News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dababa015

Somebody here know if they have seen 2204? Hasn't been in service since 9th aug

Tony

Quote from: Dababa015 on October 16, 2023, 09:20:59 AMSomebody here know if they have seen 2204? Hasn't been in service since 9th aug
See buses away from home garage thread

Tony

1947 has been written off by the insurance company after a heavy rear end RTC while stationary at a bus stop

Quote from: Tony on October 18, 2023, 06:21:57 PM1947 has been written off by the insurance company after a heavy rear end RTC while stationary at a bus stop
Thought it might be, got the hatrick now 1945/46/47  :smiley:

windy miller

It appears that H1009 has been withdrawn due to engine failure 
   and has not turned a wheel in revenue since  last August  unless someone knows     different 
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stu

Quote from: windy miller on October 28, 2023, 01:40:30 AMIt appears that H1009 has been withdrawn due to engine failure
  and has not turned a wheel in revenue since  last August  unless someone knows    different
Hydrogen vehicles don't have engines. :rolleyes:

Like the electrics, they are driven by electric motors.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PB50

Quote from: windy miller on October 28, 2023, 01:40:30 AMIt appears that H1009 has been withdrawn due to engine failure
  and has not turned a wheel in revenue since  last August  unless someone knows    different
Surely they've not withdrawn a hydrogen bus.

Tony

B.C Driver

Common sense should tell you a vehicle of that age would not be withdrawn even if it was for an engine failure, and 2 months isnt long off the road in the grand scheme of things.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Tony

Longest VoR at the moment is BC 6875 which has been off over a year, but on Bustimes just looks like a couple of months. The RTC damage has been repaired, but no-one, including a Voith engineer cannot work out why it won't select gears at the moment!

Ronnoc

Is it safe to assume that 4450 has been withdrawn? 

Stu

Quote from: Ronnoc on October 29, 2023, 05:33:51 PMIs it safe to assume that 4450 has been withdrawn?
Why would you think that? It was last used on Friday.
My locals:

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stu on October 29, 2023, 05:40:35 PMWhy would you think that? It was last used on Friday.

It's non-euro 6 and its MOT expired yesterday. Unless it's really needed in service, I would think that it won't be worth renewing its MOT. Happy to be proven otherwise, 4450 is a great bus!

Tony

Quote from: Ronnoc on October 29, 2023, 05:45:49 PMIt's non-euro 6 and its MOT expired yesterday. Unless it's really needed in service, I would think that it won't be worth renewing its MOT. Happy to be proven otherwise, 4450 is a great bus!
It'll be withdrawn when someone above me decides it definitely doesn't need to be used again

Stu

Quote from: Ronnoc on October 29, 2023, 05:45:49 PMIt's non-euro 6 and its MOT expired yesterday. Unless it's really needed in service, I would think that it won't be worth renewing its MOT. Happy to be proven otherwise, 4450 is a great bus!
Ah I see, well if the MOT has now expired then it is likely to be a candidate for withdrawal, yes.

However before anyone starts rushing to update BusTimes, lets wait for Tony to confirm this.

Depending on availability of vehicles, it might be worth renewing the MOT even if its just to keep it going for another couple of months.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk