News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Discount Travel Solutions

Started by winston, October 30, 2013, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Public Inquiry (48653) held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL on 04 September 2014 at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2209)
)PD1121581          SN
DISCOUNT TRAVEL SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Director(s): BALKAR SINGH.
8 ERNEST ROAD  SMETHWICK B67 7LP

-   The operator does not satisfy the requirement for financial standing as it has sufficient finance for only 2 vehicles, not the 6 vehicles currently authorised; 

-   That the company's licence authorisation is curtailed from 6 discs to 2 discs with effect from 1st October 2014 under Section 17(1) and Section 14ZA(2)of the 1981 Act;

wonder if he will withdraw 966 before it starts or the 29 service

mikestone

I don't understand these decisions - clearly he wasn't straight about his financial standing, so cannot be a fit person to operate any business at all, yet alone a bus service.

Steveminor

I believe part of the problem with his financial standing is taking his fine into account.
From what I hear he is now trying to sell the company

Ossie

So they've got X179CTG which is ex Cardiff 179 ....... I've also recently seen W171EAX around, which is ex Cardiff 171 - but I don't know who the local operator is.  Does anyone know if 171 is also a Discount Travel vehicle?

Solo1

Quote from: Ossie on October 03, 2014, 12:04:13 AM
So they've got X179CTG which is ex Cardiff 179 ....... I've also recently seen W171EAX around, which is ex Cardiff 171 - but I don't know who the local operator is.  Does anyone know if 171 is also a Discount Travel vehicle?
if 171 is still in Cardiff livery then its Tamworth Bus & coach

Ossie

Thanks for that, Solo.  I can't recall what the livery was, unfortunately!

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Matt.N0056

Have they made an appearance on the 966 yet?

Tony

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on October 03, 2014, 07:47:34 PM

Yes, I past one at the Clock garage when I was doing my driving assessment. Anonymous Metro I was driving definintely trumps an anonymous dart!

Steveminor

I can confirm sunny travel have completed the purchase of discount travel. The fleet remains the same & it is being kept & run as a separate entity.

PM

Quote from: Steveminor on October 03, 2014, 07:59:44 PM
I can confirm sunny travel have completed the purchase of discount travel. The fleet remains the same & it is being kept & run as a separate entity.

Interesting news that Steve! It certainly seems Sunny are one of the stronger competing operators out there-I wonder if there's scope for acquiring any of the other competing operators? McGills certainly grew massively in Glasgow/Renfrewshire that way

Stu

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on October 03, 2014, 07:47:34 PM

The other evening, while I was having a lift home from work, I saw what I can only presume was one of their Darts, on the Warwick Road in Greet; it was all plain blue, and definitely had an LED display, showing 'Sorry Not In Service', I can only assume it was heading back to depot after completing 966 duty.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

They had previously tried to buy jobs travel but dropped out when they saw the state of the buses. There are one or two more they have approached but they will remain nameless at the moment. Unless they are successful.

the trainbasher

Do sunny have any buses with hanovers?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk