News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Redditch

Started by jc, June 06, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: DMCL on May 20, 2021, 11:53:41 AM
I see Mercedes Sprinter 45s 20987 and 20988 have been transferred from Stanwell to Redditch.
Does anyone know how they are being used?

They're for contract services, such as the National Grid one in Leamington Spa, from what I understand.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

winston

Quote from: DJ on May 20, 2021, 03:59:45 PM
They're for contract services, such as the National Grid one in Leamington Spa, from what I understand.

I understand they're actually for a new Bromsgrove demand responsive service

DJ

Quote from: Winston on May 20, 2021, 05:10:20 PM
I understand they're actually for a new Bromsgrove demand responsive service

That's news to me!

D10

This is the new service I think:

https://www.bromsgroveadvertiser.co.uk/news/19169379.on-demand-public-transport-service-launch-bromsgrove/

Despite the article indicating that the service would launch in April, I don't think it has, unless it's been a very low-key launch!

winston

Quote from: D10 on May 20, 2021, 08:37:02 PM
This is the new service I think:

https://www.bromsgroveadvertiser.co.uk/news/19169379.on-demand-public-transport-service-launch-bromsgrove/

Despite the article indicating that the service would launch in April, I don't think it has, unless it's been a very low-key launch!

Yes that's the one & I don't believe it has started yet.

Quote from: DJ on May 20, 2021, 07:47:47 PM
That's news to me!

The National Grid contract finished in April, it may return under Stagecoach operation in June

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: D10 on May 20, 2021, 08:37:02 PM
Depite the article indicating that the service would launch in April, I don't think it has, unless it's been a very low-key launch!
No sightings so far . . . . .

DJ

Quote from: Winston on May 20, 2021, 09:01:46 PMThe National Grid contract finished in April, it may return under Stagecoach operation in June

Ah right, I'll take it off the blind database then!

Michael Bevan

B9TL 40626 is on Wolverhampton to Stafford Rail Replacement this afternoon.

Tony

20988 on the 50 this morning, so presumably on the 34 now

Trident 4194

30408 showing as withdrawn on Tony fleet list but running the 247 on bus times. Any idea? @Simon Dunn

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 15, 2021, 10:45:48 PM
30408 showing as withdrawn on Tony fleet list but running the 247 on bus times. Any idea? @Simon Dunn

The vehicle has been sold.  Therefore I would imagine the ticket machine fleet number hasn't been updated

SoggyDudes

Was it sold in the 24 hours? We went to Redditch yesterday (15th) and the bus running was as expected. Did see the cadet thing being dragged away while waiting but didnt get a photo.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: SoggyDudes on October 16, 2021, 09:55:57 PM
Was it sold in the 24 hours? We went to Redditch yesterday (15th) and the bus running was as expected. Did see the cadet thing being dragged away while waiting but didnt get a photo.

Yes - we are awaiting payment.  However, as far as we are concerned the bus has been removed from service and we are awaiting payment

SoggyDudes

Are we allowed to know who is going to buy it?

DJ

Quote from: SoggyDudes on October 18, 2021, 11:10:24 AM
Are we allowed to know who is going to buy it?

I believe that would be confidential, unless the purchaser wishes to make themselves known. It could easily be another company purchasing it too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk