News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Redditch

Started by jc, June 06, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

I wonder how 30160-30164 are doing in their new homes.

Trident 4194

Any idea if the 2 deckers should be on the 247 this week? @Simon Dunn

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 07, 2021, 08:01:19 AM
Any idea if the 2 deckers should be on the 247 this week? @Simon Dunn

One is operating.  One is on MOT preperation

Simon

fleetline6477

According to bus times today Gemini 40626 went across to Walsall to operate just the 1355 30 minute round trip on route 36, that's alot of dead mileage!!
All other 36 journeys operated by Mellors.

DJ

Quote from: fleetline6477 on January 23, 2022, 10:08:56 PM
According to bus times today Gemini 40626 went across to Walsall to operate just the 1355 30 minute round trip on route 36, that's alot of dead mileage!!
All other 36 journeys operated by Mellors.

I can guarantee it didn't actually operate it. It's more than likely just a Mellor tracking as the wrong thing, otherwise it'd end up as a single decker as soon as it left Bradford Place!

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

the trainbasher

Quote from: DJ on January 23, 2022, 11:09:57 PM
I can guarantee it didn't actually operate it. It's more than likely just a Mellor tracking as the wrong thing, otherwise it'd end up as a single decker as soon as it left Bradford Place!

Could have had a Diamond Open Top Brum Tour bus then 😀

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Where was 40625 off to? I saw it heading North on the M5 behind a tow truck today

Steveminor

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on February 25, 2022, 11:20:34 PM
At a guess I'd say up north 😂

It was by J1 so could have gone onto the M6 south!

Solo1

Quote from: Tony on February 23, 2022, 08:30:46 PM
Where was 40625 off to? I saw it heading North on the M5 behind a tow truck today
I  understand its gone away for some contract work to be undertaken. this was on a post on facebook

Michael Bevan

32231 has a red nose vinyl on the front for Red Nose Day.

Sandy Lane

30122 was on the 87 Solihull - Coventry this afternoon

tank90

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/diamond-midlands-review/

Looks like Redditch is having major cuts to its bus network  :undecided:
Shame as if the fares and the services had been reliable enough people would have used them.
Wonder if any other company takes any of them up as the 247 could have been more profitable when the 67 is withdrawn.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Justin Tyme

Quote from: tank90 on June 16, 2022, 09:50:18 PMhttps://www.diamondbuses.com/news/diamond-midlands-review/

Shame as if the fares and the services had been reliable enough people would have used them.
Wonder if any other company takes any of them up as the 247 could have been more profitable when the 67 is withdrawn.

Unfortunately we are going to see this happen across the West Midlands and the rest of the country around that time, as Covid funding comes to an end.  While there may be exceptions, it seems doubtful that other operators will step in to take any of them on commercially.  The big question now is: how much will the county councils try to save through funding?

In the case of the 247, I imagine usage was affected several years ago when Stagecoach improved what are now X19 (Redditch - Alcester section) and X18 (Bidford - Evesham section).

MasterPlan

Quote from: tank90 on June 16, 2022, 09:50:18 PMhttps://www.diamondbuses.com/news/diamond-midlands-review/

Thats pretty good communication to passengers though. I've never seen potential changes outlined like that before.

I can only comment on the section I see but I'm not surprised regarding the 002.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk