News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on January 04, 2014, 07:42:23 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 04, 2014, 07:09:38 PM
Two are in for MOT and one is poorley ATM (Presume its the one I saw the other day being towed back to garage)

As a result there have been no B5's on the 59 with 5510-14 covering on the 1 and filling in for tridents on the 126

5511, 5512 and 5514 are/were all on the 59 today

Sorry I meant there weren't any on Thursday or Yesterday. Of course I know 5511/2/4 have been on today ;) Caught 5514 at Lunchtime and 5511 this afternoon

Trident 4609

Two are in for MOT and one is poorley ATM (Presume its the one I saw the other day being towed back to garage)

As a result there have been no B5's on the 59 with 5510-14 covering on the 1 and filling in for tridents on the 126

5420/1 were in for MOT on Friday. 5420 is back in traffic (Seen this morning in Wolverhampton on the 1)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on January 05, 2014, 12:12:09 PM

5420/1 were in for MOT on Friday. 5420 is back in traffic (Seen this morning in Wolverhampton on the 1)

Does buses need an MOT every year, the reason i ask is when you buy a new car, it only needs an MOT afetr three years.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

5421 was on the 1 yesterday I think.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 05, 2014, 01:05:58 PM

Does buses need an MOT every year, the reason i ask is when you buy a new car, it only needs an MOT afetr three years.

Every year from new. Company V.I. every 4weeks/month from new.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

4605 has swapped front panels again (firstly it had the font panel off 4558) now it appears to have the front panel off 4541. I'm not 100% certain but I think 4558 has had its front panel back off 4605. 4541's front panel (Underneath the Windscreen) has no logo on it now either

Ashley

If an MOT is every year from new surely WN's E400::::'s can't be due until the spring. The buses Nathan was referring to must have just been having a V.I.?

mranon

help if im barking up wrong tree with nxwm, but when i used to run the garage of a coach company, i used to plan the years maintenance, v.i's legally are required every 6 weeks, but i had them in 4 weekly. it was easier and gave opportunity to action repairs/servicing around them. i used to book mot slots in advance, so if a coach was sold, its replacement would take over the dates on the planner. maybe this is why the hybrids at wn are being done before they get to 12 months old

Liverpool Street

Quote from: mranon on January 05, 2014, 06:41:37 PM
help if im barking up wrong tree with nxwm, but when i used to run the garage of a coach company, i used to plan the years maintenance, v.i's legally are required every 6 weeks, but i had them in 4 weekly. it was easier and gave opportunity to action repairs/servicing around them. i used to book mot slots in advance, so if a coach was sold, its replacement would take over the dates on the planner. maybe this is why the hybrids at wn are being done before they get to 12 months old

Remember the earliest it can be presented for MOT is a month before its due date.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

BN

You can MOT a bus at any point, its just that you will lose whatever ticket you have left on it.

The Hybrids have gone in for MOT now to make it easier to plan this year.

Ashley

mranon

you can mot at any time, but you loose whatever is left on the current ticket, except where 30 days or less is remaining. if you put it in on earliest opportunity, you can in fact have 13 months mot.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: mranon on January 05, 2014, 09:31:45 PM
you can mot at any time, but you loose whatever is left on the current ticket, except where 30 days or less is remaining. if you put it in on earliest opportunity, you can in fact have 13 months mot.

Only then if you leave it to latest opportunity the following year..

"About the test
Lorries and buses (including coaches) must be tested each year. The first test should be 12 months after the vehicle was first registered with DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency).

Trailers must be tested 1 year after they were first sold or supplied.

The test can be done at a VOSA Goods Vehicle Testing Station (GVTS) or a privately owned Authorised Testing Facility (ATF). Both use VOSA staff and testing standards.

The annual test can be booked up to 93days ahead"
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 05, 2014, 07:11:36 PM

Remember the earliest it can be presented for MOT is a month before its due date.

That's not correct, that is just the earliest you can present it and keep the same anniversary date, you can present a vehicle as often as you like, It just gets a new MoT from 12 of the date of inspection. Most batches of new buses are done early to spread the datess over a period of time to even the load out.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2014, 10:52:48 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 05, 2014, 07:11:36 PM

That's not correct, that is just the earliest you can present it and keep the same anniversary date, you can present a vehicle as often as you like, It just gets a new MoT from 12 of the date of inspection. Most batches of new buses are done early to spread the datess over a period of time to even the load out.

Then I stand corrected! Thanks Tony, just proves you're never too old to learn something new.
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk