News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Discount Travel Solutions

Started by winston, October 30, 2013, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you aware if there is anything preventing buses using Bromford Lane this evening @Tony?
After I got off KV03ZFN at the Old Bromford Lane stop on the 11A about 10 minutes ago in Ward End, instead of carrying straight on it went right onto St Margarets Road and Lindale Avenue, carrying passsengers in service, it certainly seems a very weird route to take. Or is he just using it to avoid traffic at the motorway bridge further down, the road seemed to be open from what I could see. If that's the case and the road is open, that's not very good at all in my opinion, whether or not there's an alternative NX service, as they are timetabled to use Bromford Lane not Lindale Avenue.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on November 08, 2018, 05:10:10 PM
Are you aware if there is anything preventing buses using Bromford Lane this evening @Tony?
After I got off KV03ZFN at the Old Bromford Lane stop on the 11A about 10 minutes ago in Ward End, instead of carrying straight on it went right onto St Margarets Road and Lindale Avenue, carrying passsengers in service, it certainly seems a very weird route to take. Or is he just using it to avoid traffic at the motorway bridge further down, the road seemed to be open from what I could see. If that's the case and the road is open, that's not very good at all in my opinion, whether or not there's an alternative NX service, as they are timetabled to use Bromford Lane not Lindale Avenue.

I haven't been in Birmingham today, but I haven't had an email to say any 11 diversions in place

Quote from: Tony on November 08, 2018, 05:58:56 PM
I haven't been in Birmingham today, but I haven't had an email to say any 11 diversions in place
Thanks for the info, most apreciated.
Presumably he was taking some sort of short cut then, not very good in my opinion.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on November 08, 2018, 06:45:33 PM
Thanks for the info, most apreciated.
Presumably he was taking some sort of short cut then, not very good in my opinion.

I like drivers who use a bit of initiative. The other day my social bus took a de tour round the back of harborne because there was queuing traffic. Didn't get very far ahead but still less frustrating for passengers if they are moving

Steveminor

I came through there earlier on the way back from erdington & traffic was at a virtual standstill, so it is quite likely the driver thought there was some kind of obstruction and tried a detour.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 08, 2018, 07:05:45 PM
I like drivers who use a bit of initiative. The other day my social bus took a de tour round the back of harborne because there was queuing traffic. Didn't get very far ahead but still less frustrating for passengers if they are moving

Illegal and far more frustrating for passengers waiting at the stops missed

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 08, 2018, 08:33:32 PM
Illegal and far more frustrating for passengers waiting at the stops missed

This is a social bus, I would hardly say people leave their houses at a precise Time to catch a lovely dart. Especially with the blizzare timetabling

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 08, 2018, 09:41:35 PM
This is a social bus, I would hardly say people leave their houses at a precise Time to catch a lovely dart. Especially with the blizzare timetabling
Not that many, but a select few actually do wait for it at the precise time. A couple will let the NX buses go past to get that specific bus, a couple were even still waiting for it when it turned up half an hour late one morning a few years back. They don't catch it because its a dart, probably more because its quiter than the NX bus.
07:37 Ward End - 08:04 Acocks Green seems to pick up the same crowd of people everyday.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

No sign of the 16:57 11A from Ward End this evening.
It must have either not operated, ran more than 5 minutes early or over 20 minutes late.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Eric Shaw

Discount had a newer bus on the 72 today.xx54NUB. I could not get the rest of the number as I was driving past it at the time.

Solo1

Photo of their new bus on photo links page

justlookingaround

Quote from: Eric Shaw on November 22, 2018, 09:14:51 PM
Discount had a newer bus on the 72 today.xx54NUB. I could not get the rest of the number as I was driving past it at the time.
Searching around for a reg plate and NK54 NUB sounds plausible considering their "preference" for ex-Go North East stock nowadays.

Eric Shaw

I can confirm it is NK54NUB, I saw it again today. Also KV03ZFS was on the 11C, left the Yew Tree at 0907 this morning. This one seems to float between the companies in the group. It had RKT as the owner on a sticker in the window.

Quote from: Eric Shaw on November 23, 2018, 08:21:15 PM
I can confirm it is NK54NUB, I saw it again today. Also KV03ZFS was on the 11C, left the Yew Tree at 0907 this morning. This one seems to float between the companies in the group. It had RKT as the owner on a sticker in the window.
ZFS has moved between them, but it doesn't move between them very often, only when there is a change with the services/fleet.
eg - ZFS left Social when it became a 1 bus operation, which was sometime around the begining of 2018.

Presumably with the addition of the 54 plate, ZFS has now moved to DTS.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Eric Shaw

KV03ZFS on the 966 this morning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk