News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Quote from: Tony on March 03, 2014, 07:36:30 PM
Quote from: Ashley on March 03, 2014, 07:15:25 PM
I've just been told by a driver it's called the "bronze brake" and on 555 it has a tendency to shoot up at random sometimes. For a time 555 used to vibrate very loudly when the brakes were on so every surrounding noise became inaudible.

I think you mean the Broms Brake. It is an extra automatic brake on Volvos to stop runaways. As soon as the air pressure gets too low to operate the footbrake the Broms Brake comes on to stop the vehicle running away. Even if you build the air pressure back up it stays on until you reset it by putting the button that has risen slightly back into the lower position. If the Broms brake comes on with the engine running it normally means the bus is not holding its full air pressure, but the low air warning should always sound before the Broms brake applies.

I'm sorry for the incorrect spelling but thank you for explaining

Trident 4609

A WA based B10L pulled into Park Lane yard this morning followed by an engineering van. I believe it came off the 39 with a defect.

Also i know the answer to why 4308 was seen pulling out of PL. It had a defect on the 40 so was taken to Park Lane for attention

4006 has been on the pits since Monday and 555 was on the pits recieving attention today. 4605 came into garage half way through the day off the 529 with a defect.

Also looking at the running boards in dispatch yesterday there are some 255 boards that don't do 255's at all as all 256's/7's on 255 numbered boards.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on March 05, 2014, 05:00:09 PM
A WA based B10L pulled into Park Lane yard this morning followed by an engineering van. I believe it came off the 39 with a defect.

Also i know the answer to why 4308 was seen pulling out of PL. It had a defect on the 40 so was taken to Park Lane for attention

4006 has been on the pits since Monday and 555 was on the pits recieving attention today. 4605 came into garage half way through the day off the 529 with a defect.

Also looking at the running boards in dispatch yesterday there are some 255 boards that don't do 255's at all as all 256's/7's on 255 numbered boards.

Don't the 256 have 256 numbered boards then Nathan?  :)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Nope Stu :) All 256/7 Journeys are 255 boards so 255/0**'etc. I can't remember the board numbers but i will go to dispatch tommorow and look at the boards for you :)

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Nathan on March 05, 2014, 10:08:57 PM
Nope Stu :) All 256/7 Journeys are 255 boards so 255/0**'etc. I can't remember the board numbers but i will go to dispatch tommorow and look at the boards for you :)

This is probably left over from the disastrous days when the 257 first transferred to WN and all 3 routes interworked with each other, can't quite remember the correct order, think it might be somewhere in this thread actually but think a bus would do a 255 WN to Merry Hill and back to WN, 256 to Stourbridge, 257 to Dudley and back to Stourbridge then a 256 back to WN and so on!

The reliability of the 257 for that little while was poor indeed having to catch it most days

Ashley

When i was on the 62 into town this morning. A B7RLE passed us on Farmdale estate however it wasn't in service but following either the 62 or 62A route. Wonder what it could of been doing?

I personally see it as wasteful if WN plan to put B7RLE's on 62/62A. Within a week you'd spot one in Carlyle's yard.

barry

2066 was working the 126 yesterday evening. I saw it on the Birmingham New. Rd heading for Birmingham around 7.00pm. Don't see many of these on this route.

Trident 4609

Quote from: barry on March 07, 2014, 07:04:09 AM
2066 was working the 126 yesterday evening. I saw it on the Birmingham New. Rd heading for Birmingham around 7.00pm. Don't see many of these on this route.

Again a change bus in the rush hour.

Ashley you say its a waste but usually the B7's replace a B6 or if they are allocated from start of service then its the only bus they have avaliable. There have been hardly any B6's spare (A few are in the garage being worked on) so the B7 is the only other bus with transponders so will be the next bus suitible bus.

The B7 you saw was probably late running so adjusted to run dead to take up duties on the next 62

Same with any unusual working on a route, Sometimes the only avaliable bus is a type not usually on that route. Today a driver asked me me for a change bus for 1684 on the 59 so the bus i sent out out was 4011 as there were no tridents spare. This board was an evening 59 and Spectra's don't do Evening 59's (For several reasons) so this may be swapped with a bus coming off another route.

Ashley

That's not true. I believe the B7RLE was taken out on the 62A route as they are believed to be planning to tweek the frequency of the 62 to reduce its monday to saturday layover time in Finchfield due to complaints from drivers on the 3. A B7RLE may be the only vehicle available in the garage but it's still overkill

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ashley on March 07, 2014, 10:22:02 PM
That's not true. I believe the B7RLE was taken out on the 62A route as they are believed to be planning to tweek the frequency of the 62 to reduce its monday to saturday layover time in Finchfield due to complaints from drivers on the 3. A B7RLE may be the only vehicle available in the garage but it's still overkill

I guess you know more than me about the 62 route. Not exactly a route I take interest in. ;)

Tweek the frequency? I presume you mean the timetable as they would not change the 60 minute frequency (30 minutes combined)

There was not one B6 parked up spare in garage today so I guess they took a B7 out as its the only bus they could have available.

Which B6's have Transponders fitted? (I did actually look it up yesterday but can't remember which ones)

Also i would think if a B7 was in service on the 62/A they are the only other bus type with transponders fitted so I guess they are used if a B6 is not available.

I have heard the B6's are to be replaced this year at PL but I will believe I when I see it

Ashley

All B6LE's will have to be replaced this year because of DDA regulations. I think in WN's case, they'll decide on their intake quantity of new vehicles once it is known who will operate the 62/62A when the route is re-tendered in October. Transponder equipped B6LE's are 508, 554, 555, 586, 598. No B7RLE's have been on the 62/62A apart from that one off sunday appearance of 2028 and 2067's one trip wonder early in february. As for the 62/62A, Arriva and Diamond have said they are not interested in it and as much as it is percieved a dead duck, if NXWM marketed it properly and ran it for more hours in the day, the route would be a success as interest is there, people would use it if it ran for longer and if they knew it existed. Plus it would also avoid the continual uproar of community groups.

PM

Quote from: Ashley on March 07, 2014, 10:36:58 PM
All B6LE's will have to be replaced this year because of DDA regulations. I think in WN's case, they'll decide on their intake quantity of new vehicles once it is known who will operate the 62/62A when the route is re-tendered in October. Transponder equipped B6LE's are 508, 554, 555, 586, 598. No B7RLE's have been on the 62/62A apart from that one off sunday appearance of 2028 and 2067's one trip wonder early in february. As for the 62/62A, Arriva and Diamond have said they are not interested in it and as much as it is percieved a dead duck, if NXWM marketed it properly and ran it for more hours in the day, the route would be a success as interest is there, people would use it if it ran for longer and if they knew it existed. Plus it would also avoid the continual uproar of community groups.

Arriva and Diamond have said they are not interested in it? First of all, have they. Secondly, if they have, they presumably mean commercially. Thirdly, I cannot see arriva or diamond not running it under contract to Centro if the price was right.

Quote from: Ashley on March 07, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Personally running it more regular or later is a waste of time and money bus company's may have responsibilities but ultimately it is the profit margins that count!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

mranon

surely now it runs down gorsebrook rd extending its running hours would help plug the gap by the re-routing of the 25/a?

Trident 4609

Quote from: mranon on March 09, 2014, 02:13:57 PM
surely now it runs down gorsebrook rd extending its running hours would help plug the gap by the re-routing of the 25/a?
But is there enough demand at those times as after 4PM every 25 I caught after that time picked up 0 or very little passengers on that section of route

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk