News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Does anyone know if 4310 is back at WN yet or if it has been back in service yet? Haven't seen it in service yet

winston

Quote from: Trident 4609 on November 17, 2013, 08:55:43 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 17, 2013, 08:47:51 PM
Will be interesting to see if WN have put in a bid for any E200s to eradicate the B6s next year?

I was thinking that aswell. Also i know someone said that the Spectras are staying until 2016 but there are lots of new buses being ordered (More Dd's most likley in 2014) so i can either see the 126 being upgraded with new buses (Withdrawing Spectras) or tridents cascading from another garage.

I have a feeling next year PE will also get some more tridents cascaded from another garage aswell

I'd hazzard a guess some may become surplus for cascade from BC, as it seems likely that the 45/47 (Pershore Rd) routes are due to be upgraded next year

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on November 17, 2013, 09:32:32 PM
Will be interesting to see if WN have put in a bid for any E200s to eradicate the B6s next year?

I was thinking that aswell. Also i know someone said that the Spectras are staying until 2016 but there are lots of new buses being ordered (More Dd's most likley in 2014) so i can either see the 126 being upgraded with new buses (Withdrawing Spectras) or tridents cascading from another garage.

I have a feeling next year PE will also get some more tridents cascaded from another garage aswell

I'd hazzard a guess some may become surplus for cascade from BC, as it seems likely that the 45/47 (Pershore Rd) routes are due to be upgraded next year

With so-called facelifted / new e400 model. Which has yet to materialise... ADL, what are you playing at
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

I do wonder whether the Spectras will last until 2016, if spares are already in short supply? Possibly the only way to carry on will be to withdraw half of them and carry on with say 10.

However is it worth just running a small fleet of ten.

Maybe better to withdraw them and replace them with cascaded vehicles from other depots.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 17, 2013, 09:40:58 PM
I do wonder whether the Spectras will last until 2016, if spares are already in short supply? Possibly the only way to carry on will be to withdraw half of them and carry on with say 10.

However is it worth just running a small fleet of ten.

Maybe better to withdraw them and replace them with cascaded vehicles from other depots.

Well its becoming obvious they will be the first 'modern' decker to be withdrawn. Then the Volvo B7, ALX B7, Tridents, then early E400s (that's excluding single deckers and over a time frame of 20 odd years.) Ugh, that's a weird thought, I might not be here to see the E400's being withdrawn.

Didn't I read somewhere parts for the Spectra were being discontinued at certain dealers? I'll try to find the article as I may have misread it.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 17, 2013, 09:35:24 PM
Quote from: Winston on November 17, 2013, 09:32:32 PM

With so-called facelifted / new e400 model. Which has yet to materialise... ADL, what are you playing at

ADL announced at Coach & Bus Live that the first prototypes on the new double deckers being developed were being built at that time (i.e. mid Oct). I doubt any production models would be delivered until the second half of 2014 at the earliest

Liverpool Street

I see Winston.

I was told by a close source at ADL that it would've been reveled at Coach & Bus, and first deliveries first quarter of 2014.

Must've come into production issues. There isn't even a first look sketches?
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 17, 2013, 09:52:52 PM
I see Winston.

I was told by a close source at ADL that it would've been reveled at Coach & Bus, and first deliveries first quarter of 2014.

Must've come into production issues. There isn't even a first look sketches?

LS,

No, I don't think ADL have even release artist impressions of the new design

Coach & Bus Live would have been perfect for the launch of the new model

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on November 17, 2013, 08:50:21 PM
Tbh i can't remember when i exactly saw 508-Could have been the other week thinking about it.

But Matt you are only usually in Wolverhampton sometimes on a Saturday so you won't see if its out on Mon-Fri so it probably does see regular service still :)

No, I see all the B6s on a regular basis, except 508. I expect it has been receiving some form of attention. Perhaps someone at WN can confirm?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

2025 was on the 1 today

Only thing i can think of is that a Trident broke down so 2009 replaced it

Same thing probably happened with 2025 on the 1

2025 was on from at least 10 this morning when I first saw it, so would have had to have been a very early breakdown, more likely it was put out all day, and just seen it again at half 10 heading into Wolverhampton

Ashley

I haven't seen 508 not last week anyway

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on November 17, 2013, 10:37:21 PM

2025 was on the 1 today

Only thing i can think of is that a Trident broke down so 2009 replaced it

Same thing probably happened with 2025 on the 1

2025 was on from at least 10 this morning when I first saw it, so would have had to have been a very early breakdown, more likely it was put out all day, and just seen it again at half 10 heading into Wolverhampton
A Decker was probably allocated but found defective at the pre service check at the garage so 2025 may have been the replacment used
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Trident 4609

Matt, Saw 508 today on the 26 this afternoon so still in service :)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on November 18, 2013, 08:37:06 PM
Matt, Saw 508 today on the 26 this afternoon so still in service :)

Thought so, like I said it was most likely out of service for a while receiving attention.

Trident 4609

Wednesfield Xmas Lights Switch on 2013:

Wednesfield High Street is currently closed till 18:30 due to the annual Christmas Lights switch on.

Therefore NXWM services 25/A,59,69 and 89 are being diverted:

Route 25-(Towards Wolverhampton) Normal Line of Route to Junction of High Street and Alfred Squire Rd then bear left then turn right onto Rookery Street to normal ine of Route (Missing out High St)

Towards Bilston is reverse of above

Route 25A- (Towards Wolverhampton) Normal line of route to March End Rd/Neachells Lane/Alfred Squire Rd T junction then turn right onto Neachells Lane then Right onto Lichfield Rd joining normal line of route (Missing out the High St)

Towards Bilston is reverse of above

Routes 59/69/89- (Towards Wolverhampton) Normal line of route to Lichfield Rd canal bridge then turn left onto Neachells Lane then right at the Neachells Lane/March End Rd/Alfred Squire Rd crossroads onto Alfred Squire Rd (Past the Police Station) then onto Rookery St (Missing out the High St) joining normal line of route

Towards Ashmore Park/Walsall is reverse of above

Arriva services 19 and 68 observe the same diversion as NXWM's Service's 59/69/89 in both Directions

Arriva service 57 observes same diversion as NXWM service 25A in both directions

Some heavy delays on these services this afternoon as a result

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk