News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leicesterbusadventurer

Interesting, I wonder if Wigston plan on repainting their's anytime soon.

Thurmaston really need to sort out their priorities for where the DB250s that are on normal services are going. One 29 that did work really well with them was the 11:37 from SMBS as when I went in December it was fairly loaded throughout and on the run back to Leicester, got really packed at the end as it got to the County Hall as a lot of people were coming out.

Dennis

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on July 18, 2019, 11:23:15 AM
They can't be on the TZ1 route since it follows the 158 route to Nuneaton even if 4773 and 4523 have been photographed there.

And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

LazyGuy222

Arriva have really messed allocations up today.

Adding on further to what I said about an hour or so before, there was some Solo on the 29, and 4531 was also on the 53.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Dennis on July 18, 2019, 05:45:27 PM
And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
Clearly not taking all the facts in. I just said that there are pics of 4523 and 4773 on Flickr at Twycross Zoo even though the TZ1 (Leicester-Twycross Zoo) is going via Nuneaton which means going under that low bridge.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on July 18, 2019, 06:02:39 PM

Adding on further to what I said about an hour or so before, there was some Solo on the 29, and 4531 was also on the 53.
Wow, it's always the summertime isn't it?

LazyGuy222

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on July 18, 2019, 06:06:33 PM
Clearly not taking all the facts in. I just said that there are pics of 4523 and 4773 on Flickr at Twycross Zoo even though the TZ1 (Leicester-Twycross Zoo) is going via Nuneaton which means going under that low bridge.

Not necessarily

Dennis

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on July 18, 2019, 06:02:39 PM

What is messed up about this? There are often Solos on some workings of the 29 at weekends and during school holidays. There is also nothing to prevent a double decker being allocated to 53 either. I think there are lots of unusual allocations across the area at the minute as buses are going away for repaint or to have Euro 6 upgrades.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Dennis on July 18, 2019, 08:43:28 PM
What is messed up about this? There are often Solos on some workings of the 29 at weekends and during school holidays. There is also nothing to prevent a double decker being allocated to 53 either. I think there are lots of unusual allocations across the area at the minute as buses are going away for repaint or to have Euro 6 upgrades.
I agree with you there. I think that's why that Streetlite and E200 MMC were on the 85 last week, as the B9TLs are all having availablecar.com rear ads applied. A very severe own goal but there you go. As mentioned earlier, Thurmaston have started repainting their MMCs, but Leicester's fleet doesn't need to be Euro VI until 2021. I know that Commanders and a B7RLE are on loan to Derby from Tamworth for that reason while that's happening to their fleet.

LazyGuy222

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on July 18, 2019, 08:58:14 PM
I agree with you there. I think that's why that Streetlite and E200 MMC were on the 85 last week, as the B9TLs are all having availablecar.com rear ads applied. A very severe own goal but there you go. As mentioned earlier, Thurmaston have started repainting their MMCs, but Leicester's fleet doesn't need to be Euro VI until 2021. I know that Commanders and a B7RLE are on loan to Derby from Tamworth for that reason while that's happening to their fleet.

It's 2020 isn't it?

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on July 19, 2019, 12:18:47 AM
It's 2020 isn't it?
https://airqualitynews.com/2018/03/02/leicester-charge-non-euro-vi-buses/
Oh yeah, it says by the end of 2020, charges for buses that don't meet this standard by then come into effect from January 2021.

47609FireFly

Thurmaston allocated, 4533 has been repainted into light blue livery and so becomes the first of Leicester's E400MMCs to receive the scheme. For what it was worth, it previously carried route branding for the 5/5A, but is now unbranded.

LazyGuy222

Quote from: 47609FireFly on July 20, 2019, 12:34:19 AM
Thurmaston allocated, 4533 has been repainted into light blue livery and so becomes the first of Leicester's E400MMCs to receive the scheme. For what it was worth, it previously carried route branding for the 5/5A, but is now unbranded.

Already said that but sure.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Dennis on July 18, 2019, 08:43:28 PM
Forgot to mention that you're right about the double-deckers on the 53, that does happen sometimes, but the problem was that one has 5/5A branding.

LazyGuy222

4752 is dead.

The engine is completely done for according to a source from Thurmaston

leicesterbusadventurer

No, not the Fox one. Seems the end has began. I haven't seen 4763 for a while and that gave a horrendous performance when I had it on the 16 last year. I wouldn't be surprised if that's had it as well.

Thurmaston, start getting some replacements, new or second-hand, ASAP.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk