News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Redditch

Started by jc, June 06, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

The 1 Coventry route is transferring to NXC from 12 April.
https://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/service-updates/

Just like the X30 did last year. The X30 was interesting as NXC could not run to the clock face timings just like Diamond so they thinned it out 3 months later. Should it have been re-tendered me questions?

So Diamond's in Coventry are getting less and less unless there are other plans?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Sandy Lane on March 22, 2020, 09:41:02 AM
The 1 Coventry route is transferring to NXC from 12 April.
https://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/service-updates/

Just like the X30 did last year. The X30 was interesting as NXC could not run to the clock face timings just like Diamond so they thinned it out 3 months later. Should it have been re-tendered me questions?

So Diamond's in Coventry are getting less and less unless there are other plans?

As far as I'm aware they have no plans for coventry. I don't think they run any other services in Coventry. The 1 is the last Diamond service in Coventry. Also this is a re-terdered service as far as I know. The tenders for service don't always finish on the last week of April or October. It just depends on when the service was register as a terdered service to when the tender is to be renewed.

Trident 4194

Busboy105

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 22, 2020, 04:32:14 PM
As far as I'm aware they have no plans for coventry. I don't think they run any other services in Coventry. The 1 is the last Diamond service in Coventry. Also this is a re-terdered service as far as I know. The tenders for service don't always finish on the last week of April or October. It just depends on when the service was register as a terdered service to when the tender is to be renewed.
You're right. Diamond doesn't have any other services in Coventry anymore. It's pretty hard to make a new service in Coventry; all the main corridors are taken by NXC and Stagecoach. Coventry in itself isn't a attractive place; The IKEA there is shutting down in the summer.

winston

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 22, 2020, 06:36:08 PM
You're right. Diamond doesn't have any other services in Coventry anymore. It's pretty hard to make a new service in Coventry; all the main corridors are taken by NXC and Stagecoach. Coventry in itself isn't a attractive place; The IKEA there is shutting down in the summer.

You're both wrong, they still have the 42 operating in to Coventry:
https://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/bus-services/42-coventry/

Quote from: Winston on March 22, 2020, 08:51:37 PM
And the 89 from Solihull to Coventry @Winston.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

paulb1973

Current Diamond 42 route which they took over from Johnson's on 24th Feb 2019 (NXC have also operated this service previously)..

Route 42 towards Brownshill Green:
Pool Meadow Bus Station, Fairfax Street, Trinity Street, Ironmonger Row, Cross Cheaping, The Burges, Corporation Street, Upper Well Street, Ringway Hill Cross, Holyhead Road, Moseley Avenue, Poole Road, Christchurch Road, Scots Lane, Holloway Field, Scots Lane, Duncroft Avenue, Norman Place Road, Birchfield Road, Eversleigh Road, Overslade Crescent, Mapleton Road, Birchfield Road, Brownshill Green Road, Wall Hill Road, Hawkes Mill Lane, Browns Lane.

Route 42 towards Coventry:
Browns Lane, Hawkes Mill Lane, Wall Hill Road, Brownshill Green Road, Norman Place Road, Duncroft Avenue, Scots Lane, Holloway Field, Scots Lane, Christchurch Road, Poole Road, Moseley Avenue, Holyhead Road, Ringway Hill Cross, Upper Well Street, Corporation Street, Hales Street, Fairfax Street, Priory Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station.

The inbound route differing from the outbound by avoiding the Overslade Crescent area.

Bus Man K2

Sirry @Winston your quite right Diamond still do have the less frequent 89 and also the 42. I forgot about thouse two services. I wonder how long they'll last though. I wouldn't be suplrised if NXC are planning to take the 42 over so that'll just leave the 89 with Diamond.

20014 and 20745 are operating the 28A today.
On its last day of operation by Diamond Redditch.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

DMCL

On the latest Fleet Changes 32217 (SO65 LRU Wright Streetlite DF) is shown as withdrawn.
Does anyone know what has happened to this vehicle?

Tony

Quote from: DMCL on May 15, 2020, 08:12:16 PM
On the latest Fleet Changes 32217 (SO65 LRU Wright Streetlite DF) is shown as withdrawn.

Marked as 'under repair' so will be back

DMCL

Quote from: Tony on May 15, 2020, 08:26:09 PM
Marked as 'under repair' so will be back
Thank you very much Tony.
David

winston

Quote from: DMCL on May 15, 2020, 08:12:16 PM

A truck went in to the side of it midway along the nearside, the impact has buckled the body structure.

CL

B9TL 40625 has returned to DBNW -
(not mine)

Quote from: Tony on May 19, 2020, 09:21:19 PM
Listed on the fleet changes I posted last week
Apologies; must've missed it!  :-[
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on May 19, 2020, 09:18:41 PM
B9TL 40625 has returned to DBNW -
(not mine)

Listed on the fleet changes I posted last week