News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Discount Travel Solutions

Started by winston, October 30, 2013, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Steveminor on December 31, 2014, 10:29:44 AM
The Transport manager is the owner of social travel & I write the timetables for Sunny DTS & social travel,  that's the link.
Re Sunday 72 nxwm have the lower 30 min frequency & struggle to cope with the loads at times, a feature I noticed with Diamonds 71 when I decided to run the 71 every 15 mins with AMPM.
Not running Saturday was my idea, gives each companies engineers time to work on the buses etc so they got no excuse for poor reliability. 
The 87 Sunday is a bit of a gamble but let's see how it turns out.
Oh & to answer the question Social travel have 2 super darts & an mpd.

Is the sunny 71 timetable on NWM correct then? There don't seem to be any short journeys to the radlys, but ones starting there to Solihull?

Also I see DTS are running a normal service opposed to a Saturday service, when they don't run.

PM

The Transport manager is the owner of social travel & I write the timetables for Sunny DTS & social travel,  that's the link.
Re Sunday 72 nxwm have the lower 30 min frequency & struggle to cope with the loads at times, a feature I noticed with Diamonds 71 when I decided to run the 71 every 15 mins with AMPM.
Not running Saturday was my idea, gives each companies engineers time to work on the buses etc so they got no excuse for poor reliability. 

Thanks for the info Steve and best of luck, particularly on the 87/97. Will be good to see some competition back on core routes!

Steveminor

The nwm timetables are correct. DTS & sunny are both operating a normal service today NOT Saturday service like the others. This has paid off big time for the 71.
The short workings from Radley to solihull are to help the drivers get back on time after i identified a trait lately where buses were getting delayed & having to be adjusted quite regularly to get back on time. These journeys will now run dead from chelmsley to Radley and then back onto their original times.

Ashley

Can I be a pain and ask for the registrations, many thanks. I will be making time to make use of your services in the new year

Steveminor

To be honest I can't remember off the top of my head the 2 spds are s reg the mpd is x reg all ex Cardiff bus.
Sorry I can't help more but won't be long till you see them anyway.

Ashley

Quote from: Steveminor on December 31, 2014, 09:02:51 PM
To be honest I can't remember off the top of my head the 2 spds are s reg the mpd is x reg all ex Cardiff bus.
Sorry I can't help more but won't be long till you see them anyway.

Thanks again :)

Solo1

Any photos  of social  travel /timetable

Steveminor

Steveminor

For 72 timetable just look half way between nxwm buses

Solo1

What aBout times for the 97 social travel & discount. Travel  times

Steveminor

2 buses each so times are not clock face. Services run between pine square & city roughly ever 40 mins for each company.
Breaks are different though as DTS wanted buses back at base for lunch so their breaks are in city whereas social trave have their breaks in chelmsley wood

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on December 31, 2014, 07:09:38 PM

Can I be a pain and ask for the registrations, many thanks. I will be making time to make use of your services in the new year

S301 SHB
S309 SHB
X183 CTG

the trainbasher

Either the 1743 has left early or its very late as it's not left moor street in the 20 minutes I've been here!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 09, 2015, 05:59:17 PM
Either the 1743 has left early or its very late as it's not left moor street in the 20 minutes I've been here!!

NXWM currently have 24 buses on the 97/97A/97P, 23 of them are currently withing VOSA guidelines of -1+4 of timetable, the 24th is showing as 5m57s late, so it shouldn't be over 20 minutes late

Steveminor

929 suffered a broken hose at chelmsley and therefore that journey failed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk