News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB50

Quote from: Stu on October 29, 2023, 05:55:08 PMAh I see, well if the MOT has now expired then it is likely to be a candidate for withdrawal, yes.

However before anyone starts rushing to update BusTimes, lets wait for Tony to confirm this.

Depending on availability of vehicles, it might be worth renewing the MOT even if its just to keep it going for another couple of months.

Looks like it's been withdrawn as it's no longer on bustimes.

Tony

Quote from: PB50 on October 30, 2023, 05:19:22 PMLooks like it's been withdrawn as it's no longer on bustimes.
Yes, put in reserve today.

The quote for repairs to 7508 doesn't look too promising either

EK40

as per bustimes PB7508 is now going to be turned into a engineering training vehicle

windy miller

Quote from: B.C Driver on October 29, 2023, 11:20:22 AMCommon sense should tell you a vehicle of that age would not be withdrawn even if it was for an engine failure, and 2 months isnt long off the road in the grand scheme of things.

The post was meant to be a ruse in an effort to establish why the vehicle had not been tracked in service since early August... clearly you were NOT privy to the Walsall Mafiosi or the local intelligentsia
 if you need information from the trevi you need to piss in it...or maybe only in Italy...........

Mind the Gap.....?:-)

CL

Quote from: windy miller on November 04, 2023, 02:30:27 AMI,m well aware of that  perhaps you can tell us all where it is?

At Walsall garage.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

busboy31

Do you know when the Enviros will be withdrawn? It's said it will at the end of this year if possible.

Jack

Quote from: busboy31 on November 08, 2023, 10:31:24 PMDo you know when the Enviros will be withdrawn? It's said it will at the end of this year if possible.
That's a silly question.

To think they are still repainting E400's and just to withdraw them would be very silly, considering NX need as many Deckers as possible!

BK63 YWP

QuoteDo you know when the Enviros will be withdrawn? It's said it will at the end of this year if possible.
Tridents and Geminis BEFORE E400s even start. Don't worry 4817 will be around for a few years to come
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

karl724223

Quote from: BK63 YWP on November 09, 2023, 11:43:07 AMTridents and Geminis BEFORE E400s even start. Don't worry 4817 will be around for a few years to come
Will it ??

BK63 YWP

QuoteWill it ??
Don't upset him 😂
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

spacecowboy150

This is the third enthusiast Ive found who loves 4817 for some reason

Withdrawn Scania 1947 running gear removed and fitted to 1939, and the remainder of it parked outside in front of remains of 6988, quite the collection of scrap buses at WB 

don

Quote from: 2900 on November 13, 2023, 05:24:57 PMWithdrawn Scania 1947 running gear removed and fitted to 1939, and the remainder of it parked outside in front of remains of 6988, quite the collection of scrap buses at WB
Has 6988 been stripped for components?

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on November 11, 2023, 08:50:06 AMThis is the third enthusiast Ive found who loves 4817 for some reason
I love it too - in fact the whole 2009 E400 batch (4799-815; 4817-29), which I'll forever remember in their washed out pink and white livery as inflicted by Pensnett garage!! I seem to recall the batch may have been leased originally, and there was concern over their mileage accumulation on the 9 and 99 (now X10). So if they were expected to operate for 15 yrs, that would expire next year.

The current approx state of play, as far as I can tell, based on Bustimes for groups of vehicles subject to withdrawal is:-

Omnilink - 146
Trident - 56 (8 non Euro 6)
Gemini - 65 (33 non Euro 6)

If there are 300 new buses then more than just those listed above may be withdrawn. Plus if all the hydrogens are in service that would be an extra 15 vehicles.

So in a roundabout way, is it possible the ex Pensnett pale pink and white 30 (E400s) might be replaced over the next year or two?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

4799-4829 are still owned, and leased from Dawson Group.

Stu

Quote from: don on November 13, 2023, 06:32:41 PMThe current approx state of play, as far as I can tell, based on Bustimes for groups of vehicles subject to withdrawal is:-

Omnilink - 146
Trident - 56 (8 non Euro 6)
Gemini - 65 (29 non Euro 6)

If there are 300 new buses then more than just those listed above may be withdrawn. Plus if all the hydrogens are in service that would be an extra 15 vehicles.

So in a roundabout way, is it possible the ex Pensnett pale pink and white 30 (E400s) might be replaced over the next year or two? 
The priority will be to withdraw any non Euro6 vehicles which have to be gone by the end of January 2024, then inroads will be made into the OmniLinks in the fleet.

Tony's fleet list has one batch of 30 EVs which I believe are built and awaiting delivery, then a further batch of 10 which I'm not sure about, but I would guess are also built, which would mean a total of 40 new buses which could be delivered and in service by the end of January, which would see the end of non-Euro6 vehicles if your figures are correct.

The pace of delivery of the remaining 240 EVs will depend on getting chargers and infrastructure installed at garages that are due to receive EVs.

The early E400s might have at least a couple of years service left in them I would think.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk