News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauren1993

Quote from: 2900 on January 08, 2019, 09:59:07 AM
Since Jan 1st on the Dudley rd services there's been a huge rise in fraudulent travel it's unreal some evenings i,m thinking what's the point of this bus being on the road to only serve thieves , by that I mean any one using a service which they have not paid for is THEFT.
The smart fone has become a joke screen resolution turned down, battery died, cracked screen , screen shot tickets etc etc , swift card expired big red warning light on, oh driver card says valid till 2021 I explain photo I.d valid till then but the ticket on your card has expired.
ITS ONE BIG JOKE, we drivers like every law abiding citizen pay our way in the world , it's very frustrating to see every day the mis use.
Short hop fare over riding is a joke too, you can't challenge this level of mis use otherwise you would never complete a journey.
Rant over
What about concessionairy passholders? IMO they're worse than the fare evading passengers and are also thieves then. The biggest ones of them all.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

B.C Driver

4148 - First time I've drove this for a good while.
Hardly any rattles, smooth, fairly good acceleration, warm heaters. Hard to fault. Soon to be withdrawn, but a lot more life in it yet in my opinion.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Quote from: lauren1993 on January 08, 2019, 10:10:16 PM
What about concessionairy passholders? IMO they're worse than the fare evading passengers and are also thieves then. The biggest ones of them all.
At least they don't go up to the back of the top deck and simply start smoking or being a nuicance for everyone else onboard... Its not a free service, the majority of other people onboard have payed the fare, so I personally don't see any reason why these idiots, who try to get a free ride, should be any different, if you can't pay the fare then you are not being forced to get on the bus and you can walk.

I'd disagree to be honest. The company still get paid when they are scanned as well I believe.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

lauren1993

Quote from: 2206 on January 08, 2019, 10:13:26 PM
At least they don't go up to the back of the top deck and simply start being a nuicance for everyone else onboard...
I'd disagree to be honest. The company still get paid when they are scanned as well I believe.
Yes but he clearly said which THEY have not paid for, which they haven't. It's paid for by the taxpayer and albeit a lot less reinbursement which consequently means the company suffers due to this as they get paid far less than they would've by a fare paying passenger that could've had that seat!
And how would you know they don't cause trouble and sit at the back of the top deck?
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

V89MOA

What a disgusting thing to say, so somebody who cannot drive because they are blind is just after the free travel? Have a word with yourself...

Quote from: V89MOA on January 08, 2019, 10:19:55 PM
What a disgusting thing to say, so somebody who cannot drive because they are blind is just after the free travel? Have a word with yourself...
I agree.
Its hardly comparable with these idiots in my opinion.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

lauren1993

Quote from: V89MOA on January 08, 2019, 10:19:55 PM
Someone that can't drive should still pay and someone that can drive but doesn't still has to pay, and people that are blind get plenty of money to live off anyway, and people that drive have to pay for fuel, tax, MOT, and you can't just choose not to drive to get free travel. So why should a blind person be treated any differently as afferall equality act and all that! Completely contradictory.
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Tony

Quote from: lauren1993 on January 08, 2019, 10:22:18 PM
Someone that can't drive should still pay and someone that can drive but doesn't still has to pay, and people that are blind get plenty of money to live off anyway, and people that drive have to pay for fuel, tax, MOT, and you can't just choose not to drive to get free travel. So why should a blind person be treated any differently as afferall equality act and all that! Completely contradictory.

So you have the same attitude to the blind as your disgusting attitude to someone with cancer, I don't want that type of person on here so you will be removed

Trident 4194

Most OAPs give more than enough in taxes throughout their life anyway. And to say they go and smoke upstairs, wow!

DJ

OAPs have most likely worked all their lives and been left with a small pension to live off, do you really think they should be paying for the bus, despite that? Try and show some respect, your views are disgusting. What's wrong with having more people getting free or cheaper travel compared to a car anyway? Cars are inefficient and worse for the environment than a bus overall, it'd be a lot better if even more people were to use public transport. I don't see why you should care what anyone else has paid anyway, it's not like it's affecting you.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Oh wow,re you really attacking the pensioners and disabled for having a free pass , I would say vast majority have worked all there lives paid national insurance contributions and various other taxes and now have the right to have that concessionairy pass ,many fought in wars for this country have you forgotten, we live in a civilised society while not 100% perfect takes care of the disabled and the vulnerable , by giving the elderly free travel it's making the roads safer  we,ve all seen and read those stories of the pensioner driving the wrong way down a road etc.
Lauren1993 come 65 you won't be wanting your free pass then I take it. It strikes me you have a very narrow minded view of the world I could be wrong.

B.C Driver

Another thing with OAPs is that when they scan, the company is guaranteed money, unlike some other passengers...
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

4967 ADL ENVIRO 400 E40D

This particular 4900 surprised me greatly in every department except one front suspension can't deal with bumps. To drive its just great smooth and quick to 30mph  flies up hills makes very short work of the steepest hills around Warley, hardly any rattling to.

Engine : great shape pulls strong and hard
Gearbox: all good smooth up and down the gears
Retarder: nicely balanced
Suspension: usual front suspension issues
Body/interior: mostly still in decent condition

Overall it's worth 9/10

All 4900s should be like this , Tony good candiate for heritage livery 😀😄

1933 scania omnilink

Seriously nice bus to drive one of nicest at west brom, it's got pace and grace as they say, really helped my duty just fly by, hard to fault this from drivers point of view. IMO it stands out from the others at west brom it's just better in every dept.

Engine: all good smooth pulls strongly
Gearbox: all good smooth up and down the box
Retarder: nicely balanced
Brakes: as above
Bodywork/interior: still in decent condition

Overall I  give it 9/10

4525 wrightbus gemni VOLVO B7TL refurbed Crimson euro 6 conversion

Real mixed bag this one engine still good and strong flies to 30mph, gearbox is just hopeless it surges up the gearbox and jerks on the way down , not to much rattling or heavy vibrations unlike 4677
Despite the gearbox issues still good to drive the small steering wheel helps

Engine: all good pulls strong
Gearbox: hopeless
Retarder: could be better
Brakes: generally ok could be better feels vague to me
Bodywork/interior : still in decent condition

Overall it's worth 5/10 Gearbox big let down

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk