News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Redditch

Started by jc, June 06, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Winston on August 03, 2019, 10:15:28 PM
I thought that one was buried inside Church Road?

On paper it might have been at Redditch but the physical bus wasn't.

DMCL

The 1st August Fleet Changes section of the website shows 30405 (YJ61 CHK) Optare Versa as a transfer from Redditch to Bolton. This morning it was working in Redditch so it looks as if the transfer hasn't happened (yet).

Dylanbusboy45

Reports on a Facebook group show that B9TL 40625 in new livery has moved from Bolton to Redditch. Presumably this is a replacement for Trident 40544, for the school working it did, as that is now parked up at Tividale I understand.

Citaro 30030 has moved the other way from Redditch to Bolton, and is already in base new brighter diamond livery

BN

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on August 31, 2019, 06:13:32 PM
Reports on a Facebook group show that B9TL 40625 in new livery has moved from Bolton to Redditch. Presumably this is a replacement for Trident 40544, for the school working it did, as that is now parked up at Tividale I understand.

Citaro 30030 has moved the other way from Redditch to Bolton, and is already in base new brighter diamond livery
Would a newly refurbed 14 reg DD be sat in Redditch for a school run?
I would have thought, pinch a Trident or DAF from Preston, something a bit older.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: BN on September 01, 2019, 08:38:24 AM
Would a newly refurbed 14 reg DD be sat in Redditch for a school run?
I would have thought, pinch a Trident or DAF from Preston, something a bit older.

Apparently so. Does seem a bit strange to use something so new, but it has been mentioned that it will be used on the 247 to Evesham, which now has a school journey replacing the 301 which the Trident did.

willr7

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on September 01, 2019, 10:22:08 AM
Apparently so. Does seem a bit strange to use something so new, but it has been mentioned that it will be used on the 247 to Evesham, which now has a school journey replacing the 301 which the Trident did.

It also seemed to be a bit of an odd one to go to Bolton in the first place as there will be no other B9TLs there (once the 4 on loan from First are returned) If it is to be kept at Redditch I hope they replace the green diamond stickers quickly!

40625 attended the On The Buses event at Severn Valley Railway, Bewdley today and has been operating shuttles from Bewdley to Stourport.
It still had green diamond vinyls today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

D10

Quote from: 2206 on September 01, 2019, 06:09:45 PM
40625 attended the On The Buses event at Severn Valley Railway, Bewdley today and has been operating shuttles from Bewdley to Stourport.

And still had North West legal lettering too, which needs to be changed!

winston

Quote from: D10 on September 01, 2019, 08:56:08 PM
And still had North West legal lettering too, which needs to be changed!

It only came down from Bolton yesterday afternoon.

mikestone

Quote from: 2206 on September 01, 2019, 06:09:45 PM
I doubt if  there is one per cent of their customers in Redditch who know there are different version - I had to look at photos before I knew what was being alluded to.

DMCL

The October 2019 "Fleet Changes" section of the website shows 30897 (AE06 ZBR) Dennis Dart SLF/Alexander as a transfer from Redditch to Tividale.
It is still operating in Redditch. This afternoon it was on the 70.

the trainbasher

Quote from: DMCL on November 15, 2019, 05:06:17 PM
The October 2019 "Fleet Changes" section of the website shows 30897 (AE06 ZBR) Dennis Dart SLF/Alexander as a transfer from Redditch to Tividale.
It is still operating in Redditch. This afternoon it was on the 70.

It may have transferred on paper which is why maybe Tony changed it there, but hasn't physically moved

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Jack

30880 is on the 4H.
Has this transferred back to Tividale or just a loan?

DMCL

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 15, 2019, 07:29:29 PM
It may have transferred on paper which is why maybe Tony changed it there, but hasn't physically moved

30897 (AE06 ZBR) is still regularly operating in Redditch. Another Tividale bus - 20541 (KS03 EXM) Optare Solo - was on the 70 in Redditch yesterday and in service again in Redditch today.

Trident 4194

Quote from: DMCL on December 20, 2019, 05:02:18 PM
30897 (AE06 ZBR) is still regularly operating in Redditch. Another Tividale bus - 20541 (KS03 EXM) Optare Solo - was on the 70 in Redditch yesterday and in service again in Redditch today.

20541 what a great little bus. Getting near the end of its life I imagine unfortunately

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk