News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Worcester Timetable Leaflets

Started by PM, April 24, 2014, 10:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Planning to ho over to Worcester tomorrow and was wondering if it was worth looking for Worcester timetable leaflets. Anyone know if they do any and if so where you pick them up from?

Thanks in advance  :)

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 24, 2014, 10:47:43 PM
Planning to ho over to Worcester tomorrow and was wondering if it was worth looking for Worcester timetable leaflets. Anyone know if they do any and if so where you pick them up from?

Thanks in advance  :)

I've had the same thought before but have never found any. I looked in the bus station but couldn't find any and have never seen them on buses

PM

Smethwickian

A few might be available in the information display opposite the bus station news kiosk, and from the kiosk itself which is supposedly a First ticket agent; otherwise try the tourist information centre next to the Guildhall in High Street.

j789

All the timetables for First Worcester services should be in the information board at Crowngate bus station, if you are coming then have a look at the First ticket 'app' that is now available as you can get the ticket on your phone so no need for change etc.

Roy

I picked up most of the First leaflets at the Tourist Information Centre in the High Street a couple of months ago.  You sometimes see one or two in the Bus Station.

PM

Thanks to everyone for their replies! Went over there today and picked them up from the bus station and tourist info office. Apparently new ones are soon due... I even managed to find some of the old timetables for the 30 hidden at the back of the racks in the bus station! I didn't find one for the 550/1 or one for the Upton routes 41/42/43/362/3/4. If anyone sees them then they could post in here! In my opinion First are really starting to turn things around now and appear to be running a tight ship over in Worcester. Top marks I say and all drivers extremely polite and helpful

j789

It is not perfect but for a smaller city like Worcester I think the service provision we offer is comprehensive and regular. Also, I think gaining the extra Enviro 300s from the Redditch/Kiddi closure + other additions to the fleet, to get rid of the pathfinders and darts has made the fleet much better and more appealing to passengers. My only gripe is that more buses are not yet in the new livery but hopefully this should change soon. Does Walsall want any more work?? ;)

PM

Quote from: j789 on April 25, 2014, 08:44:37 PM
It is not perfect but for a smaller city like Worcester I think the service provision we offer is comprehensive and regular. Also, I think gaining the extra Enviro 300s from the Redditch/Kiddi closure + other additions to the fleet, to get rid of the pathfinders and darts has made the fleet much better and more appealing to passengers. My only gripe is that more buses are not yet in the new livery but hopefully this should change soon. Does Walsall want any more work?? ;)

I agree with you there j789. A couple of solos possibly more were in the new livery and looked really smart tbf as that batch is starting to look a little tired. I also got a gemini on the 144 which was nice but needed a deep clean and certain cushions replacing. Not WR's responsibility I know as it is only a loan. The Caetano darts are nice as are the e300's.  One of the Centros in the new livery was nice but the 08 reg e300 and one centro were the tattiest buses I went on. The 08 enviro is in far worse condition than the original FMR examples and there is a real contrast in the Centros from rock solid to rattly. Would be nice to see them get more standard seating in first moquette.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk