News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

South West Birmingham network review

Started by jnl1984, July 23, 2013, 09:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 29, 2013, 09:01:10 PM
Great route to stick to time on though. Fantastic.

Would never have imagined that, can't quite recall whether it was on time or late any time I've ever caught it but being such a convoluted route and traffic on Harborne High st to negotiate I imagined it'd be hell to keep to time
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Kevin on July 29, 2013, 09:09:54 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 29, 2013, 09:01:10 PM
Great route to stick to time on though. Fantastic.

Would never have imagined that, can't quite recall whether it was on time or late any time I've ever caught it but being such a convoluted route and traffic on Harborne High st to negotiate I imagined it'd be hell to keep to time

Obviously 'rush-hour' (if a thing exists anymore) it'll get a bit of an issue, however they give you ample enough running time in the busy times to not stress.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

sonic84

The X64 is a tricky one... On the face of it, I would suggest running the 98 direct along the Bristol Road in a similar to the X62, and running the X64 via the University and QE Hospital, but I understand the point of the X64 was the give a quick and direct link from Weoley Castle to the City Centre, which I think is a valid point.

Also come evening peak, the 98/99 become quite unreliable, and it isn't unusual to see two 98's or 99's following each other along Edgbaston Park Road, so perhaps curtailing them to become more shuttle type services would be an option.

I would like to see the X64 withdrawn ideal and replaced with a combination of the old 20/21 services.  Perhaps ran as the 20 to the QE Hospital, and then as the 21 to Bartley Green with alternative journeys serving Selly Oak or Gibbons lane combing to every 10 minutes between City and QE.  This would also mean there is no need for the 48 to run onwards from the QE.

Keep the 98 running at every 20 minutes, but it runs direct along the Bristol Road.

The 99 I would curtail to run QE Hospital - Halesowen only, and extend the 84 from the QE to the City Centre via Edgbaston Park Road.

Sh4318

Quote from: sonic84 on July 31, 2013, 06:19:07 PM
The X64 is a tricky one... On the face of it, I would suggest running the 98 direct along the Bristol Road in a similar to the X62, and running the X64 via the University and QE Hospital, but I understand the point of the X64 was the give a quick and direct link from Weoley Castle to the City Centre, which I think is a valid point.

Also come evening peak, the 98/99 become quite unreliable, and it isn't unusual to see two 98's or 99's following each other along Edgbaston Park Road, so perhaps curtailing them to become more shuttle type services would be an option.

I would like to see the X64 withdrawn ideal and replaced with a combination of the old 20/21 services.  Perhaps ran as the 20 to the QE Hospital, and then as the 21 to Bartley Green with alternative journeys serving Selly Oak or Gibbons lane combing to every 10 minutes between City and QE.  This would also mean there is no need for the 48 to run onwards from the QE.

Keep the 98 running at every 20 minutes, but it runs direct along the Bristol Road.

The 99 I would curtail to run QE Hospital - Halesowen only, and extend the 84 from the QE to the City Centre via Edgbaston Park Road.

The 98 could still serve the Bristol Road & the University/QE.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Solo1

when wil the changes for this review be online

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk