News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Dayrider Gold Area Validity ?

Started by NXCOV21, March 05, 2014, 12:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NXCOV21

Ive been reading stagecoach warwickshires website about the validity of the dayrider gold ticket.
In theory you can use the same ticket from Coventry to Peterborough changing buses at Rugby and Northampton.
Can anyone in the know confirm this or as Peterborough is in the east then would you have to buy separate tickets ?

Valandil

Quote from: NXCOV21 on March 05, 2014, 12:57:39 AM
Ive been reading stagecoach warwickshires website about the validity of the dayrider gold ticket.
In theory you can use the same ticket from Coventry to Peterborough changing buses at Rugby and Northampton.
Can anyone in the know confirm this or as Peterborough is in the east then would you have to buy separate tickets ?

I have been as far as Northampton on a DayRider Gold, and then onwards using the X4 bus (though only to Milton Keynes, not in the other direction!)
Whenever I have used the ticket, no driver has ever batted an eyelid! -- maybe just ask the driver when you use it?

Justin Tyme

I've used a Warwickshire Dayrider Gold on Northants buses - this is legit.  The Stagecoach Warwickshire website says: -

"Dayrider Gold allows unlimited travel on Stagecoach buses in Southern Britain, except Devon, Somerset, in or to/from London. Southern Britain is defined as Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, South Wales, Warwickshire, West Sussex, Wiltshire and Worcestershire. You will need the East Dayrider Gold to be able to use the X5 service (Oxford to Cambridge)."

Surprisingly, prices vary from company to company, even within Stagecoach Midlands.  The Warwickshire price is £8.00, but in Northants it's £11.00!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk