News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Quote from: Roy on December 16, 2013, 01:20:16 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on December 16, 2013, 01:15:51 PM
Quote from: Roy on December 16, 2013, 12:44:01 PM
The 82 in the picture is 1654.  The other bus looks like a Merc but you can't see how much that one is damaged.

Obviously, we can see it is 1654, T654 FOB. The article says that bus numbers 26 and 82 so I would assume a B6 would be the second bus.

If you read the article again, it says 82 and 25.

I stand corrected, I mis-read the 25 for 26 and I entered the number 6 instead of number 5. Okay, another Merc it is. I wonder how it happened.

Roy

1654 is in TWM colours so must be a candidate for withdrawal.  I am guessing that the other Merc in the photo was the other bus involved.  This is also in TWM colours so its fate may depend on the extent of the damage to the rear.

Incidentally, the Birmingham Mail disagrees with the Express and Star and says that the two routes were 82 and 26.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Roy on December 16, 2013, 01:38:44 PM
1654 is in TWM colours so must be a candidate for withdrawal.  I am guessing that the other Merc in the photo was the other bus involved.  This is also in TWM colours so its fate may depend on the extent of the damage to the rear.

Incidentally, the Birmingham Mail disagrees with the Express and Star and says that the two routes were 82 and 26.
It seems likely it was the 82 and 25 that were involved, given that the 25 stand is in front of the 82 stand and the 26 stand is the other side of the bus station.

Trident 4609

They are still cleaning it up now with the smashed window being replaced

Trident 4609

I believe the Merc on the 25 would have worked the 08:05 25A

NXWM Spectra

Yes, I saw this a little after it happened at about 08:20 (not sure where E&S got their time from) and it involved two Mercedes 0405N on routes 82 and 25. It appeared to have been the fault of the 82 driver but I didn't see it happen so won't comment on this any further.

When I returned at 16:00, two people were sweeping and stands B and C will remain closed all evening, so I've heard.

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on December 16, 2013, 05:11:17 PM
Yes, I saw this a little after it happened at about 08:20 (not sure where E&S got their time from) and it involved two Mercedes 0405N on routes 82 and 25. It appeared to have been the fault of the 82 driver but I didn't see it happen so won't comment on this any further.

When I returned at 16:00, two people were sweeping and stands B and C will remain closed all evening, so I've heard.

Yes saw them in attendance at 15:15. Think they may have been putting in replacement glass panels in too but couldn't see properly

nitromatt1

Why did it have to be 2 Mercs, why not a couple of Tridents or B7s :(

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 16, 2013, 05:19:03 PM
Why did it have to be 2 Mercs, why not a couple of Tridents or B7s :(

Really we should be wishing the crash never happened in the first place as two people were hurt so I hope they are ok

the trainbasher

Thoughts to the persons injured.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andrew1991

Quote from: Roy on December 16, 2013, 01:38:44 PM

Express and Star had it as 82 & 26 this morning, but then getting the story right in the first place seems to be difficult for them.

nitromatt1

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 16, 2013, 05:36:17 PM

The two people injured were the two drivers who sustained minor neck injuries. I can't imagine it would've been a particularly high speed crash, so hopefully their injuries will be minimal.

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 16, 2013, 05:45:05 PM

The two people injured were the two drivers who sustained minor neck injuries. I can't imagine it would've been a particularly high speed crash, so hopefully their injuries will be minimal.

I wonder whether it was the fault of the driver or a fault possibly with the bus (Although the latter maybe unlikley)

Liverpool Street

With the vast majority of accidents similar to this it is driver error. Obviously I don't know the cause but most likely scenario.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on December 16, 2013, 06:30:17 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 16, 2013, 05:45:05 PM

I wonder whether it was the fault of the driver or a fault possibly with the bus (Although the latter maybe unlikley)

(my post seems to have disappeared, so reposting) There are many potential causes of course, one could be an electrical fault causing a surge through the accelerator cable as I remember happening in a NXWM Merc previously. As LS states though, it is more likely to be simple driver error. Nobody can know at this stage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk