News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Discount Travel Solutions

Started by winston, October 30, 2013, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Ones just arrived in city not in service (the Alexander bodied one)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

That will be him going back to garage after having the hose replaced

the trainbasher

That's that for the 87

QuotePD1121581/4 - DISCOUNT TRAVEL SOLUTIONS LIMITED, UNIT 3 BRIDGE STREET SOUTH, SMETHWICK, B66 3DR
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Oldbury and Birmingham City Centre given service number 87 effective from 05-Apr-2015.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 06, 2015, 05:30:43 PM
That's that for the 87

QuotePD1121581/4 - DISCOUNT TRAVEL SOLUTIONS LIMITED, UNIT 3 BRIDGE STREET SOUTH, SMETHWICK, B66 3DR
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Oldbury and Birmingham City Centre given service number 87 effective from 05-Apr-2015.

They don't give these services much chance to settle down before cancelling them.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Matt on February 06, 2015, 05:47:51 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 06, 2015, 05:45:32 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on February 06, 2015, 05:30:43 PM
That's that for the 87

They don't give these services much chance to settle down before cancelling them.

If it's a loss maker why carry on throwing money at it ?

True but you need to give it a good chance, are they just going to keep registering routes, give it a month to see if it does any good, then if not they deregister it.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

With all due respect stu you don't know the revenue on the 87. If it is at a certain level then you can look at whether it will pick up or not. But if both buses aren't even carrying half the amount you expect off 1 then there is nowhere to go from there.

I never expected the 87 to be profitable but even I was shocked at how bad it is.
If you owned the company you wouldn't have kept it on this long. That I can guarantee

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Steveminor on February 06, 2015, 09:27:38 PM
With all due respect stu you don't know the revenue on the 87. If it is at a certain level then you can look at whether it will pick up or not. But if both buses aren't even carrying half the amount you expect off 1 then there is nowhere to go from there.

I never expected the 87 to be profitable but even I was shocked at how bad it is.
If you owned the company you wouldn't have kept it on this long. That I can guarantee

So what sort of research was carried out before they registered on the 87 or was it just pick a route and register it?

Steveminor

You can do as much research as possible but you never really know until the bus is running as to how much you will carry.
Off the figures taken with the research from my working out it looked just about break even. But when the buses hit the road the 2 buses together didn't even match the projections for one bus.
Rest assured with the costs involved in registering and de registering a route no one in their right mind would just pick a route at random.

Solo1

how well is the 97 doing with DTS  compared to social travel

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on February 07, 2015, 07:59:01 PM
how well is the 97 doing with DTS  compared to social travel

errr can anyone tell the difference?

Steveminor

You shouldn't be sarcastic tony it is unbecoming of a man of your professionalism.
Super darts have a higher running cost than standard & mini darts therefore DTS break even is much lower than social travel.
It also seems that throughout the day there are slightly less groupings of 97s round DTS (whether this be luck or design I don't know)

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on February 08, 2015, 08:21:01 AM
You shouldn't be sarcastic tony it is unbecoming of a man of your professionalism.
Super darts have a higher running cost than standard & mini darts therefore DTS break even is much lower than social travel.
It also seems that throughout the day there are slightly less groupings of 97s round DTS (whether this be luck or design I don't know)

I wasn't being sarcastic, ask anyone of the passengers on either company and see how many can tell you which company they are on.

Nearly every one will just be on 'the other buses', 'the private buses' or tell you the colour

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2015, 08:57:06 AM
Super darts have a higher running cost than standard & mini darts
Nearly every one will just be on 'the other buses', 'the private buses' or tell you the colour

Travel on the 97 (I rarely do these days, I try to avoid it like the plague if I can - regardless of operator) & you will encounter a wide variety of languages spoken by passengers & drivers alike. I'd like to bet however that I'm one of only a few of S301's passengers that can understand both of the languages on the internal posters ;)

Steveminor

But that can be said about every company even nx aren't referred to by name by some people they call them "the proper bus"  as if anyone else were operating boats or something.
There are a few passengers that won't catch social travel but will catch DTS & vice versa.
The trouble I think comes from those companies that never had there own livery so a lot of people still expect if it's not in nx livery it could be anyone. But I'm sure you'd agree it's hard to confuse DTS livery with socials

Tony

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on February 08, 2015, 09:18:20 AM
Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2015, 08:57:06 AM
Super darts have a higher running cost than standard & mini darts

Travel on the 97 (I rarely do these days, I try to avoid it like the plague if I can - regardless of operator) & you will encounter a wide variety of languages spoken by passengers & drivers alike. I'd like to bet however that I'm one of only a few of S301's passengers that can understand both of the languages on the internal posters ;)

Does it still tell you which stop to get off for the sheep market?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk