News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

2981 - YJ09 MKZ (TF/BH)

Started by arrivadays, August 07, 2013, 09:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivadays

Does anybody know whether this bus will be back in service... Was involved in a nasty accident, near Bridgnorth... Article about it here --> http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/emergency-services/2013/07/31/bus-and-lorry-crash-near-bridgnorth/
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

arrivaaston

It will return to service, its either going back to optare for repair or in cannock

arrivadays

By in Cannock - do you mean get repaired there, or return to service there? Is the Arriva Midlands repair workshop located in Cannock, then? Of all places - I'm sure bob would agree with me!
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Apparently its coming back with a Dart engine and the interior from R330 TJW , its being heavily refurbished :-P  ps someone described the alx400 daf deckers at wednesfield as 'heavily refurbished'... id hate to think what an unrefurbed example would be like inside and sound like mechanically lol

arrivadays

A Versa with a Dart engine?!  :o Well, that'll go well... So, basically, it's going to have the bench seats from R330 TJW as well? This is crazy... I can't wait to ride on that... You never know - it could well come back with a Cummins ISBe engine like in 2997 - glad that's based at Telford now! Best bus there is - by far!

Bob

Lol I was only joking but to be fair even that would be good for cannock. Never known any garage anywhere have as many buses break down. Dont know why they cant seem to keep on top of it. It was never like this in midland red nortb days! Mind u they didnt operate a fleet of shit then lol

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on August 07, 2013, 07:11:31 PM
Lol I was only joking but to be fair even that would be good for cannock. Never known any garage anywhere have as many buses break down. Dont know why they cant seem to keep on top of it. It was never like this in midland red nortb days! Mind u they didnt operate a fleet of shit then lol

Darn! Would've loved a Versa with a Dart engine - then again, I was thinking whether it would work... I remember Y353 UON was involved in a crash once - and I had never even seen that bus before... Also, Cannock doesn't even have a SINGLE Optare - Solo, Versa, whatever - it hasn't got one! Not even a crappy old Solo - it might be the future graveyard of the Shropshire County Council Solos - those are some absolute-

Bob

Lol I dont think arriva take their cannock operation that seriously,  the 11 newest buses 61 plate sb200s spend half their time operating the 825 which doesnt even run to cannock. The stafford pulsars are ok as are the centros but everything else is either breaking down or just general tatty shit.

nx4737

Quote from: bob on August 07, 2013, 08:48:49 PM
Lol I dont think arriva take their cannock operation that seriously,  the 11 newest buses 61 plate sb200s spend half their time operating the 825 which doesnt even run to cannock. The stafford pulsars are ok as are the centros but everything else is either breaking down or just general tatty shit.

I'm wasting my time here trying to explain this to you, I know, but if they didn't take it seriously, do you really think Cannock would have Pulsars?

Bob

Oh did ypu mean the pulsars that spend at least 50% ( if theyre allocated properly which isnt that often!) Of their time on a route that doesnt even go to cannock and the rest of the time get stuck on other routes?

iamwilljh92

I was speaking to an Arriva driver the other day and I asked him what's going on with this and I got told that it's currently (as of late December 2013/early January 2014), parked up in Cannock still and he doesn't know what Arriva intend to do with it although he seems to think that they may well use it for spares however I myself and nor does he don't reckon it will return to actual service.

arrivaaston

iamwilljh92

Oh well thats what I was told..

arrivadays

Quote from: AMD on January 05, 2014, 12:52:37 AM
Not correct, see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34645962@N04/10579027614/in/photostream/

AMD, do you know an estimate of when this poor bus will be back out? Is it likely to be the other half of the year, perhaps?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk