News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 13, 2014, 10:07:29 PM
Quote from: Matt on May 13, 2014, 09:22:12 PM
Quote from: Stu on May 13, 2014, 09:01:39 PM
Because TGBs drivers are more inclined to drive them faster, or 'thrash' them as you like to put it?  ;D

I'm sure I've stated this before, but a bus will go as fast as the driver wants it to go. I've travelled on a TGB Trident on the 22 with the driver pushing it as fast as it will go, and I've been on a late running Trident on the NXWM 900 to Coventry. If the driver puts his foot down where they can, the bus will seem to fly, compared to when driven by a driver who takes it easy.

(I'm also resisting the temptation to make a crack about the 'weight' of a bus making a difference; an empty bus can travel faster than a fully laden one lol, but that would just be childish!  :P )

No, most 22 drivers take their time. I'm surprised you got one with a lead footed driver.

The driver controls how fast the bus goes? Really? I thought the bus decided. (!) ...that doesn't answer my question, although suffice to say I think I already know why they're faster - just wanted to see what others thought!

You are right though, the load of the bus can make a big difference. Imagine an 18 tonne double decker with 100 passengers on board (so a good 20-30 standees, not an uncommon sight). The average weight of each passenger might be 75kg. 75kg X 100 passengers = 7.5 tonnes, so an 18 tonne bus suddenly becomes a 25.5 tonne bus.

The first time i went on the 22 from Merry Hill To City, we left MH at 09:54 and arrived at Town Hall at 10:46 which included 7 minutes between MH and Colley Gate. Yes a lack of passengers were a help, but the driver did put his foot to the floor a lot. 

That's not good, it was only due in Harborne at 10:44. The driver should not leave timing points early. Let me know if this happens again

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Matt on May 13, 2014, 10:10:48 PM
Because TGBs drivers are more inclined to drive them faster, or 'thrash' them as you like to put it?  ;D

I'm sure I've stated this before, but a bus will go as fast as the driver wants it to go. I've travelled on a TGB Trident on the 22 with the driver pushing it as fast as it will go, and I've been on a late running Trident on the NXWM 900 to Coventry. If the driver puts his foot down where they can, the bus will seem to fly, compared to when driven by a driver who takes it easy.

(I'm also resisting the temptation to make a crack about the 'weight' of a bus making a difference; an empty bus can travel faster than a fully laden one lol, but that would just be childish!  :P )

No, most 22 drivers take their time. I'm surprised you got one with a lead footed driver.

The driver controls how fast the bus goes? Really? I thought the bus decided. (!) ...that doesn't answer my question, although suffice to say I think I already know why they're faster - just wanted to see what others thought!

You are right though, the load of the bus can make a big difference. Imagine an 18 tonne double decker with 100 passengers on board (so a good 20-30 standees, not an uncommon sight). The average weight of each passenger might be 75kg. 75kg X 100 passengers = 7.5 tonnes, so an 18 tonne bus suddenly becomes a 25.5 tonne bus.

The first time i went on the 22 from Merry Hill To City, we left MH at 09:54 and arrived at Town Hall at 10:46 which included 7 minutes between MH and Colley Gate. Yes a lack of passengers were a help, but the driver did put his foot to the floor a lot. 

That's not good, it was only due in Harborne at 10:44. The driver should not leave timing points early. Let me know if this happens again

This was early March with Trident 115, have to say i haven't seen the driver since!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Anyway back to WN Garage related posts......

Has anybody seen 4572 back in service yet? If so could you let me know thanks :)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 13, 2014, 10:20:49 PM
Quote from: Matt on May 13, 2014, 10:10:48 PM

This was early March with Trident 115, have to say i haven't seen the driver since!

Think that answers my unasked question then, cheers Stu.

Roy

Quote from: Nathan on May 13, 2014, 10:23:27 PM

Has anybody seen 4572 back in service yet? If so could you let me know thanks :)

It's been on the 255 today (1130 from Merry Hill), so it should have ended up on the 1705 256 from WN and 1825 257 from Stourbridge to Dudley.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Roy on May 13, 2014, 10:39:23 PM
Quote from: Nathan on May 13, 2014, 10:23:27 PM

It's been on the 255 today (1130 from Merry Hill), so it should have ended up on the 1705 256 from WN and 1825 257 from Stourbridge to Dudley.

Cheers Roy :) I've been at home ill today so haven't been able to go out this afternoon to see where it was ;)

domino.99

Possibly talking out of turn but here goes, Matt is there any need to be so rude he is just stating a fact which relates to your post.

nitromatt1

Quote from: NXDom on May 14, 2014, 04:37:54 PM

Possibly talking out of turn but here goes, Matt is there any need to be so rude he is just stating a fact which relates to your post.

Dom, think before you post.

Roy

Quote from: NXDom on May 14, 2014, 04:37:54 PM

I could have sworn that this thread was titled "Wolverhampton Garage".

Liverpool Street

Ooop, Sorry, Didn't realise we were ALL moderators on this thread? .........
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

There's a bus missing on WN59 this evening (bus on board 59/02).  There's at least a 24 minute gap between 4578 and 4556 (The missing bus should be between these two)

bususer12

4021 on 255e going up rangeways road, off route !!!

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

bususer12

@the trainbasher , was fun to see a double decker go along the bumps in that road though. First time i've seen a decker in service down there since there was metros on the 264/265. You see the odd enviro on the staff bus rarely.

the trainbasher

Quote from: bususer12 on May 17, 2014, 12:41:36 AM
@the trainbasher , was fun to see a double decker go along the bumps in that road though. First time i've seen a decker in service down there since there was metros on the 264/265. You see the odd enviro on the staff bus rarely.

I bet it was. The metros on the 264/265 from MH only feel like yesterday!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk