News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Discount Travel Solutions

Started by winston, October 30, 2013, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

Perhaps trying some shorter length services so that there can be a more regular clockface frequency would be a better suggestion.  Also, not a route which is already saturated with NX buses.  Perhaps something like the 46 Birmingham - Perry Barr. 

Another idea could be taking an existing route and doing a different variation of it, like the 50 but omitting Moseley and going express via Queensbridge Road & Balsall Common.

Finally, perhaps looking at routes which have been withdrawn by other operators and seeing if there is still demand for them. Hanson's have done wonders on the 004 and have built up a solid following on there.  Maybe trying to introduce something like a new 21 or 44 services from Birmingham to Weoley Castle.

Trident 4194

Quote from: sonic84 on February 28, 2015, 01:16:29 PM
Perhaps trying some shorter length services so that there can be a more regular clockface frequency would be a better suggestion.  Also, not a route which is already saturated with NX buses.  Perhaps something like the 46 Birmingham - Perry Barr. 

Another idea could be taking an existing route and doing a different variation of it, like the 50 but omitting Moseley and going express via Queensbridge Road & Balsall Common.

Finally, perhaps looking at routes which have been withdrawn by other operators and seeing if there is still demand for them. Hanson's have done wonders on the 004 and have built up a solid following on there.  Maybe trying to introduce something like a new 21 or 44 services from Birmingham to Weoley Castle.

Agreed, even the 006 could work

sonic84

The 006 only needs 1 bus to get a decent 30 minute frequency out of it.

Admitted Green Bus tried it and withdrew after a few months, but Ludlows ran it very successfully for a number of years and so with a bit of marketing a persistence I am sure it could be successful again.

Another idea could be running the 19 from Hayley Green to Birmingham.  The people of Hayley Green really need a direct link into the city centre especially since the 192 was cut short, even if only a peak time. The AM journeys had a lot of regular passengers so I am sure as long as it is given time to build custom it could be successful too.

Stu

Quote from: sonic84 on February 28, 2015, 01:16:29 PM

Balsall Common is a bit out of the way isn't it?  :o
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

DTS Dart passed through Old Square 1823 Not in Service

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Apparently they Are meant to have started back on the 966 today...has anyone seen them on there?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 20, 2015, 12:47:16 PM
Apparently they Are meant to have started back on the 966 today...has anyone seen them on there?

On there yesterday and today

Lukeee

Noticed the other day that the MPD on the 966 displays Erdington via Birmingham

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Lukeee on May 12, 2015, 11:04:19 PM
Noticed the other day that the MPD on the 966 displays Erdington via Birmingham

Should read Birmingham Airport

Solo1

anyone know what the changes are 2. PD1121581/6 - DISCOUNT TRAVEL SOLUTIONS LIMITED, UNIT 3, BRIDGE STREET SOUTH, SMETHWICK, B66 3DR

Variation Accepted: Operating between Erdington, Sixways and Solihull given service number 966 effective from 01-Aug-2015. To amend Timetable.

Quote from: countryliner on November 28, 2015, 11:39:14 PM
Does anyone know what Discount Travel will do when the DDA compliance rules come in to place. I believe that Discount Travel have R935 FOO and S929 PDD (but i think that R823 HCD has left the fleet) which are probably not DDA compliant although i imagine that X179 CTG is probably DDA compliant. Will Discount Travel get any new vehicles or will they convert their Dennis Dart / Alexander ALX200 buses to become DDA compliant.
Yes they no longer have 823
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: countryliner on November 28, 2015, 11:55:20 PM
@2206 Thanks. Do you know who R823 HCD got sold to. Did it get sold to a bus dealer.
It never got sold to a bus dealer

823 Went to Sunny Travel
then was On Loan to Social and was painted in white
It is now no longer in use
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

R823 is currently being canabalised at the depot & will see no further use. As for the other dts buses a plan to convert to dda is under way. However we may get a 53 plate mpd for dts as both the other brothers sunny travel & social travel are getting some.

Quote from: countryliner on November 29, 2015, 01:34:38 PM
@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. Do you know what the registration numbers of the new Discount / Social / Sunny MPDs are. And also do you know how many MPDs will each company be getting. Thank you.
Social - 2 03 plates MPD

Plus 1 X reg Dart.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: countryliner on November 29, 2015, 01:59:22 PM
@2206 - Thanks for the info. With the X reg dart - do you mean the one that Social Travel already have (X183 CTG) or do you mean that they are getting a new one. I do quite like MPDs - they are useful buses and are usually quite reliable.
No X512 UAT
KV03 ZFR is one of the 03 plate MPD @countryliner which was on the 11 on Friday
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk