News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Complaints about operators

Started by makkacdt, February 25, 2014, 11:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

makkacdt

Hello all,
Back when I used to live in sandwell I was a fan of sunny travel. Since moving to sheldon I've found that to change very quickly. On numerous of times I've been on there 71 and frankly there driving is pure dangerous. Now some will no they clearly don't like clarbells but driving on the wrong side of the road to overtake them for the drive of a sunny bus to then stick his fingers up and jeer at the other company's driver is wrong right?

I've seen this rather a lot at the moment, but when I went to work today it was to a new level, I got on the sunny bus as it was first. clarbells over took the sunny bus at the wheat sheaf lights, in the other lane, were the sunny was in the left hand lane going straight across cut the clarabells bus up, and decided to shout abuse at the driver he cut up. He then proceeded to break suddenly constantly with the clarbells bus nearly hitting on many occasions.
This continued till he pulled up at the lay over stop at the icing ring if anyone knows it. The clarabells bus continued as normal. The sunny bus driver then when picking up elderly swore at her for not placing her pass right on the scanner and drove of with out closing the doors or waiting for the old dear to be seated almost sending her flying. He sped all the way till he cought up with the other bus at moat lane traffic lights clarbells in the left hand lane the sunny in the right, a nice bit of verbal from the sunny driver, who sped of at the green light , cut up the other bus as I had to get off after the lights, and starting swearing at me and the other bus when he was taken over again.

Seems like sunny travel like to race everyone.
Sorry about the essay but basically is there anything what can be done, were can I complain too, and how as sunny only list a mobile number and that's pointless.
I understand for competition between operators but all most causing a pile up is proberly the wrong way right?

Thanks
O and sorry for spelling I'm on my phone.

Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

PM

What you have described may well be unacceptable behaviour. I suggest that you firstly contact the operator just to give them a fair opportunity to remedy the issue and apologize. If you get no response, it may be worth talking to centro and/or the local traffic commissioners who can talk to the operator concerned. If nothing appears to be happening then, you could try contacting Bus Users UK but your main chance of success comes through talking to centro and potentially being directed on to the local traffic commissioner.

mikestone

Doesn't actually mention driver behaviour but it may be worth trying this ;-

VOSA intelligence unit

VOSA
Berkeley House
Croydon Street
Bristol
BS5 0DA

Email intelligenceunit@vosa.gsi.gov.uk

Freephone 0800 030 4103

Contact us about potential breaches of the law for the mechanical condition of goods and passenger vehicles, drivers' hours rules, vehicle overloading, goods and passenger vehicle operator licences and potential car MOT fraud.

Sh4318

They weren't perfect on the 120 either to be perfectly honest. On one occasion, I hailed a bus and it drove straight past me
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Steveminor

Spoke to the boss. He needs times and registration number. All sunny buses carry CCTV cameras which he will be able to review & take appropriate action when he knows which bus & what approx time he needs to look at.

makkacdt

was one of the pink uno bus, I got off top of moat lane around 0930, hope that helps

richie

Quote from: Steveminor on February 26, 2014, 08:59:39 AM
Spoke to the boss. He needs times and registration number. All sunny buses carry CCTV cameras which he will be able to review & take appropriate action when he knows which bus & what approx time he needs to look at.

I doubt "The Boss" is all that bothered they drove like idiots on the 120 and that's from personal experience and they are clearly up to there old tricks! Why would a driver of a bus he shares no profit in drive in such a manner? I would say he is given unrealistic targets by "the boss".

Steveminor

Thanks mako I will pass that on.
Richie if you have noticed there aren't many drivers at sunny now that drove on the 120, there is a reason for that you know & NO THE DRIVERS DO NOT HAVE ANY TARGETS. Suggesting that nothing will be done about it is unreasonable, tony posted info on here about a driver that was unloading across the pedestrian crossing in Solihull. It was looked into, the driver spoken to & after a couple of repeat incidents he no longer works for the company. An operators licence is too precious for the company to do nothing.
Rest assured the info will be used to track down the incident on CCTV & action taken.
In my experience when I suspended a driver for a week due to poor driving standards I showed them the CCTV & they knew there was no excuse. I never had to speak to that driver again.

A similar kind of incident between sunny & claribels has happend before & when the CCTV was looked at the claribels driver had been doing the same thing to the sunny driver earlier in the journey claribels also reviewed their CCTV & then both drivers ended up with p45s

karl724223

karl724223

If the driving was as bad as stated I would have dialed 999 and reported him for dangerous driving got the police to stop him and they could have interviewed any other passengers on board and if any CCTV was on bus they could have viewed it and if it was that bad I'm sure the police would have prosecuted him that's if the story is true ????????????

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Steveminor on February 27, 2014, 06:37:42 AM
Thanks mako I will pass that on.
Richie if you have noticed there aren't many drivers at sunny now that drove on the 120, there is a reason for that you know & NO THE DRIVERS DO NOT HAVE ANY TARGETS. Suggesting that nothing will be done about it is unreasonable, tony posted info on here about a driver that was unloading across the pedestrian crossing in Solihull. It was looked into, the driver spoken to & after a couple of repeat incidents he no longer works for the company. An operators licence is too precious for the company to do nothing.
Rest assured the info will be used to track down the incident on CCTV & action taken.
In my experience when I suspended a driver for a week due to poor driving standards I showed them the CCTV & they knew there was no excuse. I never had to speak to that driver again.

A similar kind of incident between sunny & claribels has happend before & when the CCTV was looked at the claribels driver had been doing the same thing to the sunny driver earlier in the journey claribels also reviewed their CCTV & then both drivers ended up with p45s

I don't know Steve, you sound chuffed that these drivers got the sack?

Probably just the way I've read it but even if it was the drivers own doing there's no need to be an arse about it. But I hope it was the way it was read ;)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

I remember this piece of 'quality' driving from Sunny Trave a couple of years ago, overtaking the NXWM president on the outside of Old square with the driver going so fast he nearly lost control and hit the railings I was stood behind

makkacdt

its been like that but with clarbels for the last how many months, Solihull town centre when they are both trying to get in to the bus stand can be a bit of a comedy fest

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk