News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

May as well start a topic for Telford garage

I'm told members on the scrap line there include 2632 2633 and 2638

John

What route does the lone DAF decker at Telford run on? Or is at Telford mainly for a school route?

Ashley

Quote from: John on April 06, 2014, 03:08:45 PM
What route does the lone DAF decker at Telford run on? Or is at Telford mainly for a school route?

Mostly on the staff shuttle so a photo 4787 is still easy enough to attain

Bob

Bit of a waste of a decker?  Couldnt they use a dart or b6 for a staff shuttle

Ashley

Possibly a bit wasteful given the staff bus st Stafford is an 8 seat LDV Convoy. However if TF kept it, they could only really use it on the 44 as that is the only route where the patronage would meet the needs of a decker and the lack of trees but that's just an idea

Bob

Are none of telfords routes very busy then? Cannocks cant be particularly either cos eg tamworth got a load of nice heavyweight Citaros for LOCAL routes and Cannock get cheap to run lightweight crap sb200's for interurban use! As do Telford with the 481. Although they oddly received about three Citaros. The 57 plates on the Staffords sound knackered now and the seats absolutely stink on them

karl724223

I've been reliably informed the 44 goes under a 13 foot 6 inch bridge in oakengates if the daf decker is a foot higher bit of a problem ay there

Ashley

In that case it can't go on the 44. So the best solution would be send it to Leicester.

As for Pulsar's, maybe they are on long distance routes but they're more up to the job than the Versa's which are the worst bus ever. As for Citaro's, you see those every day on Birmingham routes although I have pondered why a random b atch of Citaro's and more Pulsar's. I like both so I'm not fussed

Bob

Versa's arent brilliant agreed but on a lomg journey like an 891 theyre much quieter than pulsars. Theyre horrendously noisy and chronically underpowered. 

Ashley

Underpowered maybe so but they said that about B6's. A lack of power is now seemingly common amidst plastic modern buses but you just have to get used to all those factors and either quit complaining about it or we all just give up the hobby.  Like I said I'd have a Pulsar over anything currently in production

Bob

Youd rather have a Pulsar over a B7RLE or a Citaro? Both of them are majorly superior buses.

Ashley

Yes I would :) the lack of power gives them a personality, the interiors are a much nicer place to be (bright and comfortable). Bad taste I know

Bob

Lol have you been on cannocks route 1 sb200's? They got severe lack of power mixed with knackered engines and gearboxes with threadbare interiors thrown in ahaha. Imagine the unloved tired old sister of telfords two commanders and youll get the general drift :-p

andy

Ah here we are, a new Arriva thread and not even 2 pages old before Bob gets his favourite word in....anybody guess??

arrivaaston

Telford have the decker for a school/college contract they operate so when morning trip is complete it will spend the day on the staff shuttle, Telford have also had some Y/UON daf cadets return from shrewsbury, 2635/41 left Telford and are working out of Cannock

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk