News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Strange/Unnecessary Brandings

Started by CL, November 24, 2013, 07:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Unnecessary branding always gets on my nerves, even more so when they take up have of the vehicle livery. Take a look at this: http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4927.html

I'd say they might've just put it as a banner ad, instead of using it a a 'promotion' branding (unless it's still branded for Sutton Lines)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Meh, why not? It gets the message out there doesn't it? Said before I reckon their plan is to use these buses on as many routes as possible to try and spread their message, so I expect to see them out on the 101 and 94 at some point
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

nitromatt1

I wish they wouldn't use windows as branding space!

Sh4318

I think they should brand all unbranded PB Enviros with the promotion branding. I think the Enviros look better with branding. Hopefully Enviros will appear on the 914/115 and 907, you would think there would be just enough for the Sutton Lines as well as the routes previously mentioned
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: Sh4166 on November 24, 2013, 07:45:37 PM
I think they should brand all unbranded PB Enviros with the promotion branding. I think the Enviros look better with branding. Hopefully Enviros will appear on the 914/115 and 907, you would think there would be just enough for the Sutton Lines as well as the routes previously mentioned

They may well do, there are still 12 more still to be delivered & 4926 & 4927 to enter service

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 24, 2013, 07:41:07 PM
I wish they wouldn't use windows as branding space!

Me too Matt. If your a passenger its all back to front, and there's plenty of bus to use for the windowed brandings.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

fleetline6477

The front window branding on 934/5/6 Enviros really does limit the view through the front windows.

CL

I guess it would've looked ok without the front window branding being so big.  ;)

trident4370

I think it is a good idea tbh, makes for a much more interesting fleet than just red and white, and promotes bus prices to car drivers who otherwise probably wouldn't bother investigating the cost of bus passes! My only pet hate is when the windows are covered, as has been pointed out already, the upstairs 934/5/6 front branding is just too much.

the trainbasher

Quote from: trident4370 on November 24, 2013, 08:31:56 PM
I think it is a good idea tbh, makes for a much more interesting fleet than just red and white, and promotes bus prices to car drivers who otherwise probably wouldn't bother investigating the cost of bus passes! My only pet hate is when the windows are covered, as has been pointed out already, the upstairs 934/5/6 front branding is just too much.

I think the advertising of fares on the E400s is a smart move to coax people out of their cars...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

trident4370

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 24, 2013, 08:33:31 PM

I think the advertising of fares on the E400s is a smart move to coax people out of their cars...

I am not disagreeing ;)

The Real 4778

Kerry Louise's window branding is hardly in the eye-line of front upstairs passengers though, unless we're expecting a mass influx of basketball players and victims of the rack on Sutton Lines.

At least these buses feature a bit more relief in the black band that separates the exotic livery colours.
Don't you start.

CL

Quote from: trident4370 on November 24, 2013, 08:34:12 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on November 24, 2013, 08:33:31 PM

I can agree slightly... However, you do have to admit, the ad looks misplaced on the top deck window, they might've well set it out like the 934/5/6's E400s...

I am not disagreeing ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk