News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Discount Travel Solutions

Started by winston, October 30, 2013, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

If you knew the figures for the 966 you wouldn't give it much time to settle down either

winston

PD1121581/5 - DISCOUNT TRAVEL SOLUTIONS LIMITED, 11-12 ANNE ROAD, SMETHWICK, B66 2NZ

Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: Chelmesley Wood
    Finish Point: Birmingham City Centre
    Via: Meadway
    Service Number: 97
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Effective Date: 05-JAN-2015
    Other Details: Monday to Friday, no bank holidays

Matt.N0056

Saw a 966 last night on hermitage road at about half 7. Looking at the timetable - it was 2 hours late...!

Solo1

They are no longer in Anne Rd wonder if they have moved to   b by sun y travel

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Solo1 on December 29, 2014, 09:54:40 PM
They are no longer in Anne Rd wonder if they have moved to   b by sun y travel

Sunny travel drivers are driving for them aswell

Steveminor

It's actually a sunny travel driver that left to go to DTS before the sale. So he's gone full circle, well sort of.

PM

A summary of the DTS/Sunny/Social Travel changes coming soon. Please correct if wrong, I didn't know if Social Travel had anything to do with Sunny group. Steve might know?

Sunny are still on 71, right.

Discount are on 966 but coming off it.

Discount set to start 87 on Sundays.

Discount starting 97 M-F.

Social Travel starting 72 Sundays.

Social travel running 97, presumably Mon-Sat?

Matt.N0056

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 30, 2014, 09:09:51 PM
A summary of the DTS/Sunny/Social Travel changes coming soon. Please correct if wrong, I didn't know if Social Travel had anything to do with Sunny group. Steve might know?

Sunny are changing days they operate to Sun-Fri (new Sunday Service, not running Saturdays from this weekend

Social are Mon-Fri on 97

According to VOSA, Sunny & Social have the same Transport Manager, the only link I can find between the two

PM

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on December 30, 2014, 10:06:56 PM

Sunny are changing days they operate to Sun-Fri (new Sunday Service, not running Saturdays from this weekend

Social are Mon-Fri on 97

Thanks for the info Matt. Odd choice not to run Saturdays as I'd have thought that was a better day than Sundays?

Unless NXWM frequency is sufficiently lower that loadings could be higher with them more out of the way... Not sure

It's unusual and a criticism often made about certain operators is cherry picking M-Sat journeys. Not true of this group, they're offering Sunday service! 

Ashley

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 30, 2014, 10:10:54 PM

Social are Mon-Fri on 97

Thanks for the info Matt. Odd choice not to run Saturdays as I'd have thought that was a better day than Sundays?

Unless NXWM frequency is sufficiently lower that loadings could be higher with them more out of the way... Not sure

It's unusual and a criticism often made about certain operators is cherry picking M-Sat journeys. Not true of this group, they're offering Sunday service! 

Would give Claribels a chance to claw back abit of lose revenue if this is the case.

Do Social Travel have their own fleet?

Matt.N0056

Social are Mon-Fri on 97

When Sunny first started on the 71 it was mon-fri

There is only a half hour frequency on the NXWM 72 Sundays compared to the 15 min during the week plus Sunny's 12min 71E & Claribles 71E 20min which follow the 72 to Marston Green.

The Sunday frequency is quite a drop compared to the Mon-Sat 8min+ between Solihull & Tile cross provided by NXWM 71/2 & the 71E

As Steve has said on here before AMPM used to run a 15 min 71 between Solihull & Kingshurst, which was lost when they went. VIP have tried to compete against NXWM but didnt seem to pay off, probably due to tight running times.

Looking at timetables, Social & Sunny are providing a 15 min frequency together although the route will differ between Chelmsley Wood & Marston Green

PM

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on December 30, 2014, 10:35:44 PM

Social are Mon-Fri on 97

There is only a half hour frequency on the NXWM 72 Sundays compared to the 15 min during the week plus Sunny's 12min 71E & Claribles 71E 20min which follow the 72 to Marston Green.

The Sunday frequency is quite a drop compared to the Mon-Sat 8min+ between Solihull & Tile cross provided by NXWM 71/2 & the 71E

As Steve has said on here before AMPM used to run a 15 min 71 between Solihull & Kingshurst, which was lost when they went. VIP have tried to compete against NXWM but didnt seem to pay off, probably due to tight running times.

Looking at timetables, Social & Sunny are providing a 15 min frequency together although the route will differ between Chelmsley Wood & Marston Green

I see, good call on them competing on Sundays then but depends on whether NX have matched that to far lower passenger demand?

Should enhance Sunday service on that corridor though.

Are we assuming Social and Sunny are working together/part of the same group?

Matt.N0056

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 30, 2014, 10:44:11 PM
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on December 30, 2014, 10:35:44 PM

Social are Mon-Fri on 97

I see, good call on them competing on Sundays then but depends on whether NX have matched that to far lower passenger demand?

Should enhance Sunday service on that corridor though.

Are we assuming Social and Sunny are working together/part of the same group?

As I say, the only link I see at the moment is the Transport Manager, but more might become apparent when they start operating!

Steveminor

The Transport manager is the owner of social travel & I write the timetables for Sunny DTS & social travel,  that's the link.
Re Sunday 72 nxwm have the lower 30 min frequency & struggle to cope with the loads at times, a feature I noticed with Diamonds 71 when I decided to run the 71 every 15 mins with AMPM.
Not running Saturday was my idea, gives each companies engineers time to work on the buses etc so they got no excuse for poor reliability. 
The 87 Sunday is a bit of a gamble but let's see how it turns out.
Oh & to answer the question Social travel have 2 super darts & an mpd.

j789

Quote from: Steveminor on December 31, 2014, 10:29:44 AM
The Transport manager is the owner of social travel & I write the timetables for Sunny DTS & social travel,  that's the link.
Re Sunday 72 nxwm have the lower 30 min frequency & struggle to cope with the loads at times, a feature I noticed with Diamonds 71 when I decided to run the 71 every 15 mins with AMPM.
Not running Saturday was my idea, gives each companies engineers time to work on the buses etc so they got no excuse for poor reliability. 
The 87 Sunday is a bit of a gamble but let's see how it turns out.
Oh & to answer the question Social travel have 2 super darts & an mpd.

Will the new service on the 72 be offering a 15 minute service with the NXWM bus on a Sunday and actually benefit passengers or will it be timetabled to run 5 or less minutes in front of the NXWM bus and have absolutely no benefit to passengers apart from the opportunity to travel in a 15 year old Dart?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk