News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Tony on November 05, 2018, 02:52:11 PM
Another stupid Ray Stenning idea? What's wrong with just the standard First livery for the none route branded ones so they don't look out of place used elsewhere?

I know it's daft, standard First Wyvern livery would have been perfectly fine & at least passengers wouldn't have to look twice to check it was a First bus. The Nimrod 35 livery is really smart though.

Ray's getting greedy, he's billed Transdev & First for exactly the same spare bus livery....

PointerDart

Why go through all the effort of giving it lettering saying it's a spare bus? Just don't bother with it - just keep the colours. It looks absolutely stupid like that.

AdamH

Today at Worcester showing the 3 different liverys used on the Mercedes...

http://adam.legacypic.uk/tw2.png

B61 ANDREW

Interesting picture , still not sure about the "spare bus" concept though.  :o

Solo1

Photo on Facebook of 2 more mercs coming on Monday on a low loaders

Kevin

I mean, the concept of buses being in a "spare" livery kinda works, but only if every route has its own livery, which isn't the case with Worcester because of course there's the standard First livery...
In this case, the buses are only "spare" for that one route and you can guarantee that normal First livery vehicles will end up on there
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

the trainbasher

Quote from: Kevin on November 18, 2018, 08:33:44 PM
I mean, the concept of buses being in a "spare" livery kinda works, but only if every route has its own livery, which isn't the case with Worcester because of course there's the standard First livery...
In this case, the buses are only "spare" for that one route and you can guarantee that normal First livery vehicles will end up on there

The thing is, with the Salt Road also being branded, could that spare livery Merc be put on there if need in a worst case.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

DJ

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 19, 2018, 12:54:43 AM
The thing is, with the Salt Road also being branded, could that spare livery Merc be put on there if need in a worst case.

Does it comply with the Euro rules in Birmingham though?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Kevin

Quote from: StourValley98 on November 19, 2018, 01:22:51 AM
Does it comply with the Euro rules in Birmingham though?

Does it need to? Only half hourly in Brum
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 19, 2018, 12:54:43 AM

Streetlites do still appear on the 144 occasionally

B61 ANDREW

With two Citaro's arriving on the 19th the outstanding balance is now just two. Not sure when they get out on service but driver familiarisation is on-going.

Solo1

Is there any updates to the mercs been in service thanks

j789

Quote from: Solo1 on December 03, 2018, 10:23:23 PM
Is there any updates to the mercs been in service thanks

The first couple have been in service from Saturday according to a colleague. I wasn't working this weekend so I'm unsure of which fleet numbers they were.

B61 ANDREW

64016 , 64018 and 64012 are mentioned on MidlandRed.net as being available for service.  ;D

Solo1

When will the other mercs be out on the rd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk