News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

DOC37V

1675 seen hamping down the M6 today on the back of a Mansfield Wrecker, with 25A on the blinds!
Preserving a bit of West Midlands heritage with 1037 and 1849.

Ashley

1681 1686 601 662 - some of todays breakdowns

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ashley on January 10, 2014, 05:50:15 PM
1681 1686 601 662 - some of todays breakdowns

That all?? ::) ::)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

mranon

1674 seen on back of mansfield truck heading out of wolves in stafford street just after 10am

Trident 4609

WN garage are planning to withdraw the mercs with cascaded tridents from other garages. Whether the the tridents come from BC if they have new buses or another garage i'm not sure

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Nathan on January 14, 2014, 09:08:07 PM
WN garage are planning to withdraw the mercs with cascaded tridents from other garages. Whether the the tridents come from BC if they have new buses or another garage i'm not sure

I think WN could take a couple of extra B6LE should they become available. They could either go on the 11 or the 25A/C depending how popular that is.

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 14, 2014, 09:12:48 PM

I think WN could take a couple

of extra B6LE should they become available. They could either go on the 11 or the 25A/C depending how popular that is.

I believe no more B6's will transfer to WN for the present time. I hear more Tridents/Spectra's will be appearing on the 25A/C alongside the current mix of Mercs,B6's and B7RLE's

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Nathan on January 14, 2014, 09:16:33 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 14, 2014, 09:12:48 PM

I think WN could take a couple

of extra B6LE should they become available. They could either go on the 11 or the 25A/C depending how popular that is.

I believe no more B6's will transfer to WN for the present time. I hear more Tridents/Spectra's will be appearing on the 25A/C alongside the current mix of Mercs,B6's and B7RLE's

I doubt the 25A/C will need anything bigger than a B6LE.

Ashley

More deckers would be ideal for the right routes such as the 2 and 6, possibly the 4, 5 and 10, displacing B7RLE's on to other routes. If said Trident transfers happened, if they were refurbished, vehicle quality wouldn't be comprimised as nobody would really tell the vehicle age. All the same it would be nice to have our old Y reg's back at Wolves. One idea they thought of a while ago is transferring WN's Mercs to Coventry to wipe out their R and S reg's which are probably in better nick at first glance, the mechanicals condition is a whole other story though. Sorry I've started waffling

Trident 4609

It can get quite busy on the Stafford Rd and B6's will appear on the 25 but as you know the 25/A at Present can get anything. It depends what's avaliale at the time?

The first journey in the week starts at 05:34 from Wolverhampton getting into W'ton again at 07:04 so much earlier than the 08:04 25A journey at present. This will benefit workers at the I54 buiness Park who will get a quick direct link very early in the morning

Also as I suspected the Sunday 25 will run jut To Bilston departing W'ton at 25 past the hour getting to Bilston at 23 past the hour. The return journey will depart Bilston at half past the hour getting back to Wolverhampton at 28 past the hour. This could layover then work the 27 which departs at quarter to the hour. The return 27 gets into Wolves at 20 past each hour which can then work the 25

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ashley on January 14, 2014, 09:37:14 PM
More deckers would be ideal for the right routes such as the 2 and 6, possibly the 4, 5 and 10, displacing B7RLE's on to other routes. If said Trident transfers happened, if they were refurbished, vehicle quality wouldn't be comprimised as nobody would really tell the vehicle age. All the same it would be nice to have our old Y reg's back at Wolves. One idea they thought of a while ago is transferring WN's Mercs to Coventry to wipe out their R and S reg's which are probably in better nick at first glance, the mechanicals condition is a whole other story though. Sorry I've started waffling

I presume they would want to eliminate the mercs and it will also help with the prevention of Mercs on the 59 and B7's on the 126.

BTW the 10 can't operate anything other than B7's due to them being the only vehicle type that can activate the per ton busway

As you know plans change so you never know but as said some routes like the the 2,3,4 and routes like the 28 and 82 see overcrowding on some busy school journeys (One 82 board Mon-Fri is DD operated)

Kevin

Quote from: Nathan on January 14, 2014, 09:49:04 PM
BTW the 10 can't operate anything other than B7's due to them being the only vehicle type that can activate the per ton busway

So does that mean the 62/62A is gonna be B7 operated as well? As its been extended through the bus gate
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4609

Quote from: Kevin on January 14, 2014, 10:45:22 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 14, 2014, 09:49:04 PM

So does that mean the 62/62A is gonna be B7 operated as well? As its been extended through the bus gate

Tbh i don't know how it works as Arriva have sent all sorts down that bus lane. Maybe the B6's will be fitted with transponders?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk