News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM Increase of Apprentices

Started by Liverpool Street, November 16, 2013, 06:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Cleggy At BC - Cameron's Puppet Announces Doubling Number of Apprentices

As I'm sure you've seen the pictures, Nick Clegg was at BC to discuss the apprenticeship program.

"The Deputy Prime Minister also heard from Peter Coates, Managing Director of National Express West Midlands, about the company's ground-breaking Routes to Work partnership with JobCentre Plus.  Routes to Work has already delivered 1,000 new job opportunities in the West Midlands and helps get more young people and women into the transport industry.  The partnership, which links to the government's Youth Contract, has led to a four year reduction in the average age of the bus company's 5,500 staff."

What's wrong with older staff? /Rhetorical

Something else to discuss!

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

bususer12

Anyone Over 21 costs too much, they can pay the young ones less!

Thats my thinking.

nitromatt1

Quote from: bususer12 on November 16, 2013, 07:17:43 PM

Thats my thinking.

I would've thought anyone under 21 would cost too much, with insurance and PCV training costs

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 16, 2013, 07:31:52 PM
Quote from: bususer12 on November 16, 2013, 07:17:43 PM

Thats my thinking.

I would've thought anyone under 21 would cost too much, with insurance and PCV training costs

Well, its apprentice Engineers, so the mechanics are the training fees of which used, unlike apparent £2000 fees from Walsall driving training school...
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Martin

Would I be able to apply as I am 25?
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Martin on November 16, 2013, 07:35:18 PM
Would I be able to apply as I am 25?

I would hope so, but I believe they favour 16-18 year olds, fresh from school. Some say easy to manipulate, I say trying to portray a positive company image to the public within their domain.
until it cought fire

Gareth

NX either recruit or train sometimes in my building in the Jewellery Quarter. Is that for apprentices or for drivers?

richie

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 16, 2013, 06:12:22 PM

As I'm sure you've seen the pictures, Nick Clegg was at BC to discuss the apprenticeship program.

"The Deputy Prime Minister also heard from Peter Coates, Managing Director of National Express West Midlands, about the company's ground-breaking Routes to Work partnership with JobCentre Plus.  Routes to Work has already delivered 1,000 new job opportunities in the West Midlands and helps get more young people and women into the transport industry.  The partnership, which links to the government's Youth Contract, has led to a four year reduction in the average age of the bus company's 5,500 staff."

It appears that Mr. Clegg is exempt from wearing a high vis?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: richie on November 17, 2013, 09:08:04 AM

"The Deputy Prime Minister also heard from Peter Coates, Managing Director of National Express West Midlands, about the company's ground-breaking Routes to Work partnership with JobCentre Plus.  Routes to Work has already delivered 1,000 new job opportunities in the West Midlands and helps get more young people and women into the transport industry.  The partnership, which links to the government's Youth Contract, has led to a four year reduction in the average age of the bus company's 5,500 staff."

It appears so, the criminal! Oh, sorry, its a politician, they're exempt. *rolls eyes*
until it cought fire

Ex BC driver

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 17, 2013, 03:34:06 PM
Quote from: richie on November 17, 2013, 09:08:04 AM

It appears so, the criminal! Oh, sorry, its a politician, they're exempt. *rolls eyes*

Now if it had been an employee not wearing a hi vis . . .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk