News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j_rp_wright

The reasons routes are usually broken up is for commercial reasons such as one journey on a bus now becomes two sperate journeys equals more money. Now banga is on route 26, by linking these routes back together NX are hopeing to regain passengers due to the need for not having to make multiple changes.

Trident 4609

Quote from: j_rp_wright on November 28, 2013, 06:16:10 PM
The reasons routes are usually broken up is for commercial reasons such as one journey on a bus now becomes two sperate journeys equals more money. Now banga is on route 26, by linking these routes back together NX are hopeing to regain passengers due to the need for not having to make multiple changes.

Banga aren't really a threat to NX and both routes are not really the most profitable routes NX operate anyway so personally i don't think it will make a difference

The 25/A have been messed about with too many times and work as they are now

Ashley

The 62/62A aren't tendered I don't think. Back in 2002, Zak's gave up the 682 and travel West Midlands took the service over. Over the years they've made various changes but patronage hasn't increased, all that's changed is the increased number of empty seats and breakdowns because the B6LE's (the majority of) that WN have are sh@t (sorry). The routes have been under observation by centro in recent months to get an idea of average patronage. I think NX no longer see much point continuing a service that pprobably does cost more to run than it brings in so in April the route will pass to another operator or be axed for good if nobody is interested (thats roughly how its been explained to me by WN drivers but no doubt im wrong about something)

Trident 4609

So they will withdraw the 62/A leaving the 26 without a route to interwork with so they will join the 25/6 up to form a W'ton-W'ton via Goldthorn Park,Bilston,Willenhall,Wednesfield,Bushbury Hill, Wobaston and Stafford Rd? Will this cirular follow the 25 or 25A route on the 25 section of the route?

Ashley

No, the 26 will still be its own entity running WN to Bilston. However it will then change to a 25C to run back to Wolverhampton along the line of route the current 25 route which will stay. This will work in the opposite direction with a vehicle running WN to Bilston as a 25A along the current 25 route then will run Bilston to WN as a 26. The current 25A will be withdrawn as well as the 62/62A if any of this makes sense

the trainbasher

Quote from: Ashley on November 28, 2013, 09:46:59 PM
No, the 26 will still be its own entity running WN to Bilston. However it will then change to a 25C to run back to Wolverhampton along the line of route the current 25 route which will stay. This will work in the opposite direction with a vehicle running WN to Bilston as a 25A along the current 25 route then will run Bilston to WN as a 26. The current 25A will be withdrawn as well as the 62/62A if any of this makes sense

That has confused me!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ashley

Hang on i'll try again

62/62A to be withdrawn in April

25/26 will interwork

Current 25A service withdrawn, current 25 will be renumbered 25A Wolverhampton to Bilston. Current 25 will be renumbered 25C Bilston to Wolverhampton

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 28, 2013, 09:50:12 PM
Quote from: Ashley on November 28, 2013, 09:46:59 PM

That has confused me!

and me  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ashley on November 28, 2013, 09:52:42 PM
Hang on i'll try again

25/26 will interwork

Current 25A service withdrawn, current 25 will be renumbered 25A Wolverhampton to Bilston. Current 25 will be renumbered 25C Bilston to Wolverhampton

so 25A will only run in the Wolverhampton to Bilston direction and the 25C will only run in the Bilston to Wolverhampton direction. Why not just call it the 25??
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ashley on November 28, 2013, 09:52:42 PM
Hang on i'll try again

25/26 will interwork

That will make some Long Knowle residents angry!

Ashley

I hope thats a little less comfusing. The current 25A doesn't serve long knowle does it?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ashley on November 28, 2013, 09:59:15 PM
I hope thats a little less comfusing. The current 25A doesn't serve long knowle does it?

Yes it does :) Serves Long Knowle Lane and Blackhalve Lane like the old 525

Ashley

Ohh ok thanks Nathan, i havent done the route for a good while, clearly I need to aha

j_rp_wright

When I used to drive the 526 it wasn't that busy same as 530 and look what happens to that when banga also ran on it... Twm withdrew due to low numbers

andrew1991

The banga bus i saw the other day had quite a few people on it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk