Trident 4194

Quote from: aSingh on December 23, 2019, 12:57:00 AM
WB 6989 - excellent bus just 2 problems. 4 times when coming to a stop at bus stop, bus turns off as usual but then wouldn't start up (I swear I followed the normal preceadure) so then had to manually start it up. Then later when coming to the end of City Road, all the cab lights and above door light start flickering on and off for about 10 seconds, then same thing happened again when I got into city. Strange bus.

Both those issues have happened before on a BC platinum x22.

John

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 23, 2019, 09:08:41 AM

Both those issues have happened before on a BC platinum x22.

Happens on a lot of ours

Quote from: aSingh on December 23, 2019, 12:57:00 AM
Some of westbroms platinums do strange things I don't even notice any more just restart them and carry on. I really do wonder how much fuel is saved at bus stops when you literally just open and shut the doors in seconds.

The platinum experience when I,m not thinking about what  I,m driving the journeys just past by very unremarkablely, I still hate the door/handbrake /brake pedal setup, when you get the timing wrong it's a pain to  start over again, so annoying.

4757 ADL enviro 400 Trident chassis

One the better ones at west brom a great all rounder lots of power and the kick down still works bonus, brakes retarder very well balanced , gear changes with no drama.
Suspension is appalling on the hagley rd really can't damp out any of numerous problems on this road.
Only one annoying problem the salloon doors sticks on closing then you get the thump at times you think what the hell.
Interior could with a deep clean.

Yeah well worth 8/10 for the way it drives.

Drunks in Oldbury relief point.

This has started to become an issue over the past recent months we have one Irish chap when he is sober great guy after one to many just an arsehole, many months a go he pushed driver then knocked his hat off , next he slapped a female passenger she didn't create a fuss just wanted to get home, driver called for police , I was the bus behind I came off for relief I clocked the drunk he tried to board I said no chance you boarding this bus, he swung for me I just put him down , I told the relief driver shut the doors and go.
I had another drunk who got cross with me the other week because I had no relief driver , he refused to board the next bus , he wanted my bus to continue he shoved me I threw him into the bus shelter he made lots of racist remarks few moments later Sandwell civic officers turn up then 4 pcso officers and finally 2 police officers, a young female and her young son made the call , she made a complaint and statement about the drunk, officer turned to me we would like a statement  from you as well, I said is it worth my time you are gona do anything, officer said we,ve arrested the drunk and charged him I think, me ok let's go.
Oldbury pcso,s really took good care of me put in there mess room put the  tv on, gave me a drink, even a plate of chips, all good.
The officers were saying you drivers got no safety it's appalling. We have stab vests body cams.
Oldbury bus shelter is our safety, thanks NX

Then we have another persistent drunk who goes mad when buses run late on the 13 from Oldbury to moat farm junior school 1846  departure time, he,ll come over to the non assigned stop and start his rant I,ve been waiting an hour etc which is all lies , I try my best to ignore him but when trying to get to McDonald's to use toilet facilities its most annoying.
Time and time again certain Joe public thinks it's ok to harrass drivers.

the trainbasher

Quote from: 2900 on December 23, 2019, 11:14:08 AM
Drunks in Oldbury relief point.

This has started to become an issue over the past recent months we have one Irish chap when he is sober great guy after one to many just an arsehole, many months a go he pushed driver then knocked his hat off , next he slapped a female passenger she didn't create a fuss just wanted to get home, driver called for police , I was the bus behind I came off for relief I clocked the drunk he tried to board I said no chance you boarding this bus, he swung for me I just put him down , I told the relief driver shut the doors and go.
I had another drunk who got cross with me the other week because I had no relief driver , he refused to board the next bus , he wanted my bus to continue he shoved me I threw him into the bus shelter he made lots of racist remarks few moments later Sandwell civic officers turn up then 4 pcso officers and finally 2 police officers, a young female and her young son made the call , she made a complaint and statement about the drunk, officer turned to me we would like a statement  from you as well, I said is it worth my time you are gona do anything, officer said we,ve arrested the drunk and charged him I think, me ok let's go.
Oldbury pcso,s really took good care of me put in there mess room put the  tv on, gave me a drink, even a plate of chips, all good.
The officers were saying you drivers got no safety it's appalling. We have stab vests body cams.
Oldbury bus shelter is our safety, thanks NX

Then we have another persistent drunk who goes mad when buses run late on the 13 from Oldbury to moat farm junior school 1846  departure time, he,ll come over to the non assigned stop and start his rant I,ve been waiting an hour etc which is all lies , I try my best to ignore him but when trying to get to McDonald's to use toilet facilities its most annoying.
Time and time again certain Joe public thinks it's ok to harrass drivers.

Really the Union ought to be raising it with NX as well as at the end of the day, it's you and your fellow drivers who are at the business end of it all. Even if it means a bus strike until NX can negotiate access to a secure place for drivers to spend their breaks.

Of course NX care more about the profits than the safety/employment of their staff after reading your post.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 23, 2019, 12:39:34 PM
Really the Union ought to be raising it with NX as well as at the end of the day, it's you and your fellow drivers who are at the business end of it all. Even if it means a bus strike until NX can negotiate access to a secure place for drivers to spend their breaks.

Of course NX care more about the profits than the safety/employment of their staff after reading your post.
[/quote
Omg UNITE THE UNION IS USELESS, we at west brom label them the useless Union the chuckle brothers at west brom got voted in on promises that oldbury relief point  would be getting a restroom etc etc, they delivered sod all.
The chairman can't even answer basic SSP questions
I and good deal of other drivers quit the UNITE Union and joined RMT I have had more useful advice in 5 minutes from them than in 20 years of unite.

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 23, 2019, 12:39:34 PM

Omg UNITE THE UNION IS USELESS, we at west brom label them the useless Union the chuckle brothers at west brom got voted in on promises that oldbury relief point  would be getting a restroom etc etc, they delivered sod all.
I and good deal of other drivers quit the UNITE Union and joined RMT I have had more useful advice in 5 minutes from them than in 20 years of unite.

Imo private companies shouldn't be running public services , big multinationals have dividends and share holders to satisfy, may be tram going back into public hands is the start of things.

the trainbasher

Quote from: 2900 on December 23, 2019, 03:01:54 PM

I know how it feels with the uselessness of Unite. They took over my union a couple of years ago and the Unite rep who replaced my previous union rep doesn't even respond to emails. I was tempted to move to Unison (but their rep for my section is next to useless at his main job, let alone his union work.).

At least you've got a decent general secretary and reps who ain't afraid to ballot now.

I've noticed quite a few bus drivers have moved to RMT from Unite on various forums and they've said the reps were better.

Anyway, on with the struggle comrade.

Quote from: 2900 on December 23, 2019, 03:07:44 PM
Imo private companies shouldn't be running public services , big multinationals have dividends and share holders to satisfy, may be tram going back into public hands is the start of things.

My thoughts exactly!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Lukeee

PB 4490, had this today and was easily one of the best Geminis I've driven, good brakes (retarder isn't to hard like on some of this batch) and picks up speed nice, would happily take these over a platinum anyday

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk