News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Ever Wondered...?

Started by trident4370, September 04, 2013, 08:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trident4370

...what a Leyland Lynx would look like in Red and White?
All I can say is IF ONLY......

It is even on my route too! :P :P :P

(found on google, not my mockup)

Rob H

Lynx's do look good in NXWM Livery :D
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Kiewii

PM

I wish they were still here to be honest  :( My absolute favourite buses of all time-I remeber as you trident4370 do as well I imagine when the 35 was one route all the way from town to northfield before it was split up into 35/27 again. A driver trying to keep to time with one of these is one of the best things I have ever heard!! We've still got 1292 thanks to wmtlynx on here and also midland red 1142 again thanks to wmtlynx. So glad some have been preserved and hope the preston bus one could be preserved as well when rotala withdraw it-23 years of pounding round preston says it all really

Like the lynx in this livery actually-the bonded glazing I think still makes them look modern if the front dash was tidied up a bit. My favourite livery was the route branded 27/35 low floor livery on these-looked brilliant and some had a good refurb as well

trident4370

Hmmm, I think I can barely remember the full 35 from when I was a kid haha, I do remember them being thrashed down Salisbury Road though back in the day. I agree with the comments about wmtlynx, he definitely has good taste and has a huge amount of my respect for the work he does at saving fantastic buses! I just wish more lynxes had survived in some form today :( Everyone who knows me, knows how much I am itching to have another lynx ride!
Overall I'd say the lynx carries the livery well, and does not show its age in these colours.

Nathan4775

My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on September 04, 2013, 08:19:31 PM
Hmmm, I think I can barely remember the full 35 from when I was a kid haha, I do remember them being thrashed down Salisbury Road though back in the day. I agree with the comments about wmtlynx, he definitely has good taste and has a huge amount of my respect for the work he does at saving fantastic buses! I just wish more lynxes had survived in some form today :( Everyone who knows me, knows how much I am itching to have another lynx ride!
Overall I'd say the lynx carries the livery well, and does not show its age in these colours.

Ha can remember bits of it lol but not very old when it was altered again. The 27/35 have been messed about with a lot over the years. Yeah, cos preserving buses is pretty expensive and he has even organised trips etc so a lot of respect and also he has good taste in what is preserved.

trident4370

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 04, 2013, 08:46:22 PM

The 27/35 have been messed about with a lot over the years.

And no doubt will be again haha

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on September 04, 2013, 09:21:02 PM

Yeah, I don't doubt that-can't understand the route at all now-you've got buses in northfield going in both directions on the same side of the road? Doesnt make sense to me at all

trident4370

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 04, 2013, 09:22:51 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on September 04, 2013, 09:21:02 PM

Yeah, I don't doubt that-can't understand the route at all now-you've got buses in northfield going in both directions on the same side of the road? Doesnt make sense to me at all

It looks worse than it is :P I understand but to someone who doesn't know the route it might be a bit confusing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk