News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond East Midlands (formerly Midland Classic)

Started by bahumbug, May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busfan2847

Quote from: Solo1 on April 26, 2016, 03:17:47 PM
how near to the old Stevenson depot /arriva depot is the new operating centre
According to the article in the Burton Mail it is the Arriva depot

Solo1

I wonder if midland classic has dented the profit at Arriva Burton &that's the reason for the sale or is there another reason for the sale

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on April 26, 2016, 11:22:31 PM
I wonder if midland classic has dented the profit at Arriva Burton &that's the reason for the sale or is there another reason for the sale

They may well have done on the town services, but it might also just be another cost cutting exercise designed to reduce Arriva Midlands operating costs by removing the requirement for a depot in Burton & the associated overheads, transferring as many Burton services in to other Arriva depots, whilst only sacrificing the town services (which may now be less profitable due to successful competition from Midland Classic). As an added bonus it may free up some current Burton vehicles for cascade / replacing older vehicles due to reduced requirements & savings on engineering spares etc

Westy

Quote from: Winston on April 26, 2016, 11:41:09 PM
They may well have done on the town services, but it might also just be another cost cutting exercise designed to reduce Arriva Midlands operating costs by removing the requirement for a depot in Burton & the associated overheads, transferring as many Burton services in to other Arriva depots, whilst only sacrificing the town services (which may now be less profitable due to successful competition from Midland Classic). As an added bonus it may free up some current Burton vehicles for cascade / replacing older vehicles due to reduced requirements & savings on engineering spares etc

How good are Burton's vehicles compared to Cannock's?

Would they transfer straight to Cannock or would they transfer elsewhere & Cannock gets inferior 'cheaper' vehicles?

John

'R2 NEG' now re-engined and back on the road

P419 EJW

Quote from: John on May 17, 2016, 08:51:33 AM
'R2 NEG' now re-engined and back on the road

Excellent news.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Westy on April 27, 2016, 09:01:28 PM
How good are Burton's vehicles compared to Cannock's?

Would they transfer straight to Cannock or would they transfer elsewhere & Cannock gets inferior 'cheaper' vehicles?

All of Burtons Cadets and Commanders have had repaints/refurbs in recent years. The deckers are still excellent. Versas and Pulsars still pretty tidy.

No they haven't. 3706 and 2716 are examples to the contrary.

The deckers may appear reasonably tidy but are time-expired.

Bob

Quote from: 646 on May 17, 2016, 05:18:14 PM
No they haven't. 3706 and 2716 are examples to the contrary.

The deckers may appear reasonably tidy but are time-expired.
3706 is pretty much as bad as all of 3701-4 were in cannock till they got a light retrim years after the others

SG

Quote from: Bob on May 17, 2016, 05:34:47 PM

3706 is pretty much as bad as all of 3701-4 were in cannock till they got a light retrim years after the others

Don't forget though these entered Burtons fleet before the repaints of their existing SB200s.

Dylanbusboy45

Metrocity Number 5 attended the Potteries rally today.Looks very smart  :)

tjwpsv

Quote from: tjwpsv on March 18, 2016, 11:32:30 PM
Heading to Seaford & District for their new Eastbourne Sightseeing service.
Now in service there as TA6  SFZ 767
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130810902@N08/27241809615/in/datetaken/

Dylanbusboy45

77 and DAF Gemini LJ04LGE are on the 810 today.
78/81/85 are on the X12 today.
5 and 31 are on the Lichfield circulars today.

Solo1

When midland classic start running the former arriva  burton services will they be using the arriva ones with midland classic on over the arriva names or buying there own buses

Dylanbusboy45

I would have thought they will use the arriva buses at the start but gradually phase them out with new/second hand buses so they may just have the midland classic logos on the arriva livery. As for the buses themselves, I don't think midland classic will want the cadets/commanders but I think they will keep the versas and buy more favoured buses like Scanias or Optares second hand/new to replace the cadets/commanders. I think they may keep the DAF DB250s for mechanical parts to keep R2NEG going strong.

All of this is just my opinion so I may be wrong but this is what I would say @Solo1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk