News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

late running diamonds

Started by the trainbasher, May 02, 2014, 06:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 04, 2023, 10:20:59 PMAhaha sign of the schools going back or the withdrawal of streetdecks?
Well two of them were streetdecks.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Westy

Anything going off in Bilston at the moment, apart from probable heavy traffic?

The 1506 326 from Bilston has only just reached Willenhall, despite, according to Bustimes only leaving 4 minutes late!

Take a look at 20051!

(Or is it a technical issue?)

The 1536(my usual bus) is still in Bilston currently, if Bustimes is right!

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on October 06, 2023, 03:50:37 PMAnything going off in Bilston at the moment, apart from probable heavy traffic?

The 1506 326 from Bilston has only just reached Willenhall, despite, according to Bustimes only leaving 4 minutes late!

Take a look at 20051!

(Or is it a technical issue?)

The 1536(my usual bus) is still in Bilston currently, if Bustimes is right!
Looking at the historical tracking of a number of buses, it seems to have been a problem in Portobello.

Ginger66

Quote from: Jack on August 08, 2023, 12:40:18 PM16A's are a mess. Loads of people at West Brom moaning and saying they want the 46 back. I can agree, the 16A for reliability is shocking. Every person has said 'why take off a service that's been going for years and always carried lots of people?'

Least Diamond have an inspector at the bus station stand to help, unlike NX...
NX do have inspectors at West Bromwich 

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on October 06, 2023, 05:53:13 PMLooking at the historical tracking of a number of buses, it seems to have been a problem in Portobello.
It seems to be a regular problem lately.

At the time of writing according to Bustimes, the 1455 from Bloxwich has arrived in Bilston several minutes late & is sitting in the Bus Station, instead of coming straight out to run the late 1536 to Bloxwich.

I suspect, as this has also happened recently, this bus will become the 1610 to Bloxwich instead.

Is the driver actually taking a break at this point, or is there an actual problem with the bus?

Edit : Bus stuck in Bilston BS now disappeared from Bustimes.

Looks like all 326's are running late!

John

QuoteIt seems to be a regular problem lately.

At the time of writing according to Bustimes, the 1455 from Bloxwich has arrived in Bilston several minutes late & is sitting in the Bus Station, instead of coming straight out to run the late 1536 to Bloxwich.

I suspect, as this has also happened recently, this bus will become the 1610 to Bloxwich instead.

Is the driver actually taking a break at this point, or is there an actual problem with the bus?

Edit : Bus stuck in Bilston BS now disappeared from Bustimes.

Looks like all 326's are running late!
I would rather the driver have a break and be rested ready to start the next trip late than rush round and possibly have an accident because they have been driving for too long without any sort of break, however frustrating it might be 

Trident 4194

Are you looking into the reliability issues off the 4H and 002 @Simon Dunn 

I know roadworks are an issue but I don't think hardly any 002s have done the full route...

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 09, 2023, 07:07:33 PMAre you looking into the reliability issues off the 4H and 002 @Simon Dunn

I know roadworks are an issue but I don't think hardly any 002s have done the full route...
I see 30 minute communication from our depot Supervisors and daily information from our inspectors.  We have a number of roadworks challenges primarily around West Brom which is affecting a number of services.

I am not aware that the 002 route is being cut short.  Do you have any specifics around this?

Simon

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 12, 2023, 06:43:51 AMI see 30 minute communication from our depot Supervisors and daily information from our inspectors.  We have a number of roadworks challenges primarily around West Brom which is affecting a number of services.

I am not aware that the 002 route is being cut short.  Do you have any specifics around this?

Simon

Look at most the 002 journeys from last week. Especially around 3pm onwards 

Wba_lad

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 09, 2023, 07:07:33 PMAre you looking into the reliability issues off the 4H and 002 @Simon Dunn

The 4H it's not diamonds fault of the late running, the new West Midlands bus partnership on the route has really messed both company's up, both companies are dealing with late buses, every single bus on the 4,4H and 4M are very busy standing load, hopefully something is done by TFWM do help this weather it's adding more buses or changing the route slightly to allow double deckers on the route. Doubles are allowed to go under Sandwell and Dudley bridge as Sandwell council did put it on Facebook the change will not affect buses as buses are expempt but I guess bus companies don't want to risk it. Even though I do see some diamond and national express go under there on dead runs. The 4s could definitely do with double deckers especially on mornings and afternoon/evening Monday to Friday. But it's not a company issue as such as both companies are getting high capacity and then with traffic it don't help things hopefully TFWM consider on doing something to help this out.

Jack

Quote from: Wba_lad on November 28, 2023, 02:29:03 PMThe 4H it's not diamonds fault of the late running, the new West Midlands bus partnership on the route has really messed both company's up, both companies are dealing with late buses, every single bus on the 4,4H and 4M are very busy standing load, hopefully something is done by TFWM do help this weather it's adding more buses or changing the route slightly to allow double deckers on the route. Doubles are allowed to go under Sandwell and Dudley bridge as Sandwell council did put it on Facebook the change will not affect buses as buses are expempt but I guess bus companies don't want to risk it. Even though I do see some diamond and national express go under there on dead runs. The 4s could definitely do with double deckers especially on mornings and afternoon/evening Monday to Friday. But it's not a company issue as such as both companies are getting high capacity and then with traffic it don't help things hopefully TFWM consider on doing something to help this out.
No matter what Sandwell say Deckers shouldn't be passing under the bridge with it having a red circle! Which is an order.

the trainbasher

QuoteNo matter what Sandwell say Deckers shouldn't be passing under the bridge with it having a red circle! Which is an order.
Unless the TRO has an exemption for them?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Jack

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 29, 2023, 01:38:57 PMUnless the TRO has an exemption for them?
Wouldn't you think if there was NX would be able to send Deckers there still?

Tony

Quote from: Jack on November 29, 2023, 02:28:04 PMWouldn't you think if there was NX would be able to send Deckers there still?
Well actually there is an exemption on the TRO, but it's not a good idea to tell drivers they can ignore one sign but not identical ones elsewhere 

Trident 4194

3 4Hs within 10 minutes of each other In Hayley green. What are the issues @Simon Dunn ??

We've gone from 7 buses to 3 buses with an hour gap in service 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk